Make Incredible Thanksgiving Party Favors
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, estrella sacragon, Lynn, Doug Collins
Thanksgiving Day is a holiday that has long been celebrated as an annual tradition in the United States. Together with Christmas and New Year, it is one of the festivities that form part of the holiday season. Most people celebrate the day by throwing parties as a way of being grateful for all the blessings from God, and for sharing what they have to others.
A Thanksgiving party is not complete without giving out party favors. At times, it is challenging to think of ideal giveaways that can be both useful and not expensive to the pocket. If you're tired of distributing the same boring toys and candies every year, you can personalize the gifts by creating your own Thanksgiving party favors. Bring out your creative juices plus a few common materials from home and the dollar store to transform a plain looking item into an amazing token of thanks, which will surely delight your guests long after the party has ended.
- 1 Party Favors for Outdoor Thanksgiving Day Parties
- 2 Personalized Pair of Flip Flops.
- 3 Loot Sand Bucket
- 4 Squirrel Nut Holder
- 5 Jam-Filled Mason Jars
- 6 Recipe Book
- 7 Comments
Party Favors for Outdoor Thanksgiving Day Parties
Personalized Pair of Flip Flops.
This gift idea is ideal for pool, beach or summer-themed party where guests are expected to bare their feet and feel the natural setting of the party venue.
- Flip Flops
- Paint pens
- Nylon thread
- Plastic beads, flowers, and other trinkets
- Plastic wrapper or transparent bag
Here's how to turn ordinary-looking footwear into a gorgeous pair of thongs.
- 1Choose pairs of flip flops in all colors and designs from your favorite discount store. Size selection can be a little tricky since it will depend on the type of guests coming to the party.Advertisement
- 2Attach colorful embellishments along the straps.Advertisement
- 3Secure the pieces of trinkets using glue or nylon thread.
- 4Write down the name of each guest on the side of the flip flops with the use of a permanent marker.
- 5Wrap each pair in plastic wrap or place in a transparent bag. Attach a small card on which written the name of guests so they can easily claim their gift.
- The variety of design is endless especially if you have plenty of assorted ornaments like beads, flowers, or cheap jewelleries to fascinate both your young and adult guests.
- Consider the guests' age and preference when choosing embellishments and designing party favors.
- You can line up an activity where guests can create a design for their own pair of flip flops.
- Avoid using tiny trinkets if the party kids are still in the habit of putting objects into their mouths.
Loot Sand Bucket
With this party favor, your little guests will bring home all their stash of prizes, hunted treasures, and other goodies in cute personalized buckets that they will find useful at home or in school.
- Plastic sand buckets, assorted colors
- Glitter glue
- Non-toxic plastic paint
- Solo picture of guest
- 1Decorate the plastic sand buckets using the assortment of accents available. For example, you can glue different cutouts salvaged from old wrappers, magazines, and children's books.Advertisement
- 2Attach a picture of your guest beaming with a big smile. You can set up a mini photo booth at the entrance of the party venue for picture taking so you can have the printed image for the bucket.
- 3Another design idea is to stick with cartoon characters, anime figures, or celebrity photos to touch on your guest's special interests.
Squirrel Nut Holder
- Toilet paper rolls
- Water-based paint
- Pictures of squirrels
- Dried leaves
- Construction paper
- 1Gather some leaves of different varieties and sizes.
- 1Make it a point to identify which of your Thanksgiving guests are allergic to nuts.
- 2Don't Let the Adults Go Home Empty-Handed
Jam-Filled Mason Jars
Ingredients and materials needed:
- Fruit in season
- Mason jars
How to make the jam:
- 2Cut in half then remove the core, seeds, and the skin.
- 4Add 4 cups of sugar for every cup of smashed fruit. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- 5Add a box of pectin for every 4 cups of sugar used. Add in one inch of water.
- 6Boil for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring using a wooden spoon.
- 8Remove from the pot, let cool for some minutes before putting in the refrigerator or pantry.
- 9Tie a piece of ribbon or lace around the jar.
Tips and Warning:
- Be careful when cooking jam. Boiling sugar is extremely hot.
- The pectin will not properly set if the jam is under-boiled. Instead of having a strawberry jam, you'll get a strawberry sauce.
- You can make another batch without adding sugar, in consideration of your guests with sugar-related health concerns.
- Special paper
Steps in creating recipe book party favor:
- 1Gather all favorite Thanksgiving-themed recipes from your own collection, family and friends.
- 2Encode the recipes in a word processing program using special fonts and designs on each individual page.
- 3Print a set. Photocopy several copies on special paper.
- 5Decorate the cover using the art supplies at home.
- 6Bind the pages with a colored string, ring, fabric strip or a thick ribbon. Secure the end with a knot or attach a fancy trinket.
- Choose embellishments that match the Thanksgiving theme.