Make Easy Home-Made Tiramisu
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Lynn, Eng
Christmas is on its way and delicious desserts are appealing to our senses. Making Tiramisu, a coffee-flavored layered dessert, with a simple recipe, can be a good bonding activity for a parent and child while enjoying the Yuletide season. No sharp knives are needed, so it's safe for the kids when helping to prepare this delicious dessert.
- 11 to 2 packs of graham crackers or lady fingers
- 24 250 gram boxes of all-purpose cream
- 31 1/2 cups condensed milk (or more depending on the sweetness you like)
- 42 sticks (sachets) of black coffee powder (about 2 tablespoons)
- 53 to 4 sachets of instant coffee (6 to 8 tablespoons)
- 6Warm water
- 7Cocoa powder or chocolate powder drink (any brands that you prefer)
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dessert. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 1In a large bowl, mix together all-purpose cream, condensed milk and black coffee powder.
- 3In a bowl, dissolve 1 sachet or 2 tablespoons of instant coffee in a cup of warm water.
- 4Soak each graham cracker or lady finger in the coffee mixture and place it in a container.
- 5Repeat the necessary steps from above if you run out of the coffee drink-mixture.
- 1Place the first layer of soaked graham crackers or lady fingers in the bottom of the container of your choice.
- For adult consumers only. If you want to give an extra kick to this dessert, you may brush the soaked crackers with a brandy of your choice before filling it in with the coffee-cream mixture.
- You may also add coffee liqueur to the coffee drink mixture for soaking.