Make Good Friends
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Ephraim and 1 other
Do you have good friends? Do they make you happy? Or do they take advantage of you, speak ill of you? Such an experience can shatter your trust. Always remember when it comes to friends, quality is more important than quantity.Choose friends that have good qualities to imitate. The more desperate you are for friends, the more likely you will be to settle for the wrong kind. Cut off ties with those that insist that you change to conform their lifestyle. If you take this step, you may have fewer friends, but you'll feel better about yourself, and you'll open the door to better friendships-the kind that will influence you in a positive way. Ask yourself, "Are my friends, kind, loving, honest and trustworthy? These are positive things to look for in a friend. Here is something you can do: In order to make friends it takes action on your part in order to achieve the goal of making friends. There is no way to make friends by sitting down and waiting for a friend to come to your door step. Sometimes people are just too shy to get out and make friends but you will need to come out of your shell a bit in order to help yourself to make friends. Below are a number of steps that you can take in order to build up confidence in order to go out and make friends effectively in your life.
Ways to help you to mingle and meet other people
In order to meet new friends it will take some action for you to be around other people in order to make a connection to friendship. This action may not happen overnight for in order to make a good connection you will need to be around people who you can connect with on the level of who you are as a person. The last thing you want to do is force a connection with someone who will in fact not be a good friend so that your time and follow the steps below in order meet a good friend.
- 1You do not need to necessarily walk up to them and declare friendship but instead just hang around them and spark up small talk in order to gain a connection to them in different places.Go out in the world and meet up with new people in places where you hang out or at school.Advertisement
- 2Do not push the issue when meeting someone by having to act out of your nature but instead be true to yourself in order to get a friend that you can honestly connect with while you are out an about.Advertisement
- 3Small talk can lead to other talk when with a person which can then lead to the both of you connecting on a friendship level.
- 4If you only go out a few times then that means that a person may not recognize you easily so it will harm the chances in connecting with someone.Spend more time out in order to allow people to see you often and spark interest in becoming friends with you.
- 5Stay positive while you go out in order to meet people so that you will emulate a person of positiveness which will draw people in to want to get to know you and then lead to them being friends with them
An organization is basically like a club where you will meet other people and then in turn develop a work relationship for a common goal. While working close with another person you will then be likely to develop more of a work relationship but also a friendship. By joining an organization you will in fact be connecting with people on a timely basis and on a consistent basis unlike having to go out constantly in order to spend time with people possibly. Here are some positives about joining an organization or a club.
- 1If someone does not have much in common with you it is highly unlikely that you will connect with them in other places in the world for you two may never have met up outside of the organization.You will connect with people who may not have much in common with you but can be a good connection.Advertisement
- 2Join organizations that interest you so that you can surround yourself with a similar passion and interest which can increase the chances of meeting someone who can be friend with a similar passion or interest.
- 3This gives you a better chance of hand selecting the type of friend that you are wishing to come into contact with at the time.Joining organizations is a way that you can pick exactly which interest you are looking to find a friend.
Sports can help bring friends
Sports can be a good way of connecting with others in not only a team building way but also on an emotional level on conquering the ultimate goal. Sport teams often gel together instantly and with a bond that is unbreakable which in turn can bring about a beautiful friendship. Regardless of whether or not your team is a winning team of if you have great skills it will still be a great bonding experience between you and your teammates. Here are a number of ways that being on a team can help to mold a tight friendship.
- 1Being together day in and day out can help to bring a bond between people by being around each other a lot during the season.
Go For a Cause
A cause is something that can bring people together to create an ultimate change in the world as we know it. By combining with others with the goal of changing the world you will share your passion with other who feel the same way about the goal/cause. Regardless of the cause understand that you will in fact come into contact with others who share a similar passion which can help to create a bond between you and another person.
- 1The cause does not matter if you do not have a passion for the cause in general.
- 2Do not join a cause that you are not passionate about because others will be able to pick up on your lack of passion thus deeming you someone who is unliked in the cause due to your lack of passion.
- 3Make your goal to join the cause then the second goal to potentially meet a friend for even if you have not made a friend you will still enjoy the cause that you are supporting.
Depending on the situation you can simply make eye contact or physically contact in order to spark up a conversation or to help be noticed by someone. This does need to be too forced but a simple eye contact can help for a person to notice you in order to gain an interest into who you are as a person. While making eye contact you can simply smile in order to show someone that you are a friendly person and are a person that can be approached. Below are some things that you will need to avoid when creating a way to create contact between you and another person.
- 1Do not fold your arms for this will in fact let people know that you are a person whom they should not try to talk to or interact with at the time.
- 2Smile in order to help people to see that you are a positive person whom they will enjoy meeting and talking to
- 3Stay out in the open rather than hiding in the shadows for this will give people the impression that you are not interested in being approached by anyone
- 4Be as polite as you can for capturing them as a friend can also lead to others following in order to be your friend.Do not give attitude when a person interrupts something that you are doing in order to simply say Hi, to introduce themselves to you in a conversation.
Take The Initiative
Sometimes it is necessary for you to set up something in order to spend time with a group of people. If you have something planned or arranged in your life in terms of a get together than simply invite them in order to spend time with them in your environment. Another way that you can take the initiative is by inviting them out to a place in order to get to know them better as a person.
- List the names of your closest friends on paper.
- Next to each name, list the trait that best describes the person.
- If only bad traits come to mind, it might be time to look for better friends!
- In order to find good friends, you need to be a good friend.
- Don't judge someone on appearance, you might be passing up a good friend!