Lose Weight with Kiwi
Edited by Donna, Eng, VC
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Kiwis
The kiwi fruit facilitates weight loss because:
- It is a filling food that acts as a safe natural appetite suppressant
- People who consume kiwi fruit for a month can lower their blood triglyceride levels by 15%
- It is a very high source of fiber that slows down sugars entering the blood stream thereby preventing insulin resistance and helping sweep debris and toxins out of the intestines.
- It is extremely high in Vitamin C and Vitamin K (more than an orange), which facilitates overall good health and prevents the flu and colds that can occur in people who over-exercise or who are on low calorie diets
- It is a rare vegan source of folate, which helps dieters absorb B vitamins and iron
- It is a rich source of vitamin E, which helps skin that has gone flabby to bounce back after weight loss
- It contains phytonutrients that prevent asthma attacks, allowing asthmatic dieters to work out, walk or jog longer
- It is a water-soluble antioxidant that helps reduce the inflammation caused by diseases that can prevent exercise such as arthritis, rheumatism and diabetes
Lose Weight On The Kiwi Fruit Diet
- 4The more kiwis that you eat, the more weight you will lose.Add kiwi to your diet in additional ways throughout the day, outlined as below in additional ways to add Kiwi to your diet.
Additional Ways to Add Kiwi Fruit to Your Diet
- 1Kiwis add body and a pleasant strawberry like taste to any smoothie. Kiwi also goes with cocoa or chocolate flavors, ginger, apple and banana.Add kiwi fruit to smoothies.
Tips and Tricks
- Do not refrigerate or cook kiwis or you risk destroying their Vitamin C content; they are best eaten at room temperature
- Never sprinkle kiwis with sugar as that would defeat the purpose of losing weight; if you do not find the fruit sweet enough then use a bit o Xylitol or Stevia as a sweetener
- You can realistically expect to lose a pound a week eating kiwi and nothing else in the morning.