Make Your Girlfriend Want You More
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Maria Quinney
Making your girlfriend want you more is not rocket science, and while there are some differences between men and women, her needs and desires aren't all that different from your own. The most important thing that you have to know about women is that we need validation from you. As many times as you think that she already knows how you feel, she really doesn't until you tell and show her. If you do that, you can't go wrong.
Keep the Romance Alive
Most women love romance: it's there in the books we read and the movies we watch. While you don't have to be the swashbuckling pirate or nobleman who comes in and sweeps her off her feet, she does want you to be her special hero and the man of her dreams. She wants you to be the man who makes her stomach flutter and brings a blush to her cheeks.
- 1Whether your relationship is new or you've been together for years, you should never stop flirting with each other. Flirting is fun, playful, and keeps the spark going.Flirt with her.Advertisement
- 2While you don't have to act out every fantasy you have (and you probably shouldn't,) discussing your secret desires with each other helps you to get closer and, let's face it, it's exciting!Tell her your fantasies and ask her to reveal hers.Advertisement
- 3It doesn't have to be anything spectacular; it can be a bouquet of flowers, a box of candy, or her favorite bottle of wine.Bring her little gifts.
- 4Whether you make it yourself (which she will really love, trust me!) and serve it to her on a table set for two with candles and a bottle of wine, or you take her out to her favorite restaurant, make sure that you focus on her. Reach across the table and hold her hand while giving her that special smile you reserve only for her. Believe me, she will eat it up.Treat her to a romantic dinner.
- 5Do something unexpected that's just for her. You know her best and what she likes, but here are some surefire ideas:Surprise her.
- Create a trail for her to follow from the front door that leads into the bedroom, where you'll be waiting for her (dressed or not).
- Leave little romantic notes around the house for her to find.
- Take her out somewhere special but don't tell her where you're taking her. For instance, you could take her to your favorite romantic spot on the lake, in the mountains, or at the beach.
- Write her a poem or a song. Don't worry if it's cheesy or about how good it is, just do it. She will love that you took the time to write it for her.
- 6Be creative, flirty, and fun. You can remind her of romantic time you had in the past or tell her that you've got something planned for her when she gets home. Let her know that you're thinking of her of the things you want to do together.Send her romantic or sexy texts.
- 7Enhance your bond with her by taking every opportunity to connect with her through touch. Let her know that you crave her nearness. For instance, you can:Show her physical affection.
- Put your arm around her shoulders while you're sitting on the couch together watching television.
- Reach out and squeeze her thigh or hold her hand while you're driving.
- Give her a gentle kiss on the forehead or the tip of her nose.
- Hold her hand when you're walking together.
Show Her That You Care
Remember when I said that women need validation? Aside from being her romantic hero, you need to demonstrate your love and affection for her in words as well as actions. Also, you need to be consistent about it; do it every day, not just every now and then, when you think about it.
- 1You may think that she knows how much you love her by your actions, and while actions do matter, she needs to hear the words, too. You'd be surprised at how much a simple "I love you" can do.Tell her that you love her.Advertisement
- 2Do the dishes, take out the garbage, or vacuum the living room without her having to ask you. She will notice that you have already done it without her having to ask (or nag) you, and it will make her feel good.Take initiative with the household chores.
- 3If she wants your advice on how to deal with the issue, she will ask for it outright. If she is just talking, let her vent. Let her know that you're listening to her, but don't offer any solutions, however much you might want to do so.Listen to her without trying to "fix" anything.
- 4When she asks you about your day, don't respond with a simple "it was fine." Elaborate and give her details; she is interested in you and wants to know you.Engage with her.
- 5Let her know that you have confidence in her and that you know that she can achieve her goals. Of course, she should do the same for you.Offer her your support.Make sure that she knows that you've got her back, no matter what.
- 6Tell her that her hair looks pretty or how you love the way her eyes sparkle when she laughs. Being complimentary toward her lets her know that you value her and that she is your special person.Pay her compliments.
- 7Whether you do it yourself or take her car somewhere to get it done, she will appreciate that you're thinking of her and care enough about her to help her cross an item off her to-do list.Get the oil changed in her car or get it washed.
- 8Spend some time together without any outside distractions. Sit on the couch or in bed and talk or cuddle together. Keep the television off and put the smartphone away; this is time just for the two of you to be together and appreciate each other.Spend one-on-one time together.
- 9It could be in your wallet, your apartment, or even the lock screen on your phone. She will notice it and love it!Keep her photo somewhere.
- 10Having her meet your friends and family lets her know that you are serious about her. It means that you are integrating her into your life and that you see a future with her.Introduce her to your friends and family.
Take Care of Business
Women need and want to be in relationships with men, not boys. It doesn't mean that you have to be an alpha male, whatever that's supposed to be. It means only that you have your head screwed on straight and that you have a life of your own.
- 1Everyone should have something that they are working to achieve in life, whether it's the corner office, the ability to bench press 200 pounds, or whatever. When you have something that you are striving for, you are showing her that you care about the future and are willing to put in the effort to make a life together.Have a goal in life.
- Tell her you love her every day
- Hug her just because
- Hold her when she cries
- Make her breakfast in bed
- Be yourself
- Tell her you love her smile
- Ask for her advice
- Ask her to come with you while you run an errand
- Go for a stroll hand in hand around the block
- Lie down with your head in her lap while you're watching television