Make Ayurvedic Treatments for Hair Loss at Home Using Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice vs Boiled Lentils vs Lemon Juice and Banyan Root Powder ... and 2 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
These basic, simple Ayurvedic hair loss recipes have been in use in households for thousands of years. These easy-to-make Indian hair solutions help heal damaged scalps, balance toxic hormonal imbalances that cause thinning hair and help regrow new hair.
Method 1: Using Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice
This hair growth remedy, if used on a daily basis, is said to show new hair growth within a month of use.
- 1Indian Gooseberry contains garlic acid, which is a phenolic compound that repairs damage hair. It is also stimulating to the scalp and rich in Vitamin C, which is very healing helps grow new hair.Prepare a half of a cup of Indian Gooseberry powder by soaking it in warm water for at least six hours.Advertisement
- 2It should have a slightly muddy quality. Let it sit on your scalp about ten minutes.After the gooseberry is soaked, mix the powder with the water until it is a smooth paste.Advertisement
- 4Make sure that this acidic mixture does not get in you eyes as it will sting.Leave the foaming mixture on your hair for fifteen minutes.
- 5Do not rinse or condition afterwards.Rinse your hair out thoroughly.
Method 2: Using Boiled Lentils
This ancient remedy for restoring lost hair shows new hair growth in as little as a week for some people.
- 1Lentils are full of folate, which encourages hair follicles to absorb the iron needed for them to grow new hair. Lentils also contain biotin, which encourages healthy regrowth. The zinc in lentils is also a natural DHT blocker, a sex hormone that accumulates and causes baldness.Boil lentils in water until they are done.Advertisement
- 2Make sure you cover the scalp and all of your hair to the roots with the mixture.Mash the lentils into a fine paste and massage it into your hair.
- 3For best results leave it on all night.Leave the mixture on for at least a night.
Method 3: Using Lemon Juice and Banyan Root Powder
This is a hair loss and hair regrowth remedy from India that works best if you do it first thing every morning and that is said to show new hair growth in a week.
- 1Lemon is very rich in Vitamin C, which clarifies and heals the scalp. Lemons also contain folate, which helps the body absorb iron and other minerals that keep hair healthy.Extract the juice of one large lemon into a small mixing bowl or jar.
Method 4: Using Pomegranate and Mustard Oil
This Indian remedy for preventing baldness and hair restoration can produce new growth within ten days.
- 1It is okay to use the flesh, skin and leaves as well as the seeds. Pomegranate is very high in Vitamin C , which helps heal the scalp and it is also rich in zinc, which helps get rid of DHT, a sex hormone that causes balding in both men and women.Grind up one whole large, ripe pomegranate in a blender.
- 3Use a fine cheesecloth to extract the oil from the mixture in the pot.Cook this mixture until it is mush, but mostly liquid and strain.
- 4Do this three times a day to see fast results.Apply the oil to the scalp.
Method 5: Using Using Coriander Leaf
This is a common treatment in Ayurvedic for alopecia hair loss, where the balding starts at the top of the crown. New hair growth may show up within three months.
- 1Coriander is full of antioxidants that help nourish the scalp. This leafy herb is also a natural DHT blocker that helps stop baldingJuice three huge bundles of coriander to extract the liquid.
- 2The mixture will be quit runny so it is best to do this in the shower.Massage the juice into your scalp and hair.
- 3If you do not like the smell of coriander, you can shampoo and condition your hair very lightly afterwards.Rinse the mixture out.
Tips and Tricks
- Banyan Tree powder, Indian Gooseberry Powder may be ordered online but these herbs widely available in Indian food stores as well as some natural health outlets in larger urban areas.
- Indian Gooseberry powder is also sold under the name of Amla Powder. You can buy it in most natural health food stores.
- If the coconut oil you are using is in a solid state and you prefer a liquid, simply warm it up in a bowl of quite hot tap water and it will turn clear.
- All of the hair loss remedies in this article can also be consumed as a supplement or eaten as a food which also stops and reverse hair loss
- In Ayurvedic medicine hair loss problems are referred to as Kapha problems, where a lack of moisture causes drying, infection and aging, and these spices, herbs and food help balance the dosha of the scalp