Lose Weight with Mulberries By Drinking Mulberry Leaf Tea vs Adding Mulberries to Your Diet
Edited by Donna, Eng
Mulberries come in both red and white varieties and resemble a smaller raspberry. The leaf of either variety is also used as a weight loss tea. They taste a like a raspberry. White mulberries taste like a cross between a raspberry and a fig. You can buy them fresh, dried or frozen and you can buy the leaves, dried, to make a weight loss tea.
Mulberries and their leaves assist with weight loss because:
- Mulberries contain four grams of absolutely fat-free protein in just 1/3 cup, making them a superb choice of a snack for dieters
- The amino acids in all types of mulberries help your body build lean muscle mass, which in turn helps your body to burn off calories, even while your body is at rest
- The phenols in the fruit, particularly white mulberries, help to fortify and rejuvenate the cardiovascular system, which in turn helps you to exercise for longer an lose weight
- Both dried and fresh mulberries contain 20% of the recommended Daily allowance or fiber, which makes them a natural carbohydrate blocker and helps to detoxify your digestive system
- Mulberries are very rich in Vitamin A, which helps promote the health of your liver, which in turn helps with weight loss
- They contain Vitamin B1 and B2, which naturally give your metabolism a boost and help keep you in a good mood while you are dieting
- The high Vitamin C content and bioflavonoids in all varieties mulberries reduces inflammation all over the body, which in turn promotes weight loss
- Mulberry leaves contain a compound called 1-deosynoirimycin (DNJ), which is a natural carb blocker that prevents weight gain by preventing 25% of the sugar that you consume from being absorbed into the bloodstream
- Mulberry leaves are a natural diuretic, which helps to flush fat from your tissues and helps you to look slimmer, especially in the abdominal area
- Both the tea and the berries are rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, which are minerals that promote weight loss by supporting the thyroid and all of the organs related to the health of your immune system and endocrine system
- The antioxidants in mulberries and mulberry leaves help dieter maintain their brain health and stay young physically in all ways
Method 1: By Drinking Mulberry Leaf Tea
Mulberry tea is a nutritious and natural carbohydrate blocker, that works most effectively if you take it while also eating sensibly and living a healthy, active lifestyle.
- 2Brew the tea as directed on the package and drink at least six ounces a half an hour before every meal. Typically mulberry tea leaves take about fifteen minutes to brew once boiling water is poured over them. The natural carb-blockers in the tea will prevent weight gain by blocking the starches in the meal you are about to consume. The tea can be consumed hot or cold and you can also consume it as many times as you want during the day instead of colas or juices to further accelerate your weight loss.Advertisement
Method 2: By Adding Mulberries to Your Diet
- 1Eat dried or raw red or white mulberries as a snack. Note that dried fruit of the white variety, contains much less sugar than other types of dried fruit and therefore is a great option for snacking, while at the same time proving you with four grams of solid protein. Raw mulberries also go very well with cheese, especially soft cheeses like brie or Camembert.Advertisement
- 4Make a mulberry smoothie. This works best if you have frozen or fresh berries on hand. Add half of a cup of mulberries to a cup of vanilla almond milk, a cup of ice, a teaspoon of honey or stevia, a couple of mint leaves, a dash of cinnamon and whirl it all together in a blender to make a frosty drink. This smoothie is perfect for breakfast or before a workout as it is loaded with protein and vitamins and the cinnamon is a fat-burning spice.
- 6Add mulberries, dried or raw, to any type of baked good. You can use the mulberry like any other type of berry, adding it to muffins, pies, loaves and cookies. Keep in mind that the more the mulberry is cooked, the more likely it's Vitamin C content is to be destroyed by the cooking process, so it is best to use the berry raw whenever possible. An example of this would be to fill a tart crust with Greek yogurt and then top it with raw mulberries.
- 7Make raw mulberry preserves to serve with toast or pancakes or to stir into yogurt. Bring two cups of fresh or frozen mulberries and one tablespoon of water to simmer in a pot over low heat. Add a tablespoon of sugar and tablespoon of pectin to the mix. If you like a sweeter jam, you can also add a tablespoon of grated orange peel and a tablespoon of orange juice. Let cool and the preserves will naturally thicken. Let cool and spoon into jars. You can eat these preserves with white meats such as turkey or pork.
- 11Make a gourmet Mulberry granite. In a measuring cup combine two tablespoons of liquid honey with one cup of warmed spring water and stir until the two ingredients are integrated. Combine frozen white or mulberries, the honey water, two cups of white mulberries and 1 116-ounce bottle of champagne or sparkling wine into a loaf pan. Freeze the mixture for four hours, taking it out every half hour to stir the ice chunks. When complete, the dessert will have a gravelly texture that can be fluffed with a fork and served in dessert bowls.
- 12Make Mulberry Champagne cocktail. You can use white or red mulberries for this purpose. Fill a champagne glass with five or six frozen mulberries and fill the glass to brim with a sparkling wine or champagne.
Tips and Tricks
- Consult with a doctor before drinking mulberry tea as it is not suitable for pregnant or pregnant women and people with certain health conditions or who are on potassium-rich medications
- If you are a dieting vegetarian, mulberries can be a fat-free and guilt-free source of protein
- If you already suffer from low-blood sugar or dramatic blood sugar swings, be aware that mulberry tea can lower it even further and cause you to feel dizzy or faint
- The high potassium content in mulberry tea may make some kidney disorders worse
- Some people are allergic to mulberry leaf and if you begin to wheeze, exhibit hives or experience a racing heart, go to the emergency department of a hospital right away.
- As mulberry tea is a diuretic, it is a good idea to drink at least eight cups of water a day to keep yourself hydrated
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Donna