Lose Weight with the Bible Diet By Practicing the Daily Prayer, Purpose and Partial Fast Days vs By Practicing Daily Lifestyle Regimens vs By Eating the Permitted Foods During Phase One and Two ... and 3 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
The Bible diet is also known as the Maker's diet. It is a forty-day weight loss reduction program based on teachings from the Books in the The Holy Bible including Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Proverbs, Genesis, Leviticus, Judges, and Isaiah, 1 Corinthians, Habakkuk, Daniel and Luke. The diet is based on the categorization of foods as either being unclean (unholy) or clean (holy) in God's eyes, and the cleaner (holier) you are about what you eat and your eating habits, the better chance you have of losing a great deal of weight.
The Bible Diet categorizes food according to these factors, which are derived from verses in the scriptures of the Holy Bible:
- Whether or not the food grew on a tree, and if it did not, it could be unclean and unholy
- Whether or not the food was grown from a seed and if not, it is unholy
- Whether or not an animal has a cloven hoof in two and chews the cud, and if not it is unholy and should not be eaten
- How the food was raised, killed, cleaned or cooked and if it's raising could be considered to be Kosher
- How a particular animal lived before it was slaughtered as this affects the holiness of the food and whether or not it is clean of hormone disrupting toxins
- Whether or not the food came from a creeping animal, which is one that scuttles or across the ground or is low to the ground or objectionable in some way according to a passage in the bible
- Whether or not a water creature has fins or scales or not because if it walks in the water, like a frog or an alligator, it is unholy, but if it swims, like a fish, it is holy
The diet also prohibits many white starchy foods and also sugar and it also restricts the eating of meat, which is why, beyond the matter of faith in the will of God, it causes weight loss. It also promotes weight loss because it promotes the very healthy practice of eating only organic vegetables, fruits and legumes. The meats approved of in the diet are very high protein, which makes this diet very similar to the Paleo or Atkins diet, which also restrict starchy carbohydrates and sugar and encourage the eating of lean meat together with complex carbohydrates.
This diet is also a Kosher diet, which means you do not eat the blood of an animal and that the animal is killed by a single cut across the throat without causing the animal to die with any suffering. It is unholy to eat an animal that has been killed in a gas chamber, with a blow to the head, a gun shot or electrical current. The fact that these animals were killed while under extreme stress means that the meat is flooded with hormones that once consumed, affect human hormones and thus cause weight gain.
Method 1: By Practicing the Daily Prayer, Purpose and Partial Fast Days
Throughout the forty days of the diet, you must adopt the following daily lifestyle regimens to improve your chances of getting to your weight-loss goal.
- 2Make sure that you exercise both in the morning and the evening for at least an hour. All that is required is a stroll, but you can go for a swim, bike ride or work out in a gym if you like. This helps you burn off some calories and build lean muscle so that you are expending calories even while at rest.Advertisement
- 4Every day you will use frankincense as incense as an offering to the Lord in exchange for fulfilling your weight loss goals. Aside from being mentioned in the Bible, frankincense is also a natural air sterilizer that gets rid of bacteria and viruses and it facilitates weight loss because it balances hormones and puts you in a good mood. This helps prevent cravings and binge eating.
- 5Every day you will drink a special green super food blend to detoxify your endocrine system and reboot your metabolism. In eight ounces of water, mix two tablespoons of whole food fiber and two tablespoon of blue-green algae in eight to twelve ounces of purified water and drink. Blue-green algae is a source of natural iodine, which supports your immune system. It also has chlorophyll in it, which helps to cleanse your bloodstream of fats and toxins, which in turn causes more efficient cell respiration and weight loss.
Method 2: By Eating the Permitted Foods During Phase One and Two
Eat only the foods that you are permitted to eat during the entire forty-day course of the Bible diet (during both Phase One and Phase Two) by following these steps:
- 3Consume fruits such as lemon, limes, oranges, grapefruit, kumquats, pineapple, pomegranate and palm fruits. Until you reach Phase 3 of the diet, do not eat any fruits other than what is recommended here, or you could gain weight.
- 4Eat vegetables such as artichokes, broccoli, carrots, beets, beet greens, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, potatoes, turnips, cabbage and collards. Do not eat any vegetables other than what is recommended here.
- Eat succulent vegetables with seed such as cucumbers, eggplant, green beans, okra, peppers, pumpkins, squash, tomatoes, melons, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries
- Eat nuts such as almonds, Brazil nuts, cashew nuts, pecans and walnuts. These nuts provide you with fibre, help cleanse your intestinal tract and also provide your system with essential fatty acids (the good fats) that ensure the health of your brain and cardiovascular system
- Eat only turkey, chicken grouse, quail, pheasant, and no other type of bird. Do not use fat to roast or cook these birds. Steaming is the preferred method of cooking.
- Eat meat from livestock such as caribou, cow, deer, lamb, goat, elk, buffalo and moose. These are meats mentioned in the Bible. Be sure they are roasted or barbecued. If you are eating beef or lamb, make sure it is organic and grass-fed.
- Eat fish such as trout, salmon, pike, sunfish, bluefish, bass and crappie. These are fish with scales, as is permitted as a food in the Bible.
- You may eat insects such as crickets, grasshoppers and locusts. These insects, like the other permitted items on the Bible diet are not mandatory foods.
Method 3: During Phase One of Extreme Weight Loss
During Phase One of the diet, which lasts fourteen days, the goals are to:
- Stabilize insulin and blood sugar
- Reduce inflammation and infection
- Balance the hormones in the body
- Detoxify all of the systems of the body
- Extreme weight loss
During Phase One of the Bible Diet, follow these steps for avoiding prohibited foods on the first fourteen days of the diet:
- 1Do not eat any type of pastas including whole wheat or healthy pastas. During this part of the diet, which is meant to reset your metabolism and give your pancreas a rest. You may not eat pasta because it is a high glycemic starchy food that immediately raises your blood sugar and causes weight gain.
- Avoid eating any type of corn for two weeks. This includes corn on the cob, popcorn, corn meal and corn flours.
- Avoid eating any type of bean for two weeks. This includes lentils, peas, peanuts, soybeans, French beans, broad beans, kidney beans and garbanzo beans.
Method 4: During Phase Two of Steady Weight Loss
Phase Two of the diet consists of 28 more days and the goals of Phase 2 are tow:
- Improve energy levels
- Improve digestion
- Keep losing weight but at a slower rate to prevent rebound weight gain
During Phase Two of the Bible Diet (Days 15 - 40) take the following steps to avoid these foods:
- 1Do not drink chlorinated tap water. It is considered to be polluted and impure. Distilled water is the only type of water you are allowed to consume on this diet.
- 2Do not drink any fruit juice. Fruit juice has a high glycemic load and causes elevated levels of blood sugar, which in turn causes weight gain.
- 3Do not drink any type of soda, including sugary and diet sodas. Carbonated drinks have too much sugar in them and cause glycemic reactions and weight gain. Diet sodas contain artificial sweeteners that disrupt the hormones that govern your metabolism and throw it out of whack
- 4Do not drink instant coffee. It is not considered to be a real food and it is also high in sodium and additives that can sabotage your weight loss efforts
- 5Avoid eating all fruits except berries, grapefruit, limes and lemon. Most fruits are too naturally high in sugar to give your pancreas the break it needs in order to help your metabolism reset itself. The allowed foods are rich in fiber and very rich in vitamin C, which helps fight the inflammation that causes weight gain.
- 6Do not drink any alcohol. Alcohol is considered to be impure, dehydrating and many forms of it contain up to 500 calories, especially when mixed with sugar-based mixers, fruit juices and colas.
- 7Avoid all sweeteners including sugar in all of its forms, honey and artificial sweeteners. This is a very strict step and note that you are not even allowed to have Stevia, Truvia or any other type of sweetener. This is because even artificial sweeteners could whet your appetite for sweet forbidden foods and starches.
- 8Avoid eating bacon, pork, ham and sausage. These are meats that are too rich in saturated fats and considered impure. You are also not allowed to eat camel, rabbit or badger meat.
- 9Avoid eating ostrich meat or emu meat, which are considered to be forbidden birds in the Bible. This should be quite easy to do as this is based on a more ancient taboo.
- 10Do not eat eagles, vulture, kites, ravens, seagulls or owls. These birds are considered to be unclean.
- 11Do not eat eel and shark. These fish without scales are expressly forbidden to be consumed as food in the Bible.
- 12Do not eat shellfish during the forty-day diet. Avoid seafood such as crab, clams, oysters, mussels, lobster, shrimp, scallops and crawfish, as is mentioned many times in the Bible.
- 13You are not allowed to eat alligators. Any creature that swims in water that does not have fins is not allowed to be eaten as a meal when you are on The Bible Diet.
- 14Do not eat fried or breaded chicken. This is because the bread crumbs are starchy and often fried in forbidden oils that are full of saturated fats.
- 15Avoid eating luncheon meats such as corned beef, ham and roast beef. Aside from being less than natural, these foods also contain nitrates, which act as hormone disruptors and cause weight gain.
- 16Avoid eating imitation eggs or liquid egg whites that are sold in a carton. The theory is that eating fake foods is sacrilegious, but it is also unhealthy as these foods often contain hormone-disrupting agents that cause rapid weight gain.
- 17Avoid consuming hydrogenated fats and oils such as lard, shortening, sunflower oil, cotton seed oil, corn oil, soy oil and margarine. These fats end up in your liver, sabotage metabolic function and add inches to your waistline,
- 18Avoid eating nuts and seeds. This includes nuts and seeds that are either dry or roasted in hydrogenated oil. In this second phase of the diet, more fats are eliminated to get your body used to living in a leaner fashion
- 19Do not eat condiments that are high in sugar such as barbecue sauce or ketchup. If you suspect that anything you are eating is a source of hidden sugar, do not eat it, as avoiding sugar is a major part of losing weight on this diet. The safest way to avoid this pitfall is to not eat any condiments at all while you are on Phase Two of the Bible Diet.
- 20You are allowed to eat any insect that you like, as long as it does not have wings. Therefore, ants are allowed, but crickets are not.
Method 5: During Phase Three of Weight Loss Maintenance
This phase begins on day forty and beyond and is the maintenance phase of the Bible diet.
To maintain your weight loss you will:
- 1Continue to eat from the permitted foods and avoid the foods that are forbidden in the Bible as detailed above. This means that you will be eating a balanced diet that is very high in protein and low in simple carbohydrates, sugar and saturated fats.
- 2You may, if you like introduce some sugars and starches back into your diet such as potatoes, whole grains breads, rice and porridge back into your diet. However, be aware, that the more of these you allow back into your diet, the more you are risking rebound weight gain.
Tips and Tricks
- Consult with your physician before starting this or any other diet because not every one thrives when they are on an eating regimen that restricts certain foods
- Any food that grows on a vine is allowed on this diet
- Eating foods raw will also help you lose weight on this diet
- This diet, which is high in healthy fats, may improve your moods and improve your focus
- The Bible diet is also an inflammation reduction diet that reduces arthritis pain and inflammation
- Blue-green algae is a very common liquid or powdered supplement that can be purchased quite easily at any health food store
- This diet will also reduce your risk of cancer and heart disease caused by fatty liver and obesity issues
- The closer to nature the food is, the more effective it will be at causing weight loss, so stay way from preserved, canned, refined and processed foods
- Try to eat foods that are in season because they are fresher, and as the Bible says, "To everything there is a season."