Make Them Jealous via Text Messaging
Edited by Kathy McGraw, Maria Quinney, VC
Jealousy is called the green-eyed monster for obvious reasons: it can turn the mildest mannered person into the Hulk. Well, okay, it doesn't actually turn them into a giant raging green beast, but you get the idea. Raging green monsters aside, jealousy can be a useful tool for drawing someone you're interested in closer to you if used correctly. However, it is not without risks, which you should be aware of before you start. Some of the risks include:
- You may anger the other person to the point where they begin to dislike you
- The other person may discover or suspect what you are doing, which will make you look foolish at best and manipulative at worst
- The other person may lose interest
Remember that while it's fun to make someone you're interested in jealous, try not to let it go too far. If you're ready to learn how to do it, read on, and we'll explain how.
Play Hard To Get
When you keep your time and attention scarce from someone, it becomes instantly more valuable to them and makes it something they crave. It also keeps them guessing about who else might be interested in getting your attention as well.
- 1Take your time answering their texts. In fact, take a day or so to respond to them. Not only will this make it clear that you are not available at their beck and call, but it will also have them wondering where you were and who you were with that you couldn't respond to them right away.Advertisement
- 2Let them be the one to text you (most of the time). Allowing them to initiate most conversations shows them that you aren't too invested yet. You like them, sure, but you have other things going, and you know what? You're worth pursuing.Advertisement
- 3Keep it mostly brief. Keep your replies short and to the point. Not so much that you seem unfriendly, just enough to convey that you are busy with other things.
Flaunt Your Independence
When you remain busy with your own life and your friends, you send a message that you don't need this other person to be happy. This will drive them crazy with jealousy about what you're doing and who you are with. It will make them want to get closer to you, want to make you need them just a little.
- 1Turn them down sometimes. Don't always agree to see them. Tell them you're busy; having a life of your own makes you more attractive than always being available.Advertisement
- 2Drop hints that you're dating other people. Don't be obvious about it, just hint at it. You can say something like "Hey, last night I saw the latest Avengers movie with a friend. It was awesome." Let them assume what they will about your "friend."
- 3Share tidbits about the good times you're having without them. Nothing gets someone going more than knowing the person they're pursuing a relationship with is doing fun stuff, and they're not around to share it with them.
- 4Accidentally text them a flirty message. Send them a flirty message, then pretend like you meant to send it to someone else instead. This will have them wondering who you were sending it to and why.
- 5Mention your ex. Pepper your conversations with mentions of your ex, especially if you are still friends with them. Talk about how you are going to see them over the weekend.
Remain Illusive and Mysterious
A little mystery goes a long way toward keeping someone's interest high. It keeps you in the forefront of their mind as they wonder what you are up to and why you aren't hanging out with them. By keeping things vague, you let their mind create stories about what you might be doing and with whom without you having to say much of anything.
- 1Don't reveal too much about your schedule. When they ask you what you're doing during the weekend, keep your answers vague. Tell them something like "I'm doing something with friends" or "There's a thing I might see with a friend, I'm not sure yet." Keep them guessing about what you're doing.
Know the Limit
Making someone jealous to maintain the excitement in your relationship or to get them to pursue you harder is fine up to a point; however, after a while, the other person can start to feel like being with you is too much of an effort for too little in return. Also, the other person may get the impression that you're just playing games with them, and they may start to dislike you for it.
- 1Flirt a little. Keep it casual and fun.Throw them a few compliments, just enough to show them that you're interested in them, but not too interested. For example, you could say "I thought you looked awesome yesterday. I really like the color blue on you."
- 2Don't cut them off if they appear to be troubled. If it seems like they need someone to talk to, be a good friend and listen to them.
- 3Don't always blow them off. You should interact with them normally and agree to spend time with them because if you always have something else to do, then they will quickly lose interest.
- 4Don't keep the jealousy going forever. If you genuinely like the other person, then be honest with them and see where the relationship goes. You can't proceed any further until you let them get closer to you.
Sample Text Messages to Send Them
Here are a few template text messages to incite their jealousy. Be sure to customize them for your situation.
- 1Yeah, it would be fun to get together this weekend, but I can't because I'm going somewhere with a friend of mine. Can we reschedule?
- 2I had so much fun last night. You would not believe how wild it got!
- 3Oh, I can't. I'm too beat from last night. Another time?
- 4You know that new Imax show? It was incredible!
- 5Hey, you should wear blue more often; it really makes your eyes pop.
- 6Sorry I didn't text back last night. I was at a concert with some friends, and I couldn't hear my phone.
- 7The Risotto at that new Italian place is amazing. I went there with a friend last night, and I couldn't get enough of it, You have to try it.
- 8Sorry. Can't chat now, I am on the way out the door.
- 9I don't know for sure, but I think I'm headed out to the mountains this weekend.
- 10I went out with [friend of the opposite sex] last night. We had a great time.
- 11I'm not sure, let me check my schedule, and I'll text you back.
- 12Did you see the eclipse? I was at the observatory with [friiend of the opposite sex], and I had a great view of it.
- 13Have you ever snogged someone under the moonlight? It's amazing.
- 14Hey, I have to go. A friend of my just texted me. Later, okay?
- 15Yeah, but I can't chat long, okay? I'm getting ready to go out to dinner with a friend.
- 16Oh yeah, I am doing fine. I had the best time at the beach today. You should see my tan.
- 17Maybe later. Right now I have some things to do.
- 18I have to run. We'll chat tomorrow, okay?
- 19Oh, my ride is here. Later, okay?
- 20The party was wild! We all passed out around dawn.
There is no user reviews.