Make Peace With Others
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Innocent Yogo, Eng and 1 other
The Bible tells us we all sin, and make mistakes. (Romans 3:23) We all have personal disagreements at times. Our Creator is a God of Peace. (Hebrews 13:20)(Psalms 83;18) He wants his earthly children to be happy and get along.
Steps to make peace
- 1Forgive Freely. We are to try to put up with one another and be forgiving. Our Father dismisses our faults daily. (Colossians 3:13) Maybe you have a good reason for not talking to someone that caused you trouble. Do you feel he should apologize first? Is the person aware of what he did, or maybe he feels you are in the wrong. The problem will be that you both can't reach an agreement. We want to do our best to forgive if the problem is minor. Our Creator is merciful, and is slow to anger and we want to imitate that too. (Psalms 103:8) We are also told in God's Word that it is a beautiful thing on our part to pass over the mistakes of others. (Proverbs 19:11) Having insight into a situation is a good thing. Why did the person speak or act the way they did? Could they have been tired or not feeling well? Sometimes we need to make allowance for their faults.Advertisement
- 2Talk It Out Matthew 18:15 tells us to go to the other person and make known what is bothering you. You may not want to approach this person because you feel angry or embarrassed. You may have the urge to talk to others about what happened too, and get their input on things.Advertisement
- 3Be Long Suffering Return evil to no one, the bible says. (Romans 12:17, 20) If you attempt to make peace and they deny you at first, you may want to give up, but be patient. Some people need more time to cool down from a situation. We all have different temperaments. Keep trying to show love and kindness. (Romans 12:21)
When you feel the problem is serious and you do not want to ignore it
Go to the person and talk it over. Handle the matter this way:
- 1Promptly Don't hold off from telling them. It will only make matters worse. Follow the counsel in Matthew 5:23-24.
- 2Privately Try not to gossip with others about what happened. (Proverbs 25:9)
- 3Peacefully Don't always think about who is right and who is wrong. Your goal here is to want to make peace, not to win an argument.(Romans 14:19)
To make peace with others is not an easy thing. But when we do, it makes things so much easier, and we have good relations with others! Making peace with a friend is hard but in fact can be easier than forgiving others for this person has a special bond with you in a relationship. Friends are hard to come by in this world so you shouldn't allow negative energy to split up a good friendship between you and another person. Making peace is very important as it pertains to a friend and you should work your hardest in order to mend a broken friendship for nothing is more important that keeping your friend in your life. Below are ways that can help you to make peace between you and your friend.
Take a Break from the person
If you are really angry with your friend then the best thing to do is to create space between you and your friend in order to gather the thoughts on the specific situation that has occurred between the two of you at this time. There are certain reasons to get space between you and your friend for it can lead to a calm agreement between both of you in regards to your situation.
- 1Creating space will allow you to calm down after you have had a fight between you and your friend.Advertisement
- 2Stepping away will not only allow you to cool off about the situation but you can also allow your friend to cool off about the situation.
- 3Get space from your friend so that the two of you can in fact get things together in order to gather your ideas on how you can relieve the situation. While the two of you are in front of each other you cannot in fact come up with a positive resolution in order to relieve the situation between the both of you in the situation.
- 4While you have taken space away from your friend it is totally OK to contact them to take over the phone or via any other source of communication. This can be helpful for you and your friend will have cooled off by this time. At this time you can also pick a time to reunite if the two of you are ready to talk about the situation at hand in order to help aid the situation between the two of you at this time.
- 5Do not meet with your friend if you still feel as if their is tension between the two of you when you talk to them while away for this tension can in fact bring up yet another argument when the both of you meet face to face.
- 6Do your best to get out all of your anger and views while talking to them on the phone in order to help relieve some tension between the two of you before you reunite in order to end all the tension between the both of you in the situation.
Reuniting With Your Friend
There will come a time after the break where the both of you will feel comfortable enough to reunite the relationship between the both of you at this time. When you reach this point the both of you should be calm enough to talk to each other without arguing upon meeting up again in this situation. Do not make this step unless you are completely sure that you and your friend are ready to make this step towards being friends once again in the future. Below are ways that you can in fact help to relieve the situation when the both of you are reunited.
- 1Be understanding when talking to your son in order to not spark up another issue between them when you both of you reunite to hopefully smooth things over between the both of you in the situation. While being understanding you will choose your words carefully in order to help aid the situation rather than hurt the situation.
There is no user reviews.