Make Soursop Sauce
Edited by Mian Sheilette Ong, Eng, Lynn, Nuance
The green or brownish-skinned prickly fruit known as the soursop, guanavana, or soursop, is both sweet and sour. With this flavor interplay, soursops are ideal for sweet and savory dishes. All you have to do is not confine the fruit's flavors inside a box. You should learn how to experiment with the soursop's creaminess, sweetness, and sourness. To do this, you can veer away from making soursop smoothies, candy, and ice cream for a while. Instead, you can focus on making savory dishes, such as soursop sauce. Once you discover how to make soursop sauce, you can bring a new face to meat and vegetable dishes from now on. Your family and friends will definitely love the new twist in flavour when you finish the following recipes for soursop sauce. Remember, these are only guidelines. You can be as creative as you want with them.
- Preparation Time: 50-55 minutes
- Serves six to eight people, depending on the dish you make.
How to Make Soursop Marinade Sauce
Soursop marinade sauce is a versatile sauce that you can use on a variety of meats and vegetables. The tangy sweetness makes it a unique way of tenderizing and flavoring. Here is a recipe for a marinade sauce made from soursops that you can make easily:
- 300 grams of de-seeded soursop
- 200 grams of watermelon (chopped finely)
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ cup of water
How to Make It
- 1Blend all the ingredients together.Advertisement
- 2Marinate in the fridge.Marinate your choice of meat or vegetables overnight in the soursop marinade sauce.Advertisement
- 3Store the excess sauce in an airtight food container.
- 4Refrigerate the marinade sauce and the marinated meat or vegetables.
How to Make Thick Honey Soursop Sauce
Soursop sauce can also be served cold, especially if you have hot dishes to accompany it with. Here is one you could make:
- 400 milliliters (13.53 ounces) of water
- A packet of white jelly
- 200 grams (7.05 ounces) of de-seeded soursop
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 100 grams (3.52 ounces) of white granulated sugar
- 50 milliliters (1.69 ounces ) of honey
- 100 milliliters (3.38 ounces) of sugar solution
How to Make It
- 1Blend the water, jelly, de-seeded soursop, vanilla, and sugar.Advertisement
- 2Heat the blended mixture until it boils.Get a saucepan.
- 3Let it cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate it.Remove the pan from heat.
- 4Make honey sauce by adding honey to the sugar solution.
- 5Remove the soursop gelatin from the fridge and cut it into small pieces.
- 6Pour the honey sauce over the gelatin and serve.
How to Make Guyabano Blanc Sauce
Mixing a soursop sauce with white wine will definitely amp up the flavors of your dishes.
- 2 large red onions (minced)
- 4 ounces (118.29 milliliters) of white wine
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 4 ounces (118.294 milliliters) of guyabano
- 8 ounces (236.59 milliliters) of cubed cold butter
- White pepper and salt to taste
How to Make It
- 1Get a medium saucepan and combine the lime zest, soursop, onions, and white wine.
- Soursop sauces can be served with seafood such as shrimp, lobster, salmon, sole, trout, or tilapia.
- You can also use it as a base sauce for pasta and rice dishes.
- This type of sauce can also be used as dip for toasted tortilla chips or breadsticks.
- It would be best to serve dishes with soursop sauce with sparkling drinks and white wine.
Once you perfect your soursop sauce, you could make simple meals into impressive restaurant style dishes.