Make Fresh Orange Juice
Edited by Grimm, Margiebell, Eng, Jen M and 2 others
You are watching VisiHow. Today we are going to teach you how to make your own fresh orange juice from an orange.
- 4Take them and put them face up on your cutting board. This will help keep any orange juice from running out on the counter, or making a mess for you to clean up. Now take your juicer. It should have a top piece, where the orange will sit as you push it and twist it around, forcing the juice out. And forcing the pulp out into the upper basket area.
- 7Always check to make sure it firmly sealed, and inspect the bottom to be sure that there are no cracks or other things. Sometimes when you are washing it, you may end up inadvertently dropping it. Next, move your oranges out of the way. And then, take one, placing it on the top of the juicer, and you should be able to see juice filling up as I start this process.
- 11We will continue this process until we've got all the juice out of the orange. You'll know that you've gotten all the juice out of the orange because you'll no longer feel the actual bits and pieces of the orange under your fingers as you are twisting it around. Likewise, you'll start to see more and more of the orange pulp coming out of the top. I'll show you in just a moment what I'm talking about with that.
- 15There are a number of reasons for this. However, the most important reason is that an orange is what most people in the health industry call a complete food. What that means is you don't need anything else with it. However, too many people make orange juice and get rid of the pulp. That defeats the purpose. It just gives you a sugary liquid that doesn't actually satisfy the needs of the body adequately. By making fresh orange juice, you are completing the process if you are eating the pulp as well. However, if you insist on not eating the pulp, you'll find that the juice in the glass, as we'll show you in a bit, is easy and simply to dump out without getting any pulp. Now once more, I'm twisting the top of the orange down.
- 19This is because I actually enjoy eating the pulp. I find it to be a healthy and pleasant snack. However, you may not like the pulp, in which case you can simply take the top off and rinse it in the sink, or throw the pulp in the trash. Now I'm going to take my orange, and put it back on the juicer, and continue the process of making the juice.
- 20I'm getting all the pulp out. This is a very quick process, and most mornings, I tend to make fresh juice for myself and my children. Despite it being a quick and simple process, neither my children or my wife tend to make the extra step to make the juice. They leave the task for me. Which is fine. So once more, I'm scooping out the pulp.
- 21The reason I'm scooping out the pulp before dumping out the juice is because I don't want to make a mess. If I were to try and dump the juice first, I could potentially end up dumping juice pulp all over my counter. Now, if you'll focus on the glass. I'm going to pour this lovely orange juice into the glass.
- 23This is how you make your own fresh squeezed juice. And you can do this everyday with just one orange. If you're interested in making juice for more than one person, you can add water to it. If you like, you can also add sugar to water like that and make a juice drink. However, my preference and recommendation is that you have fresh juice. Thank-you for choosing VisiHow, and have a great day.
Video: Make Fresh Orange Juice
Questions and Answers
How do I make fresh orange juice using a blender?
I have a small blender but the juice I make in it has a lot of pulp in It.. I have tried: I have tried making orange juice using a hand squeezer.
Juicing and blending are two different processes. Both bring you freshly squeezed juice, but the former separates pulp from the liquid, whereas blending pulverizes the entire fruit.
Despite that, you can use filtration bags such as a Vitamax filtration bag, a nut-milk bag, or even a fine sieve that you can place over a bowl and fill with the juice with pulp to percolate pure juice into the bowl. You can use a small spatula for the sieve, or you can squeeze the bag with your bare hands to get juice without pulp out.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Green Living
Recent edits by: Donna, Jen M, Eng