Make Different Ref Cakes
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Monika, Eng and 2 others
Cake is one of the ultimate desserts. We eat cakes on ordinary days and more so when there is a special occasion. We never fail to have a cake on our buffet table during any special occasion.
While baking a typical cake requires baking skills and may take up some of your time, new generation type of cakes can be a lot quicker and easier to make. Refrigerator cakes are cakes that don't require baking. After putting all its ingredients together, you just have to place it in the fridge and let it chill before serving it. It is very easy to make but it doesn't mean that you have to sacrifice its quality. You can make ref cakes quickly but still be able to get your taste buds satisfied. You can even make better ref cakes that taste better than the conventional ones! This is great for people who are in a rush to make desserts, but still want to please their guests. If you are getting excited, read on and pick the ref cake you want the most.
Why love ref cakes?
- 1Easy Breezy.Advertisement
- 2Ultimate Time Saver.Advertisement
- 3Money Saver.
Tiramisu Ref Cakes
Tiramisu is perhaps the most popular ref cake today. It originated in Italy and its name literally means "pick me up". Authentic tiramisu is made with espresso and lady fingers. This will make a great dessert to make if you want to show off your Italian dessert making skills to your friends. Over time, the recipe has evolved and different versions have come out. Mascarpone cheese has typically been used for its filling, but many different alternatives are available for it. Different fruits such as peaches, mango, strawberry, blueberry or a combination of fruits are used for its filling. Here are some tiramisu ref cake recipes that you can try, depending on your cravings. Enjoy!
- 1Classic Tiramisu Ref CakeAdvertisement
- What you need
- ½ cup of espresso coffee
- 4 tbsp. of dry Marsala wine
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces of mascarpone cheese
- A small block of bittersweet chocolate (optional)
- ¾ cup of all-purpose cream
- 20 Italian lady fingers
- In a bowl, combine the coffee, 2 tablespoons of dry marsala wine, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Stir them until the sugar is completely melted.
- In a small saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of water and let it simmer on low heat. Separate 3 egg yolks from the egg whites. You will only use the yolks. Once separated, place them in a heat proof bowl. Add the remaining marsala wine and sugar. Place the bowl on top of the pan, under the simmering water.
- When the sugar us melted, beat the yolk, sugar and wine until it becomes light and fluffy. The color will also lighten. Do this while the bowl is still on top of the simmering water. This process may take up to 5-8 minutes. It is best to use an electric or hand mixer for this step.
- Remove the bowl from the top of the pan and add the mascarpone cheese. Beat the mixture again until the ingredients are combined.
- In another bowl, whip the all-purpose cream until it becomes thick. Once finished, mix half of the whipped cream into the first mixture and fold it gently so it stays light and airy. Add the remaining cream and fold it into the mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Dip half of the lady fingers very quickly in the espresso and assemble them in a 9 inch square dish. If you need to break some of them to fit in the dish, then do so. Pour half of the filing on top of the lady fingers and spread it equally. As an option, you can grate some bittersweet chocolate on top of the filling for extra flavor.
- Dip the remaining half of the lady fingers in the espresso and arrange the second layer. Spread the remaining filing on top of it and grate more chocolates. Clean the edges of your dish and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the tiramisu for 6 hours or more, depending on when you are going to serve it. You can keep it chilled for up to 2 days. After refrigerating, the lady fingers should soften, and you can slice the tiramisu into your desired size pieces and serve.
- What you need
- 2Graham Tiramisu Ref Cake
- What you need
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 kilo of ripe strawberries (or any fruit you desire)
- ¼ kilo of grapes
- 2 cups of all-purpose cream
- 4 cups of condensed milk
- 3 packs of graham crackers
- 1 pack of crushed graham crackers
- In a bowl, combine the all-purpose cream and condensed milk and stir them until they are well combined. You can also use a hand mixer to make the job easier.
- Slice the strawberries into small and thin wedges. You can also blend the mangoes to extract their taste more.
- Dip the cracker in the coffee very quickly and make the first layer in a 10 inch square dish. You may need to break some of the crackers to fit them in. Pour a cup of the cream filling on top of the first layer and evenly spread it. Put some strawberries on top of it before proceeding to the next layer.
- Repeat step 3 until the crackers are used up. Make sure to cover the top layer with the cream mixture and sprinkle the remaining strawberries on it. Completely coat the top layer with crushed grahams. Slice the grapes into halves and arrange them equally on top to finish it off.
- Chill the graham tiramisu cake for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight. You can use any of your desired fruit. One great fruit that we can suggest is mango because it is sweet and it tastes awesome with the cream mixture. Enjoy!
- What you need
Can you imagine a kid's party without desserts made up of Oreo? Oreo Cakes is one of everybody's all-time favorite ref cakes. It is made up of no other than the world's favorite, Oreo cookies. Oreo ref cakes have become a part of not only regular celebrations, but also of many people's traditions. It tastes great, and it can also rekindle memories and make us look back on our childhood. These recipes will make your parties, picnics, or even just your regular family lunch a big hit. Grab as many Oreo packs as you can and start reading on so you can choose the Oreo ref cake that will grace your buffet table this coming holiday.
- 1What you need
- 100 grams of butter (melted)
- 1 pack of regular sugar biscuits
- 1 pack of Oreo cookies (14 pieces)
- 1 pack of Mini Oreo cookies
- Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- 2 tbsp. of hot water
- 1 tbsp. of gelatin powder
- 250 gram pack of cream cheese (2 packs)
- 1 cup of all-purpose cream
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of condensed milk
- Put the sugar biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush them using a rolling pin or other kitchen equipment. Once done, pour them out of the sandwich bag and into a bowl. Add the melted butter and pour it in a bowl. Mix them together until you achieve the consistency of wet sand.
- Transfer the crushed biscuits mixture to a round pan and press it down evenly. Ensure that it is compressed, then put it the fridge for about 30 minutes. This will serve as the cake's crust.
- Now proceed to the filling. In another sandwich bag, crush up the Oreo cookies. Then in a small bowl, mix the gelatin powder together with the hot water and stir it until the gelatin is melted.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, all-purpose cream and sugar. You can use a hand mixer to make this step quicker. Mix the ingredients well until they are thick and creamy. Add the gelatin and the condensed milk and continue mixing them until well combined.
- Add in the crushed Oreos and mix them with the cream mixture until well incorporated. You can skip the hand mixer for this step and just use a spatula to combine the crushed Oreos with the cream.
- Take out the crust that you chilled after 30 minutes and pour the filling into it. Make the top even using your spatula and give it a few taps to get rid of the bubbles inside it. Arrange your mini Oreos on the top of the filling to decorate it. As another option, you can use colorful sprinkles or powdered Oreos to make it look even better.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can prepare this a day before the party so you will have ample time to let it chill. Once it's ready, use your spatula to slowly take it out of the pan and set it on your buffet table. Enjoy!
Heavenly Chocolate Ref Cake
What's the flavor that never gets old? Chocolate of course! If you are still unsure about what ref cake to pick, this may be the answer. How can we go wrong with chocolates? Whatever the dessert is, chocolate is almost always the flavor on top of everyone's list. This is the ultimate choice for every sweet tooth's desires. Chocolates are so effortless that you can just put them on the table and they can already be great desserts. However, putting a bit of a twist on them, then serving them makes it exceptionally good and gives you an additional star. Here is an easy chocolate ref cake recipe that nearly everyone will love.
- 1What you need
- 2 ¼ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups of walnuts
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1 pack of regular crackers
- 1 stick of butter
- Break the walnuts into small pieces, but don't crush them. This will give the chocolate cake a little bit of crunch to it. Place the cracker in a sandwich bag and crush it using a rolling pin or equipment available in your kitchen.
- Start boiling 2 cups of water in a pot and wait for it to simmer while working on the next step. Combine the crushed crackers with the walnuts. Add the raisins and lightly mix them using a spoon.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small pan and put it on top of the pot of simmering water. Keep on stirring it until the chocolate melts. Once it's already melted, add the butter and stir some more until it also melts.
- Combine the chocolate with the cracker mixture and mix them well until the dry ingredients are completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Put the mixture in a foil pan. Using a foil pan makes it a lot easier for the chocolate cake to be taken out once it's ready. Evenly spread it and let it sit in the fridge for 3-5 hours or overnight.
- Once it's ready, you can take it out of the foil pan. Stretch out the edges of the plate and the cake will automatically come out. You can put some peanut butter or sweet chocolate syrup on top of it for decoration. Slice it to your desired size and serve.
The cherry is one of the most used fruits in pastries. It's not only yummy, but it's also healthy. Studies have proven that cherries can lower the chances and treat gout because they lower uric acid - the cause of gout - in the body. It also fights cancer and certain age-related diseases. Eating cherries will also help you improve your sleep because it is rich with the hormone called melatonin, which helps regulate our sleep. Therefore, you can serve cherry cheesecake as a dessert after dinner so you can get quality sleep after enjoying a scrumptious meal.
- 1What you need
- 1 ¼ cups of crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup of butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 pack of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of heavy whipped cream
- 1 can of cherries
- In a bowl, combine the crushed grahams, sugar and melted butter. Mix them using a spoon or a small whisker until you achieve the right consistency. This will be the crust of the cherry cheesecake. Put it in an 8 x 8 cake pan and press it down to make it compact. Make sure that the surface is even.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer until it becomes thick and smooth. Set it aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, vanilla extract and powdered sugar using a hand mixer. Blend them until they become very smooth. Make sure that there are no more lumps from the powdered sugar before you stop mixing it.
- Combine the whipped cream with the cream cheese mixture and fold them together until they are completely incorporated. Use a spatula for this step.
- Pour the mixture on top of the crust and evenly spread it. Finally, top it with the cherries and equally distribute them covering the filling. Put it in the fridge for 3-5 hours or overnight before serving.
Who can resist that heavenly fruit called mango? I could eat mangoes alone for days without even complaining. Mangoes alone are delicious, but imagine them combined with a delicious cheesecake! While we are all used to different variations of cheesecakes, mangoes can give cheesecake a one of a kind flavor, making it extraordinary. Your friends and family members may receive the same old food gifts again this year, so surprise them with your personally made mango cheesecake and make them excited for more!
- 1What you need
- 2 cups of mangoes (pureed)
- 250 grams of chocolate chip cookies
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
- ¼ cup of hot water
- 1 tbsp. of non-flavored gelatin powder
- 250 grams of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 300 ml of heavy whipping cream
- 1 medium can of condensed milk
- Separate the mango's flesh from its skin and seeds and mash it. To make this step easier, you can use a blender to puree your mango and set it aside.
- Place the chocolate chip cookies in a sandwich bag and crush it. You can use the food processor to make this step faster and for the cookies to be more evenly crushed. Once the consistency of bread crumbs is achieved, you can now place the crushed cookies in a bowl.
- Combine the melted butter in a bowl with the crushed cookies and mix it until well combined. This will serve as the cake's crust.
- Lightly grease a small round pan and pour the crust in it. Evenly spread it out and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes for it to set. Dissolve the gelatin powder in the hot water and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it becomes smooth. Add the whipping cream and the condensed milk and continue beating the mixture until well combined. Add the gelatin mixture and the mango puree and continue mixing it for one more minute.
- Take the crust out of the fridge and pour the filling in it. Spread it evenly and give it a few taps to make sure that the surface is nice and smooth. Let it chill for a good 24 hours before taking it out.
- Once the cake has completely set, decorate its top by putting some sliced mangoes on it and slice it evenly. It can now be placed on your desserts table or in a box ready for giveaway.
- Whatever ref cake you choose to make, prepare it a day before the party so it will have ample time to sit in the fridge.
- For cheesecakes, you can follow the steps on the cherry cheesecake section and just use different fruits to top it. You can use strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and any other fruit of your choice.
- You can also make just the cheesecake, and put different fruits in separate bowls to let your guests pick their favorites.
- Make at least two ref cakes for your celebration so you can make a comparison on which of the cakes is a better hit. Good luck!
Questions and Answers
Hi there! just checking for some delightful recipe for my cousin's wedding desserts, hope you can help me?
Can you help me or give me some recipe of desserts, easy to make and no bake please. I have tried: Mange cheesecake. I think it was caused by: This is a common dessert..I want a unique dessert that will delight our guests.
A dessert with frozen berries.
- 1You will need:
- any frozen berries - 300 g;
- sugar - 50 g;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- water - 30 ml;
- cinnamon (to your liking).
- 2Put everything into a blender and mix.
- 3Pour the ready mass into plastic or paper disposable cups.
- 4Stick small wooden poles into the mass. This will be the holder.
- 5Fix the stick with foil or paper and put the cups into a freezer for 3 hours.
A Russian nonalcoholic and nondairy version of eggnog.
- 1Watch our tutorial on how prepare a dairy-free eggnog (click here).
- 1You will need:
- maple syrup - 2/3 cup; alternatively, you can also mix maple syrup with honey - 2/3 cup;
- olive oil - 1/4 cup;
- cocoa powder - 5 tablespoons;
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon;
- peanut butter - 1/2 cup;
- rolled oats - 1 cup;
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon.
- 2Heat up a saucepan at a medium temperature.
- 3Add the olive oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
- 4Wait until the water starts to boil.
- 5Wait for three minutes and keep stirring.
- 6Add peanut butter, rolled oats, and vanilla.
- 7Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- 8Form cookies on waxed paper.
- 9Let them cool for an hour.