Make Crispy Sweet Potato Chips
Edited by sheryl hernandez, Robbi, Eng, karishma and 1 other
Eating healthy food is often seen as boring and tasteless eating, but that doesn't have to be the case. Here is a wonderful recipe for kids. This snack is budget friendly and very easy to make. Try to introduce this snack to your kids and most of them are going to love it. You can make this recipe in less than 20 minutes, so it's not just inexpensive, it's quick and easy.
Moreover, potato chips are a favourite with everyone. After all, who doesn't like potato chips. Sometimes, one can simply ditch that healthy diet and binge, binge and binge. For, there is no other comfort so similar as is the comfort of binging. Potato chips are the universal favourite food of those who love to binge. However, we bingers are lazy enough to step down and buy a pack of potato chips. Though, what if potato chips can be made at home! Nothing like it then! Isn't it! One shall get the taste of yummiest potato chips ever. Here's how you go about the simple 20 minute recipe.
- 2500 ml cooking oilAdvertisement
- 31 teaspoon of iodized salt
- 41 teaspoon white sugar
- 1Wash the sweet potato thoroughly. washing a vegetable is very important. For, an unwashed vegetable can pose a risk to the health of a person. Hence, it is necessary to wash the vegetables off before one eats them or even cooks them. Therefore, wash the potatoes before you begin to cook them. Also, in case of potatoes, it would be ideal to dip them in water and to keep them aside for a while. Say, an hour or 2 and then pick them up. This would be ideal and the healthiest way of washing potatoes.Advertisement
- 2Using a slicer sliced the sweet potato into evenly sized, and as thin as you can slice it. If you are to make thinly sliced, potato chips, you will obviously have to slice this potatoes so that they look like thin chips. Although, this requires a little hard-work, the recipe can never be completed without this step. Hence, slice off the potatoes as quickly as you can. For, once the slicing is done, the rest of the recipe is no big deal.
- 3Heat the cooking oil until is hot enough to deep fry, about 360 degrees Fahrenheit, then put the sliced sweet potato into the pan. It is necessary to put in the potatoes only after the oil is hot enough. If you do anything before that, it is going to be a dud. There is no way your chip shall come off. In order to check the hotness of the oil, throw in a very very small piece of potato and see if it starts swimming immediately. If it does, slide in your thinly sliced potatoes into this oil and fry them.
- 4Put the sliced sweet potato into the pan one by one. Do not throw away all the potatoes together, the oil is going to create a racket if you do that. Hence, put each potato once. Also, slide these potatoes from the side of the vessel because if you throw them into the oil, you are likely to burn yourself and the oil shall keep on spurting heavily for quite sometime.
- 5If the sweet potato is cooked put it into a plate with anything that can absorb the excess oil in it. Keep on frying until, it is crispy enough. Take care not to burn these chips in a bid to make them crispy. Make sure that the excess of oil has been taken off the sweet potatoes and then, lay them down on a tissue paper so that more of excess oil can come off this potato. Yes, we are eating unhealthy but even then, it is important to be a bit careful.
Categories : Appetizers & Finger Foods
Recent edits by: karishma, Eng, Robbi