Make Holiday Eggnog-Chai Tea Cookies
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Maria Quinney, Eng and 2 others
Make these delicious Chai Tea Eggnog cookies for your friends and family, and they will have a very special holiday treat! These Chai tea eggnog cookies will melt in the mouth. They are not your typical sugar cookies, so thanks for this recipe, you will have zesty Chai tea in these tasty treats, with a sweet icing of cinnamon sugar, nutmeg. Eggnog butter cream, spices up these cookies to give all a memorable holiday cookie.
You will need to make a lot of them to keep everyone who tastes them in the holiday spirit! Fortunately, you can whip these up within an hour, and the yield is 24 cookies. You may have to just double up on this delicious recipe!
You can prepare the eggnog Chai tea cookies in 10 minutes, and they take only 45 minutes to bake.
Ingredients for 24 Eggnog Chai Tea Cookies
- One bag (17.5-ounce) of sugar cookie mix. Betty Crocker is recommended.
- 3/4 cup of melted butter
- One bag of Chai tea
- One large egg
- Two ounces of eggnog (from the carton)
- Cinnamon and sugar mixture - Use enough to cover all 24 cookies
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of fine-ground nutmeg
=How to Make Eggnog Chai Tea Cookies
- 1Set the waxed parchment paper on cookie sheets for 24 cookies.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.Advertisement
- 2Take the tea leaves out of the tea bag.Advertisement
- 3Mix the tea leaves with cookie mix, butter, large egg, and one ounce (two tablespoons) of eggnog until the mixture is a smooth consistency for your cookie dough.
- 4Have the cookie patties about two inches apart.With the parchment paper lining the cookie sheet, set a heaping tablespoonful of cookie dough for each cookie.
- 5Then press a cookie patty with the glass bottom coated with the cinnamon-sugar mix. You want the cookie dough patty to be somewhat flat. Repeat this procedure with all 24 tasty cookies.Use the bottom of a drinking glass to pick up the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- 6After baking them, allow the cookies to cool a about one minute before taking them off the cookie sheets. Allow the cookies to cool until they are at room temperature before adding the glaze you are about to make.Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- 7Pour the remaining one ounce (two tablespoons) of eggnog, powdered sugar, and fresh ground nutmeg into a bowl and whisk until it is thoroughly blended.
- 8Ensure that the cookies are cool before the next step.
- 9Once the mixture is at a smooth consistency, use a tablespoon and smooth this mix as a glaze on top of each cookie.
- 10Allow the glaze to set a minute, and then you are ready to serve your hungry crew a delicious holiday treat.
Of course, as the chef, you get to taste the first few to ensure they are just right! Be ready to make a second batch soon, as these are guaranteed to not last long in your cookie jar.
Expect compliments on your unique Chai tea eggnog cookies along with the "happy holidays" wish.
Categories : Desserts
Recent edits by: Alma, Eng, Maria Quinney