Make Personalized Bookmarks for Christmas Giveaways
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Monika, Rebecca M., Eng
A Bookmark is a thin marker which is inserted between book or note pages to easily find the page. It is also used to easily navigate and return to the page where you wish to open the book or notes. They may also used to easily identify the page number. It is useful in school in order to mark the page of the book where the professor has ended the lesson.
Personalized bookmarks are more valuable in nature than those which are purchased. They have more sentimental value to the recipient because you took the time to make them. There are many ways to make a personalized bookmark for different occasions. Some bookmarks are for weddings, birthdays and holidays. Some of them are made up of plastics, leatherette or fabric while most of them are made of paper or card. Bookmarks may come in different forms. Some are triangle while some are oblong or other shapes, but the most common are rectangular.
Things Needed In Making Christmas Bookmark Giveaways
- 1You need paper and card board. The paper may be colored, glossy, or coupon bond. You may use the coupon bond if you are going to color it afterwards. The cardboard will be used as a supporter for the paper because it is thin and easily destroyed. You may attach the colored paper and other decorations onto the card board to make your bookmark durable.Advertisement
- 2Scissors. The scissors will be used to cut and shape the materials that you will be using. They will be used in cutting the thread, the papers and even the card board.Advertisement
- 3Coloring materials. Coloring materials needed could be crayons, colored pencils, color pens, or pastels. They will be used to color the bookmarks if they are not printed with designs. This is also to augment the beauty of your bookmarks and to make them more presentable.
- 4Ribbon lace. This will be used as a decoration and to personalize the bookmark.
- 5Puncher. Puncher will be used to put a hole in the personalized bookmark. This is often done so that a string may be attached that will hang out of the book and be seen easily.
- 6Glue, paste or any pasting materials. This will be used in putting together the colored papers or coupon bond with the card board.
- 7Big scotch tape. Big scotch tape maybe used as a cover for bookmarks which is made up of card or paper.
Steps In Making Bookmarks Made Of Card or Colored Papers
- 1Cut the coupon bond or colored papers into 1 inch by 5 inches in length. You also need to cut the card board in the same length as the coupon bond and colored papers. The card board and the coupon bond or colored papers should be the same in length since the colored papers will be attached to the front and back portion of the card board.Advertisement
- 2Get the paste or glue then start placing the colored paper in front of the card board then on the back part. This is to give color to your bookmark.
- 3After placing the colored papers on both side of the card board, punch it in the upper part of the card board to make a whole. This is the part where you will attach the ribbon to serve as a lace.
- 4Use the coloring materials to make design and drawing to your Christmas bookmarks. You need to make it more colorful since it is a Christmas giveaways.
- 5Cover the bookmarks using scotch tape. When doing this, you should cover both the back, and the front of the bookmark. Start covering the book mark from the upper part and work downwards. Repeat the steps until you have fully covered the bookmarks.
- 6Place the ribbon in the hole to serve as a lace for your Christmas bookmarks. You can now give the bookmarks to your friends, visitors and relatives.
Steps In Making Bookmarks Using Coupon bond
- 1You need to print first texts or quotations in the coupon bond regarding Christmas. Quotation advisable to place is neither too long nor very short. You need to have quotation which is enough to be placed in 1 inch by 5 inches length.
- 1Paper should be colored since it is for Christmas. Coupon bonds may be used only for formal bookmarks since you can print on them.
- 2When using the scissor, be sure that you are gentle since you might hurt yourself. You might accidentally cut your hand. For minors or children, ask for your parents' assistance when you are cutting to avoid accident.
- 3While pasting the colored papers as well as the coupon bond with printed quotations, you need to place it properly to avoid them from overlapping of the card board. You also need to place minimal amount of paste or glue to dry them easily and avoid the paper from wetting.
Questions and Answers
I want a religious bookmark that I can write a message on using the computer?
I would like to use the computer to work on a religious bookmark to present at Church on Sunday. Well all these already have pictures, but they aren't religious
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.