Lower Uric Acid Naturally
Edited by Jeffrey Casel, Eng, Maria Sharon Ubando, Rebecca M.
Uric acid is needed in the body because it will act as an antioxidant and helps the blood vessels to work well. The kidneys however, will expel more uric acid if there are too many purines (a compound that helps us gain energy and strength) that accumulate in the body. Food that contain purines include peas, mackerel, dried bean, liver, anchovies and beer. Uric acid is the result of the breakdown of this component.
The uric acid is dissolved in the blood and then goes back to our kidneys. From the kidneys, it is excreted from the body in the form of urine. Too much uric acid produced and unable to get them out of the system will lead to a disease called hyperuricemia. Another manifestations of too much uric acid is the swelling of joints leading to gout attack. Learn some natural ways on how to lower down your uric acid. With the tips given here, it wold still be best to talk to your doctor first.
Causes of High Uric Acid
- 1Too much purine intakeAdvertisement
- 3Too much beer consumption
- 4Some medicine
- 5Some sugary beverages
- 6lose weight diet
Lowering Uric Acid the Natural Way
- 2Mix it thoroughly and take the solution daily. Eight glasses of this is suggested to help eliminate uric acid crystals. Drink it once before going to bed then another when you get up in the morning. The remaining of the eight glasses should be taken once every 2-4 hours preferable in between meals. keep taking the solution until you feel that the symptoms are gone. People with high blood pressure can try this solution so long as you have a close monitoring of your pressure but it would be better if you just skip this this remedy. Just one more tip: baking soda has high sodium content. When you are taking this remedy, you should go for zero-salt diet.Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda into 8 oz of water.
- 3This fruit contains anthocyanins known as anti-inflammatory component which is ideally for gout attacks. Besides helping people suffering from gout attack, it is also known as a natural way to reduce uric acid. Cherry is a seasonal fruit. When it is out of season, you can go for concentrate juices. They are as effective as the fresh ones.Eat More Cherries.
- 5Suggested foods are wheat, tuna, cereal, rice and vegetables.Avoid eating red meats, seafood and alcohol because this are the foods that are rich in high purine, avoiding this can lessen the production of purine into the body.
- There are medicines to help you lower your uric acid, just ask your doctor about it.Never self-medicate.
- Be sure to go to your doctor for more management of eliminating high uric acid.
Recent edits by: Maria Sharon Ubando, Eng, Jeffrey Casel