Make Natural Nasal Inhaler Using Eucalyptus
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Eng, Lynn
Eucalyptus has different scents, and they are all minty. It is an antiseptic stimulant. It can also kill the influenza virus. Eucalyptus produces oil which can be used in treating the body. It is often used as a body pain reliever, and thus it cures body aches. It has a good scent which is medicinal and is helpful in curing nasal problems. The oil is used mostly in stopping colds, and also in treating coughs. It is also used to reduce fevers and headaches.
- 1Gather things needed.Advertisement
- Eucalyptus leaves. The number of leaves depends on how much eucalyptus inhaler you will make. Try using clean leaves, and those which are not eaten or bitten by insects. Using leaves bitten by insects may cause problems.
- Steaming pot.
- Olive oil.
- Water. Use in cleaning the leaves. It is also an ingredient in making eucalyptus inhaler. The water to be used shall be clean. The water's vapor is what you will be inhaling.
- 2Wash the eucalyptus leaves. This will remove the dirt so they will be clean. Wash especially the back of each leaf. This is important since the front portion of the leaves are the only part washed during rainy days.Advertisement
- 3After cleaning the leaves, heat the steaming pot and put in the water. How much water varies, due to how many leaves will be soaked in it. If you put in an excessive number of leaves, then they will not be soaked all over. It is advisable that the amount of leaves is proportionate to the amount of water.
- 4Add in the olive oil. This oil is also helpful to the human body, which has benefits to the health.
- 5Soak the eucalyptus leaves. You need to soak them to extract from it the mints that it contains. These mints are the ones which can be helpful to treat your respiratory problems.
- 6Wait 5-10 minutes until the water is boiling. This is to extract a large amount of eucalyptus mint from them.
- 7When the water is boiling, wait until vapor is coming from it. The vapor is what you will inhale to treat your colds or respiratory problems.
- 8When vapor is coming from the steaming pot, turn off the stove. Bring the boiling eucalyptus and place it on the table
- 9Now, get the towel and put it on your head. While leaning over the pot, place the towel so that it covers your head and the steaming pot. This is to avoid the steam going in different directions.
- 11After using it, you can place the eucalyptus inhaler inside a jar. Always keep the jar covered, so that insects do not get in it. You can use the inhaler three times after making it. You can also leave the eucalyptus inhaler in the steaming pot, but you should secure it to avoid accidents.
Tips and Warnings
- Use it regularly, three times a day, to help treat the cold symptoms.
- Before transferring the eucalyptus to the jar, be sure it is already cold to avoid accident.
- Do not let your child drink the eucalyptus. It is toxic. It may cause danger.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Eucalyptus Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Eng, Emmanuel M. Lardizabal