Lose Weight with Soylent By Replacing All of Your Meals With Soylent vs Adding Soylent Powder to Smoothies vs Adding Soylent Powder to Your Daily Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Soylent
Soylent Powder is a commercial total meal replacement powder that can help you lose between two to five pounds a week . The key to achieving weight loss by drinking this commercial powder mix, (provided by the company when you order the powder) is simply to add water and resolve to live on just this powder all day.
On each day of this lifestyle changing eating regimen you must mix up two liters of the Soylent using the plastic jug and the scoop that is sent to you when you purchase Soylent powder. You must drink the two liters of Soylent or less every day and consume nothing else.
Soylent powder helps you lose weight because:
- Each eight ounce serving is exactly 250 calories which limits your calorie intake to 2000 calories a day, which is a healthy number of calories for most people to eat a day in order to achieve weight loss
- You can customize it by adding fruits, herbs and spices and reducing the amount of powder you have, thus making for a much more interesting diet than the bland one of simply consuming soylent and nothing else every day and this encourages you to stick to your diet
- Soylent powder is so bland that many people have remarked on how it makes them realize how much they eat for emotional reasons and drinking just plain soylent helps them recognize the triggers that might have them overeating
- You do not have to worry about deciding which food you will be eating and whether or not it is low calorie, low glycemic, low fat or whether or not it has enough vitamins, minerals or protein as just drinking 8 ounces gives you a complete package of nutrients
- The fact that Soylent is complete nutritionally means that using it to diet requires no thinking about food and helps eliminate the risk of slipping up and eating something that adds calorie to your diet
- You do not experience cravings because it is a very filling drink and the two liters of the drink that you are required to drink provides you with all of the protein, minerals and vitamins you need to survive and feel well
- Soylent is made from soy protein isolate, which provides the drink with a full amino acid profile that helps your body renew and repair itself, and keeps your energy levels fuelled so that you are always ready to burn calories with exercise
- Soylent contains algal oil, which provides your endocrine system, nervous system and cardiovascular system with the energy and essential fatty acids they need to function optimally without weight gain
- It contains Isomatulose, a slow-metabolizing disaccharide made from beets, which helps you feel energetic, clear and satiated all day
- Each pouch contains 100 percent of all of the recommended essential vitamins and minerals you need for a day so you are less likely experience cravings and break from being on a diet
- Soylent powder is very high in fiber, at 28% per serving, which helps keep your intestines healthy and constantly clearing toxins so that you do not suffer from bloating
- It is also very low in sodium, providing you with only 380 mg, which is lower than most meal replacement products and meals and helps your liver, kidney and pancreas function optimally so that you are never bloated
- Soylent powder is lactose and milk free, which makes it a weight loss solution for those who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome and similar digestive issues
- Soylent is a designer food intended to have the lowest glycemic impact possible while at the same time providing the body with a full spectrum of ingredients, which in turn keeps blood sugar levels low and prevents fat from accumulating in the blood and tissues
- Soylent contains no trans fatty acids, thus preventing the cardiovascular diseases and insulin resistance that can lead to weight gain
How to Order Soylent Powder
Soylent powder is only available for purchase by subscription on line at . The product is a powder that is sold in batches of 7 bags, which is good for 28 meals. At the time of writing, the price of this minimum monthly order was $54.00.
When you order Soylent Powder you will be sent, free of charge, an airtight two liter pitcher plus a 112 ml scoop, to help you measure the amount of powder that you need to make the mixture exactly.
Note that this diet does qualify as being a calorie restricted diet and although it is very nutritious with a full amino acid profile and contains all of the vitamins and minerals that you need to survive, it may not be suitable for you if you have certain conditions like low blood pressure or low blood sugar. Soylent is also not suitable for pregnant women as it does not contain enough of choline, iron and folate to support pregnancy.
Method 1: By Replacing All of Your Meals With Soylent
It is very easy to make a daily serving of two liters of Soylent powder, which amounts to being 500 calories per eight ounce serving.
- 1Mix one full 112 mg scoop of Soylent powder into two liters of pure spring or vapor distilled water. The mixture may need to be stirred quite a bit before it is thoroughly blended. If you like, you can also mix the two liters of water with the scoop of Soylent powder in a blender. You can use any container for this or you can use the one that comes with the product.Advertisement
- 3Repeat this regimen every day, for as many days as you like, but be sure not to eat anything else if you want to lose the maximum amount of weight. However, many people still lose weight even though they are adding fruit, flavorings and other low calorie ingredients to the mixture or by making low calorie smoothies.
Method 2: By Adding Soylent Powder to Smoothies
Many people achieve weight loss by drinking smoothies made with Soylent and using the smoothie to replace a daily meal. This makes for a more tasty experience, as many people find the taste of Soylent powder to be very bland. The weight loss is achieved because the drink contains no trans fat, no cholesterol and very little saturated fat. It also high in fiber which helps to accelerate weight loss by keeping the digestive system moving with efficiency
- 1Make a Soylent Orange Julius at 125 calories per serving. Whirl together 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent, a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice, a cup of spring water and a dash of pure organic vanilla in blender until frosty and smooth. This smoothie tastes quite close to the classic Orange Julius and it is also very high in Vitamin C, which fights the inflammation in the body that can weight gain.Advertisement
- 2Make a Soylent, Grape and Peach smoothie at 130 calories per serving. In a blender combin3 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, half of a cup of green grapes, a handful of arugula leafs, a half a cup of frozen peaches and a splash of lime juice. Whirl all of these ingredients together with a handful of ice cubes and a bit of water until smooth and frosty. Peaches are an excellent source of Vitamin A that supports the health of your kidneys and liver and the green grapes are a potent diuretic that encourages your bladder to produce more urine. The arugula is a bitter green that is very healing for the liver and helps it process and dispose of fats in the body.
- 3Make A Soylent, Pineapple and Orange smoothie at 130 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 mg (half a scoop) of Soylent powder with a cup of orange juice and ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks. Add a cup of ice, a splash of coconut milk and a dash of vanilla and blend it all together until smooth. This smoothie contains high amounts of Vitamin C and bromelain, which in turn reduces inflammation in the body and fights the insulin resistance that causes weight gain.
- 4Make a Soylent, Apple and Cinnamon Smoothie at 130 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with one cup of ice, one cup of almond juice, one whole, seeded chopped apple with skin on and ¼ tablespoon of cinnamon. Whirl everything together until smooth and frosty and serve. The apple is a source of protein, vitamin and minerals and the cinnamon is a fat-burner that works by stimulating your circulation and metabolism.
- 5Make a Soylent, Honeydew Melon and Lemon Smoothie at 135 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop of Soylent powder), a quarter of a cup of vanilla almond milk, a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, a tablespoon of freshly grated lemon zest, a cup of honeydew lemon and a cup of ice together in a blender. Whirl it all together to make a frosty drink. Honeydew melon is rich in calcium, which benefits the digestive system and the nerves, making it easier for you to recover from exercise. The lemon gives the smoothie a bit of a tart flavor and it also boosts it's Vitamin C content, which helps reduce inflammation and bloating.
- 6Make a Soylent, Cantaloupe and Lime Smoothie at 135 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop of Soylent powder), a tablespoon of fresh lime zest, a cup of cantaloupe chunks, a ¼ cup of vanilla almond milk, a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice, and a cup of ice together in a blender. Whirl it all together to make a frosty drink. Cantaloupe is rich in calcium and Vitamin A, which helps your nervous system and gut work in tandem together to digest food properly and convert food into energy instead of fat. The mint contains polyphenols that assist with cell repair and the healthy support of pituitary gland and thyroid.
- 7Make a Soylent, Celery and Apple smoothie at 140 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder. Combine the flesh of one unpeeled apple, on stalk of minced celery, a handful of kale, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, a tablespoon of agave syrup and five ice cubes in a blender. Whirl all of the ingredients together until smooth. Both celery and apple are potent diuretics that encourage your kidneys to produce more urine. Both, along with kale, are great sources of fiber that also provide your body with a wide spectrum of organic vitamins and minerals.
- 8Make a Soylent, Pineapple and Kale smoothie at 145 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with ½ cup of pineapple, 1 frozen banana, a splash of almond milk, a handful of kale, a handful of ice and a splash of lemon juice in a blender. Whirl until smooth. If it seems too thick then add a bit of spring water to thin the mixture. Pineapple contains bromelain, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. The kale in this weight-loss Soylent smoothie contains iron, calcium and magnesium, which supports muscle and brain function and which helps you exercise more efficiently. The banana is a good source of potassium, which helps to reduce bloating around the midriff.
- 9Make a Soylent, Matcha Green Tea and Basil smoothie at 150 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with two heaping tablespoonfuls of matcha green tea with a tablespoon of plain green yogurt, a splash of coconut milk, half of a frozen banana a handful of fresh basil leaves and a cup of ice cubes. Blend it all together until frosty and smooth and serve. Matcha green tea is a very powerful diuretic that reduces bloat and trims inches from around your midriff. Matcha is also very rich in antioxidants that help fight the kind of inflammation that causes metabolic disorders in the body. Basil is a well-known diuretic that also helps you feel more relaxed and less stressed while you are dieting.
- 10Make a Soylent, Cherry and Coffee smoothie at 150 calories per serving. Mix together 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with a cup of frozen pitted sweet cherries, ¼ cup of iced coffee, a splash of almond milk and a cup of ice cubes. Cherries are high in fiber, Vitamin C, iron and folate, which helps your liver and pancreas convert food into fuel instead of fat and helps clear your intestines of mucus and waste.
- 11Make a Soylent, Mocha smoothie at 150 calories per serving. Mix together 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with ¼ cup of iced espresso, a half cup of chocolate flavored almond milk, a dash of cinnamon and a cup of ice cubes. This smoothie is for purists who want the energy boost that comes from mixing the soylent and coffee together. This drink boosts your mood as well as keeps your body fueled for exercise and caffeine is a notable diuretic that helps flush your kidneys of water.
- 12Make a Soylent, Strawberry and Kiwi smoothie at 160 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with the flesh of one kiwi, a cup of frozen strawberries and a splash of lime juice. Add a tablespoon of raw organic honey and a dash of pepper. Blend everything together until smooth. Both the strawberry and the kiwi in this recipe are rich in Vitamin C. Kiwi is also rich in protein and vitamins A, C and E which helps keep you well nourished while dieting. The dash of pepper is a mild digestive stimulant but it also helps bring out the tarter flavor of the strawberries in the drink.
- 13Make a Soylent, Kiwi and Cucumber smoothie at 160 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with half a cup of sliced kiwi, a ½ a cup of chopped cucumber, and a handful of spinach leaves. Add a splash each of lemon and lime juice, a couple of ice cubes and a couple of sprigs of both parsley and basil and a dash of sea salt. Blend everything together until smooth. Both the cucumber and the kiwi in this drink are powerful diuretics that cleanse the bladder and help you shed water weight. Kiwi is also rich in protein and vitamins A, C and E, which assists your cells with efficient cell respiration and helps your skin tighten up after weight loss. The parsley and basil are potent antioxidants and diuretics and both help eliminate excess sodium from the kidneys, which in turn, helps them operate more efficiently so that you do not experience bloating.
- 14Make a Soylent Pina Colada at 160 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, half a cup of frozen pineapple, a cup of coconut milk, a tablespoon of raw coconut flakes, a splash of vanilla and a handful of ice cubes. Blend all of this together to makes a high protein smoothie that is also a potent anti-inflammatory that helps your stomach digest proteins and your joints to recover quickly after exercise. The coconut in this recipe adds essential fatty acids to the mix, which helps support your brain health and inn particular, the health of the pituitary gland, which governs weight loss.
- 15Make A Soylent, Blueberry and Ginger Smoothie at 170 calories per serving. Mix 66 grams (half o a scoop) of soylent powder with one frozen banana, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, a splash of orange juice, 1 heaping teaspoon of ginger, a sprig of tarragon and a handful of ice. Whirl it all together in a blender until frosty and smooth. If it seems too thick you can add a bit of spring water or more orange juice to the mix. Blueberries are rich in healthy antioxidants that keep your cardiovascular system in shape, so that your body has plenty of energy and stamina for exercise.
- 16Make a Soylent, Blackberry and Greek Yogurt smoothie at 175 calories per serving. Combine 66 g of soylent powder, a cup of blackberries, a cup of ice, two tablespoons of Greek yogurt, a dash of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey in a blender. If you like you can also add a handful of mint. Whirl everything together until cold and smooth. Blackberries are rich in antioxidants and help fight the inflammation that causes insulin resistance and bloating and the Greek yogurt supplies your gut with friendly gut bacteria that helps your body digest and metabolize food properly.
- 17Make a Soylent, Banana and Fig smoothie at 180 calories per serving. In a blender, combine ½ cup of Greek yogurt, a small whole frozen banana, 3 whole fresh figs, a handful of ice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Whirl the mixture together until frosty and drinkable. Both the banana and fig are very high in potassium, which helps remedy bloating and swelling in the body. They are also both very high in fiber and help trim your waste by eliminating waste from your digestive system. The Greek yogurt is a potent probiotic that helps balance out your intestinal flora.
- 18Make a Soylent, Strawberry and Peanut Butter Smoothie at 185 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent, ten frozen strawberries, a tablespoon of smooth organic peanut butter, ¼ of a cup of almond milk and a handful of ice cubes. This shake is very high in protein, which makes it ideal to drink just before a workout because it helps build the kind of lean muscles that you need to burn fat. The strawberries in this smoothie are full of fiber and Vitamin C and help to clear waste from the so that the nutrients that you do consume are more efficiently utilized by your body.
- 19Make a Soylent Butterscotch Pudding Smoothie at 190 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, one tablespoon of sugar-free Jell-O Butterscotch pudding mix, one cup of almond milk, a tablespoon of plain Vanilla Greek yogurt and a cup of ice. Whirl all of the ingredients together until cold and creamy and serve. This is a high protein shake that is very tasty and may satisfy a craving for a butterscotch flavored treat that might be much higher in calories. By drinking this smoothie you are avoiding giving into your sweet tooth and you are also boosting your protein intake by consuming the almond milk and yogurt.
- 20Make a Soylent Chocolate Pudding Smoothie at 195 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, one tablespoon of sugar-free Jell-O Chocolate pudding mix, one cup of almond milk, a tablespoon of plain Vanilla Greek yogurt and a cup of ice. Whirl all of the ingredients together until frosty and serve. This is a high protein smoothie that satisfies a craving for a treat that might be much higher in calories. Eating this instead of that treat helps you lose weight and keeps your body fueled with the soy protein in the Soylent powder.
- 21Make a Soylent Vanilla Pudding Smoothie at 195 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, one tablespoon of sugar-free Vanilla chocolate pudding mix, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon of Vanilla Greek yogurt and a cup of ice. Blend it together until smooth and serve. The almond milk and the yogurt in this smoothie make it very rich in protein. If the smoothie is too thick after you blend it, add a little bit of spring water or a bit more almond milk to the mixture.
- 22Make a Soylent Banana Cream Smoothie at 200 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder, one tablespoon of sugar-free Banana pudding mix, one whole frozen banana, 1 cup of almond milk, a cup of ice and a dash of vanilla. Whirl all of the ingredients together to make a creamy treat. If it is too thick, add a bit of spring water or distilled water to the mix to thin it out. This smoothie is very high in protein, which helps build lean muscle so you're your body burns fat, even when you are not moving and at rest.
- 23Make a Soylent, Maple and Banana Smoothie at 200 calories per serving. Mix 66 grams (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with ½ cup of frozen banana, a handful of toasted walnuts, a tablespoon of almond butter, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, a splash of pure vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg and five to six ice cubes. Whirl everything together to make a cold frosty drink. The banana is a source of potassium, which helps support your cardiovascular system and your liver by reducing the amount of sodium in your blood. The almond butter and almond milk are an excellent source of essential fatty acids, which supports both cardiovascular health and proper brain function.
- 24Make a Soylent, Nectarine and Thyme Smoothie at 210 calories per serving. Mix together 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with the flesh of one unpeeled nectarine, a tablespoon of honey, a splash of orange juice, two tablespoons of plain vanilla yogurt, grated lemon zest, one crumbled thyme sprig and a handful of ice cubes. Whirl the mixture together until well blended and garnish with an orange slice and a sprig of thyme. This drink is very rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C. The honey, nectarine and thyme in this smoothie recipe are also very potent anti-inflammatories that help prevent metabolic disorders, edema and the kind of joint pain that keeps you from exercising.
- 25Make a Soylent, Lemon Meringue Smoothie at 220 calories per serving. Add 66 mg (a half of a scoop) of Soylent Powder, a heaping tablespoon of Shirrif Lemon Pie Filling powder, a cup of almond milk, a tablespoon of grated lemon zest, a tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs and a handful of ice. Blend everything together until cold and smooth. There is a great deal of protein in this smoothie, supplied by the Soylent powder and almond milk. The grated lemon zest provides polyphenols that helps fight inflammation and reduce joint pain, so that you are better able to exercise.
- 26Make a Soylent, Tangerine and Banana Smoothie at 240 calories per serving per serving. In a blender, mix 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with two peeled tangerines, a frozen banana, two tablespoons of low-at yogurt, a splash of vanilla and a handful of ice. Whirl it together until smooth. If it is too thick you can add a bit of spring water or almond milk to thin it out a bit. The tangerine is rich in healing vitamin C and the yogurt adds gut-friendly probiotics into the mix, which helps your digestive system absorb nutrients properly. The banana is rich in potassium, which helps rid the blood of excess sodium and supports the health of your kidneys.
- 27Make a Soylent, Chocolate and Mint smoothie at 280 calories per serving. Crush together a cup of ice cubes with a cup of chocolate almond milk, a handful of mint leaves and a dash of cinnamon in a blender and mix until smooth and frosty. Chocolate is a mood elevator that helps keep you cheerful even though you are on a diet and the almond milk supplies your endocrine system and brain with essential fatty acids. Mint is a blood purifiers with polyphenols that give your metabolism a quick boost. The fact that this shake tastes like a chocolate treat can prevent you from succumbing to a craving for a much fattier dessert like a pudding or a cake.
- 28Make a Soylent, Mango and Coconut smoothie at 300 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent, part, ½ cup of frozen mango, ½ cup o frozen banana, ½ cup of coconut milk, a spoonful of yogurt and a handful of ice. Blend until smooth and serve. The mango is very high in Vitamin A, which supports the health of your endocrine system and also supports liver function. The yogurt is a source of probiotics that support your gut health and the coconut milk is a good source of essential fatty acids and protein.
- 29Make a Soylent Mexican Chocolate smoothie at 305 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (1/2 scoop of Soylent powder) with a handful of ice, one cup of coconut milk, one small frozen banana, one tablespoon raw organic cocoa powder, 1 very small minced Serrano chili, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a tablespoon of raw honey. Whirl it all together in a blender until cold and smooth. Cocoa powder supplies anti-aging antioxidants as well as fatty acids that support brain health and the omobrine, which keeps you in a good mood while dieting. The spices and minced red hot pepper help boost your immune system and fight the inflammation that causes metabolic disorders.
- 30Make a Soylent Banana Chai Smoothie at 310 calories per serving. Combine 66 mg (1/2 scoop of Soylent powder) with a handful of ice, a cup of cool black tea, ½ cup vanilla almond milk, ½ cup of rolled oats, 1 small frozen peeled banana and a dash of cinnamon, ground ginger, cardamom and cloves. Process until smooth and frosty. Black tea is a diuretic that reduces bloating from water retention and the spices help stimulate your circulation.
- 31Make a Soylent Peppermint Patty smoothie at 320 calories per serving. Add to a blender, 3 squares of unsweetened chocolate, one tablespoon of pure virgin coconut oil, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, a heaping tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut, a handful of fresh mint leaves, two drops of organic mint extract, one small frozen banana and five ice cubes. The coconut oil is an excellent source of healthy long chain fatty acids that help keep the brain, hair and skin healthy, even if you are on a limited calorie diet. The chocolate has theobromine in it, which helps stimulate endorphins and keep you in a light and happy mood while dieting.
- 32Make a Soylent, Pumpkin and Oatmeal Smoothie at 320 calories per serving. In a blender, combine 66 mg (half of a scoop) of Soylent powder with ¼ cup of soaked oatmeal flakes, 2 tablespoons of unsweetened pumpkin puree, a tablespoon of black molasses, a splash of orange juice, a splash of almond milk and a dash each of vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Blend until smooth and serve. The pumpkin in this smoothie is very high in Vitamin A and fiber, which supports the health of your entire digestive system. The black molasses are a great source of iron and folate, which supports the health of your cardiovascular system and liver. The almonds add additional protein and the spices help stimulate the circulation, which in turn encourages the body to flush itself of toxins.
- 33Make a Soylent, Strawberry and Beet Smoothie at 350 calories per serving. Add one 66 mg of Soylent powder (half of a scoop) with ½ cup of frozen beets, ½ cup of frozen strawberries, a tablespoon of fat-free yogurt, a splash of almond milk and a handful of ice cubes to a blender. Whirl this all together to make a frosty drink that is very high in iron, folate, Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which are all metabolism-boosting goods. This smoothie is good as a replacement diet meal for supper or as mid-afternoon pick-me up because the natural sugars in the beets provide fuel for your mind and body.
- 34Make a Soylent Strawberry Cream Cheese Smoothie at 380 calories per serving. Blend together 66 mg of Soylent powder, a cup of frozen strawberries two ounces of low-fat cream cheese, a cup of ice, a cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk and a ¼ cup of graham cracker crumbs in a blender. Whirl all of the ingredients together until smooth and creamy. If you feel that the smoothie needs to be a bit sweeter, as might be the case if you are using tarter strawberries. This smoothie is very high in protein and vitamin C and the almond milk supplies ample amounts of protein and essential fatty acids. The graham cracker crumbs sweeten the drink and are also a low fat source of fiber and energy. This is the type of smoothie that is ideal to consume if you are trying to build more fat-burning muscle during exercise.
- 35Make a Soylent Cake Batter Smoothie at 580 calories per serving. This particular smoothie was designed by weight builders who wanted to build lean muscle to burn more fat. Mix together 66 mg Soylent Powder, 66 mg Vanilla Flavored pure Whey protein, 1 cup of oats, a tablespoon of phylum powder, a dash of table salt and a teaspoon of rapeseed oil. Blend everything together with a cup of ice to make a very thick shake that tastes like cake batter. The oats and phylum husks in this smoothie make it very high in fiber and help to clean out your intestines and help trim inches from your waist. This is the kind of shake that is designed to keep you on track by fueling you with the calories needed to exercise, even if your entire diet consists of drinking only soylent.
Method 3: By Adding Soylent Powder to Your Daily Diet
You can also lose weight by adding Soylent to your daily diet or by using in it in recipes, because you are often replacing fat, sodium and calories with Soylent, which is the better option.
- 1To lose weight, add part of your Soylent allotment for the day to your morning coffee or tea. Add as much mixed liquid soylent to your coffee as you would cream or milk. You can go as far as mixing one part coffee to one part Soylent mix and still have it taste good. This prevents you from using a high fat cream or sugar in your coffee and the mix of caffeine and vitamins together gives you a real energy boost. You can also enjoy this drink cold or whipped into a frosty by blending it with a cup of ice.
Tips and Tricks
- Soylent also sells it's own coffee and Soylent blend called Coffiest
- If you are allergic to soy this is probably not the diet for you as the soylent powder is made from soy protein
- If your body bloats, itches or reacts in any way to sucralose, then you will want to stay away from making the Soylent powder smoothies that use Jell-O brand sugar-free pudding mix
- Soylent has been known to cause excessive flatulence in some individuals
- The cost of Soylent powder amounts to being about $8.00 a day, which for many people is a substantial saving on groceries
- If you do not want to go to the bother of mixing up the powder every day you can order 12 bottle pre-mixed bottles of Drink for 32.30 a month, which is more expensive than making it yourself.
There is no user reviews.