Lose Weight with Peppermint Essential Oil With Aromatherapy vs By Using It Topically vs By Taking It Internally ... and 1 more
Edited by Donna, Eng, Alma
Peppermint essential oil, when consumed, applied to points on your skin, or dispersed through the air can help you lose pounds and inches because:
- It has constituents that inhibit hunger and cravings, which helps the dieter eat less and causes weight loss, which in turn reduces your carbohydrate intake and causes weight loss
- It clears the head and helps to alleviate the lack of focus and brain fog that can sometimes be part of dieting
- It triggers the release of brain chemicals that help increase your endurance so that you can exercise longer and this allows you to expend more calories
- Peppermint oil can help alleviate muscle pain, which allows you to work out for a longer period of time
- Peppermint oil contains menthol, which helps you digest food and eliminate waste by triggering peristalsis
- The menthol in peppermint oil also dissolves gas, which makes you appear less bloated and makes your tummy look flatter
- It increases the flow of bile, which helps food to pass through your body faster and resist weight gain
- It makes you feel calmer and can help relieve any headaches associated with the detoxification that is sometimes associated with staying on a low-calorie diet
Method 1: With Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy entails that the essential oil is inhaled so that the molecules in the oil can enter the bloodstream producing positive actions in the brain. This, in turn, encourages positive actions to occur elsewhere in the body. It is recommended that you experience a topical inhalation or application of the oil every two hours.
Note that essential oil diffusers come in two main styles:
- drops of the essential oil of peppermint are applied to a small square cotton pad and inserted into the unit so that the steam can permeate through it
- a diffuser is filled with a required amount of distilled water and the oil is then added to it.
Essential oil of peppermint can be diffused in the following ways:
- 1Pour 5-8 drops of the essential oil on a tissue or square of cotton material and inhale the fragrance deeply at least once an hour. Keep the cloth or tissue with you so that you experience continual whiffs of the oil. Refresh the hanky or tissue by applying a few more drops of oil to it as needed. Sniffing peppermint oil every two hours is supposed to accomplish weight loss.Advertisement
- 2Load an essential oil diffuser with at least ten drops of peppermint essential oil. Some people are quite sensitive to menthol and if you find your eyes watering or find yourself coughing, and then you might want to use less of the oil. It is fine to use about five drops but the more that you use Some individuals can handle as much as 40 drops in a small diffusor without suffering nasal irrigation or watering eyes.Advertisement
- 3Fill a cool steam or hot steam vaporizer with up to 30 drops of essential of oil of peppermint with at least eight cups of vapor distilled water and keep the unit running all day. Place the unit close to you to make sure you are breathing in the aroma. If you have a choice in the matter, try to use a cold vaporizer as heat can affect some of the healing qualities of the essential oil. If you use a hot vaporizer, the oil will be more quickly dispersed and also possibly lose some of its healing qualities.
- 4Burn about 30 drops of the peppermint essential oil in an essential oil burner to distribute the oil's molecules the atmosphere. Note that this is the least effective way to distribute the scent through the air because the heat from the candle can fry the oil a bit and reduce the effectiveness of the oil's healing constituents.
- 5Mix about forty drops of peppermint essential oil in about ten ounces of water and mist your clothing with the oil so that the healing scent is always with you. Keep in mind that if you spray bedclothes or linen with it, you might be kept awake at night, because peppermint oil is extremely stimulating and can even keep you awake.
Method 2: By Using It Topically
One of the best ways to use essential oil of peppermint for weight loss is to blend it with four parts of fractionated coconut oil to one part of peppermint oil and apply it to your body. Note that when applying peppermint oil to your skin it is very important to keep peppermint oil away from:
- Your eyes and eyelids
- Your ear canal,
- Lips and inner lips
- In your underarms
- Genital area
- In your groin area
Be careful when applying peppermint oil to the feet, especially the soles of the feet as some people experience an overload, to the extent that they can taste the peppermint in their mouth, even though they have not actually ingested any oil.
You can then apply the diluted peppermint essential oil (four parts oil to one part essential oil) to the following areas of the body:
- The temples (being very careful not to get it in your eyes or ears)
- The back of the neck
- On the belly area just below the rib cage
- On the length of the arm down to the wrists
- In the center of your palm
- On either side of the outside of your knees
- On either side of the ankle joint
- Anywhere on the top of your foot
- Anywhere on your toes or between the toes
It is best not to apply the oil to any other area of the body, even if it is diluted. If at any point you feel tingling, itching, numbness, or experience swelling or red patches on your skin stop the application of the treatment immediately and rinse it off of your skin
To achieve weight loss by applying the peppermint oil topically, try the following:
- 1Rub one part of essential oil of peppermint mixed with fractionated coconut oil and rub it into your skin. The points on your skin that are recommended for application are described above along with the areas of the body to avoid.Advertisement
- 2Add two or three drops of peppermint oil to an ounce of unscented lotion or moisturizer and then apply it anywhere that you want on your skin. If you ever feel a burning sensation or tingling on your skin at any time during the application, it means that you have mixed too much of the peppermint oil into the lotion or cream. #Add thirty to forty drops of the diluted essential oil to a bathtub of warm water. Putting peppermint oil straight into the bath water is not recommended as it may irritate the skin and the vapors may be overwhelming on the eyes and nostrils. Make sure the peppermint oil is diluted in a carrier oil or in a cup of glycerin soap that you can disperse throughout the bath. Immerse yourself fully in the peppermint essential oil weight loss bath for at least twenty minutes to encourage weight loss.
- 3Make a peppermint oil compress by soaking a towel or cloth in a sink or pail or water that has fifteen to twenty drops of essential oil of peppermint in it. Apply the compress over the belly area or behind the back of the neck. You can use a cold or lukewarm compress for this. Avoid hot steaming clothes, as the heat from them, can accentuate the oily heat of the peppermint oil and potentially cause reddening or burning of the skin.
Method 3: By Taking It Internally
Peppermint essential oil can taste very strong, so be sure to use a drop or less in beverages and food. Taking too much can affect your taste and sense of smell, cause sweating and cause sudden bowel movements so be cautious when you add it to food.
It is also imperative that you buy peppermint essential oil that is identified as food grade in quality. Be very wary of oils that are not labeled with this designation because they could contain chemicals and other oils that are not meant for ingestion.
Here are some ways to add peppermint essential oil to your diet to facilitate weight loss.
- 1Add one drop of essential oil of peppermint to a glass of vapor-distilled water and drink a glass of it in the morning. This is the best way to If you find that taking a drop of essential oil internally is too much for you, simply dip the tip of a toothpick into the peppermint oil vial and then swirl it around in the glass of water. If vapor-distilled water is not available, you can also use distilled water for this purpose.
Method 4: With Essential Oil of Peppermint Weight Loss Blends
Peppermint oil can be mixed with other oils that facilitate weight loss and rubbed on the skin to encourage weight loss. Here are some recipes to optimize your weight-loss efforts.
- 1Create a Peppermint Epsom Salt Shower Scrub. Mix half a cup of almond oil with a cup of Epsom salts and two drops of peppermint oil. Once you are in the shower, use your hands or a washcloth to scrub your body in the places where there is cellulite.
- 2Create a Peppermint Fat-Reducing massage oil. In a half of cup of jojoba or almond oil, mix together 5 drops of peppermint oil with 3 drops of lemon oil and 3 drops of lavender oil. Massage this oil into your belly, thighs, upper arms and other areas of your body that need a reduction in fat. The lemon and lavender oils are soothing blood-cleansing oils that work synergistically with the snappy scent of the peppermint to help you lose weight. You can also omit the carrier oil from this recipe and use the blend directly in your diffusor as an inhalant.
- 3Create a Grape Peppermint Anti-Cellulite massage oil. In a half-cup of almond or jojoba oil, combine 5 drops of peppermint oil with 3 drops of peppermint oil and 3 drops of ginger oil. Rub this weight loss lotion into the areas of your body that have cellulite. Peppermint oil and peppermint oil are both very stimulating to the circulation, which can help facilitate weight loss. You can also omit the carrier oil from this recipe and use the blend directly in your diffusor as an inhalant.
- 4Make a Mood-Elevating Peppermint Room Spray. Mix four drops of peppermint oil with four drops of tangerine oil in eight ounces of water that is in a spray bottle. Add a dash of vanilla extract to the mix as well if you like. Use this as a room and clothing mist. The peppermint oil facilitates weight loss and the vanilla and orange oils help keep you in a good mood.
Tips and Tricks
- If you are uncertain about whether or not you can take an essential oil internally because it is not marked as food grade essential oil of peppermint, then do not take any risks by taking it internally
- Be sure to buy a high-quality, organic essential oil and stay away from commercial oil blends that might be cut with petrochemicals or other additives
- Oil diffusers can be found at appliance stores, health food stores and specialty stores such as Saje or Whole foods
- The best quality diffusers emit a cool stream of fanning vapor and are electronic and do not require the use of a pad or even distilled water, such as the ones sold at [http:www.saje.com/ca/diffusers-ultrasonics/ Saje]
- You can disperse the peppermint scent through a car by placing it on cotton balls or tissues, which are then placed in the interior air vents
- A drop or two of peppermint essential oil can be placed on a dryer sheet and put in the dryer to give your clothing the peppermint scent but this is not necessarily an aroma that everyone wants all over their clothes as it can smell quite a bit like chewing gum