Edited by clinton, Maria Quinney, jcnole, nibz and 17 others
1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 I have a new Samsung Note4. I am unable to get the abc keyboard on the screen?
- 1.2 Hi! I mistakenly removed my green phone application from my Samsung Note3! How can I retrieve it?
- 1.3 How can I reset my keyboard, Alphabet is missing?
- 1.4 I do not have a microphone on my Note3 anymore to do voice texting?
- 1.5 Keypad not coming up for typing, how do I get it back?
- 1.6 I find only the numbers and other symbols like + - * / on my qwerty?
- 1.7 My microphone doesn't work. When people call I have to put them on speaker?
- 1.8 The type message area goes black when I try to type a message?
- 1.9 My select input method choice is gone?
- 1.10 Star and hash keys are not working?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
I have a new Samsung Note4. I am unable to get the abc keyboard on the screen?
I can access the symbol keyboard and the smiley icon is working. I called (Verizon) tech support and they had me hold down the power, home and on/off button to restart, then go into settings and applications to the application manager and delete cache. This seemed to work for the time being, but now (an hour later) it is not working again. The S pen works, but I want to be able to use the keyboard to enter text.
It sounds like the phone is getting stuck in S Pen Mode. You can change this with the keyboard settings on your phone.
Hi! I mistakenly removed my green phone application from my Samsung Note3! How can I retrieve it?
I do not have access to my phone contact list, keypad, call list, because I mistakenly removed my green phone app from the smartphone.
- 1Tap on the home button.
- 2Tap on "Apps".
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4In the "General" tab, tap on "Application Manager".
- 5Swipe to "TURNED OFF" or "ALL".
- 6Tap on "Phone".
- 7Enable the application.
- 8Also, press the back button.
- 9Locate and tap on the Launcher application in the "ALL" section.
- 10Tap on "Clear Data".
- 11Again, press the back button.
- 12Locate the Contacts application and tap on it.
- 13Tap on "Uninstall updates".
- 14If it still does not bring back Phone, then turn off the device.
- 15Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons.
- 16Release only the power button when you see "Galaxy Note3".
- 17When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the other two buttons.
- 18Press the volume-down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition".
- 19Press the power button to select and wipe the cache.
- 20Press the power button to restart the device.
How can I reset my keyboard, Alphabet is missing?
I lost my keyboard. When I go to settings, then to language and keyboard, then I go to keyboards and input methods, I select Samsung keyboard but it doesn't change, please help.
You are probably in S Pen mode as mentioned above. Long press the microphone icon to restore your keyboard to normal.
I do not have a microphone on my Note3 anymore to do voice texting?
I have been sending a lot of text by voice and I just went to send another one and the microphone on the keyboard is gone and I've done everything I can think of to get it back.
Long press the left-hand corner keyboard symbol on the actual TypePad. A menu will appear and the microphone should be there for you to choose. If not, then long press again the T with pencil symbol and that will bring you to another sub-menu where you can choose the microphone option. You will want to go into your Settings as explained above to make sure that you have the text to speech options enabled.
Keypad not coming up for typing, how do I get it back?
I have Samsung FROYO Galaxy S phone. Last few days the keypad was not coming up for typing. I have rebooted the phone many times, but nothing is happening. I am not able to add or edit contacts nor type anything. Can you help me with a solution here?. Thanks
This YouTube Tutorial can show you how to restore a missing keyboard on a Samsung device.
I find only the numbers and other symbols like + - * / on my qwerty?
The qwerty key pad shows all the symbols and I am not able to come back to the alphabets
Samsung Support has listed the ways you can change your keyboard back to normal. There are also other options listed in the answers above to change back to the alphabet settings although you are not in S Pen mode.
My microphone doesn't work. When people call I have to put them on speaker?
Is there something I can do or take it in for service. It is only 6 months old
If both your microphone and your earpiece speaker (the quiet one that you only hear up close) do not work, then it might be a serious problem with hardware. If both the loudspeaker (the loud one that you can hear from afar) and the microphone work (and the earpiece speaker does not), then it can be software and firmware problems.
Anyway, these solution might help you before you bring your phone to a Samsung service center.
- Disable the "OK, Google!" detection. Press the home button. Tap on the "App" icon". Find and tap "Google Settings". Tap on "Search & Now". Tap on "Voice". Tap on "'OK, Google!' detection". Turn off all of the toggles.
- Press the home button. Tap on "Phone". Tap on the menu button (three dots). Tap on "Settings". Tap on "Call". tap on "Additional settings". Tap on "TTY mode". Enable "TTY Full".
- Update your phone. You can use our tutorial (click here) for a similar phone for that.
- Wipe cache partition. Turn off your phone. Take the battery out for five minutes. Put the battery back. Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons until you see the Samsung logotype. You will boot into the recovery mode. Choose "wipe cache partition" with the volume-down button. Press the power button. Press the power button again on "reboot your system now".
- Hard-reset your phone. Turn off your phone. Press and hold the volume-up, home, and power buttons until you see the Samsung logotype. You will boot into the recovery mode. Choose "wipe data/factory reset" and then "Yes - delete all user data" with the volume-down button (press the power button to select the options). Press the power button again on "reboot your system now".
- If the problem still persists, then it might be the best time for a service-center check.
The type message area goes black when I try to type a message?
How can I get it to go back to white so I can see what I am typing when I am typing it
Tap the keyboard symbol to go into settings. Change the options back to default to see if this resolves your problem. If not, then you may have zoomed in on the messages. Simply unzoom to see if the keyboard drops back to normal.
My select input method choice is gone?
I have no idea what magic keystroke combination I may have done to delete it
I either get a phone pad type enter choice or handwriting if I use my stylus
Tap and hold the keyboard menu icon next to "123 Sym". Then, tap the keyboard icon next to the microphone icon from the pop-up menu. This will restore your "QWERTY" keyboard.
Star and hash keys are not working?
Star and hash keys are not working
Go into your Settings to Language and Input and revert to Default. You may have set up a Custom keyboard and this is why those keys disappeared.
Categories : How To Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Recent edits by: VisiHow, ask, JMJ