Make Homemade Strawberry Jam
Edited by Maureen D., Eng, Lynn, millie and 1 other
Making homemade strawberry jam is fun, as there is something really special to it. This jam could be purer and more natural, and hence provides more intense taste. It is best to make strawberry jam when the fruit is in season, they are fresher and cost a lot less too. In this recipe, you can either use fresh ones or frozen, but it is advisable to use fresh strawberries for a more delicious jam.
- 110 cups of whole strawberries for every batchAdvertisement
- 2Pectin, a natural product which can be store boughtAdvertisement
- 34 cups of dry and granulated sugar
- 1Jar funnel or you can omit this if you want a chunky jamAdvertisement
- 21 large sauce pot
- 3Big ladles and spoons
- 4Clean, transparent jars
Steps on How to Make Strawberry Jam
- 1Wash the jars and lids and sterilize them after, by boiling them for about five minutes in a saucepan with boiling water.
Questions and Answers
Do I have to pressure cook the jars?
Do you use pressure cooker or just boil in regular pot. I have tried: Nothing. I think it was caused by: Would like to try
You do not need a pressure cooker when canning. As long as you have a pot large enough to submerge the jars up to their lids, you are fine. Boil for 10 minutes or until the seals no longer pop if you push the center. You also should have a pair of tongs to remove the hot jars from the pot or turn off the pot and wait for the water to cool down along with the jars. Many people store their jars upside down for a few hours after they come out of the water.