Make Homemade Liquid Fabric Softener
Edited by Witz Taluban, Robbi, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 2 others
Fabric conditioner works wonders on your clothes. After applying, it leaves your clothes smelling fresh and clean. While it makes sense to purchase commercial fabric softeners, they are not cheap, and commercial fabric softeners contain materials that can wreck havoc on our beloved environment, and even more, most of them are not as eco-friendly as they are often portrayed in commercials. They may also cause allergic reactions and damage the skin. If you don't want any complications, you could opt for making your very own homemade liquid fabric softener.
Making Fabric Softener at Home
Basically a homemade fabric softener is comprised of two main ingredients, baking soda and vinegar, but you can also add a twist by mixing in some essential oils to imitate the fresh scent of the commercial ones. Now let's begin the journey and I will guide you through!
What You'll Need
- 6 cups of water (boiled)
- three cups of vinegar
- five drops of your favourite essential oil
- vanilla, etc.
- 2 cups of inexpensive cream hair conditioner
- 1 large bowl
- container/s to store the fabric softener (sealable)
What You'll Do
- 1Boil the water.Advertisement
- 2Pour the water into the large bowl.Advertisement
- 3Add the vinegar.
- 4Add the 5 drops of essential oil.
- 5Add the conditioner.
- 6Stir the ingredients thoroughly until you notice that no conditioner lumps appear in the solution.
- 7Let the solution cool down.
Advantages of Using Fabric Softener
- 1It helps make your clothes easier to manage. Since fabric softener makes your clothes soft and smooth. They will fall on your body in a flattering way, rather than being wrinkled and sticking to your body.Advertisement
- 2It will soften the fabric.
- 3It helps to remove static electricity. Static on clothes is one of the most common problems, especially during the winter months. Fabric softener will help reduce this in your clothes. Therefore, you will be able to avoid those embarrassing moments that your clothes look crumpled and keep clinging to you in all the wrong places.
- 4It makes ironing so much easier. When clothes are washed with fabric softener, it makes ironing much easier. Stubborn creases and crumples are much easier to remove. You'll also notice you don't need as high temperatures on the iron to be effective.
- 5It gives your clothes that fresh scent. What's nice with most fabric softeners is leave a lovely scent on your clothes. It gives you the feeling that your clothes are really clean.
- 6It makes your clothes more vibrant. Because the texture is improved and the way it fits on your body, your clothes will look more vibrant. Fabric conditioner can help remove that dull look on clothes, especially those clothes affected by strong detergents. It keeps the threads and the linings neat. It also protects the color of your clothes.
- 7It makes your clothes repel dirt. When you treat your clothes with fabric softener, you will notice that dirt does not seep through your clothes fast. If it does, it will be easier to remove and it won't become embedded in the fabric. This is because fabric softeners affect the quality of the fabric and won't degrade the threads that make up the fabric.
- There will be far less chances of allergic reactions using homemade fabric softener.
- If you want to make dryer sheets.
- Fill a spray bottle with the your homemade solution.
- Spray a good amount on a piece of cloth (facecloth, fabric square - etc.)
- Rub it quickly over the clothes in the dryer, and then leave it in the dryer and choose your cycle.
- Never use bleach concurrently while using this solution. This would produce volatile vapors which can harm you.
- Pour the vinegar in a slow and deliberate manner, as this would make fizzling appear less.
Categories : Home
Recent edits by: Nuance, Christine dela Cruz, Lynn