Lose Weight with Kiwi
Edited by Donna, Eng, VC
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Kiwis
The kiwi fruit facilitates weight loss because:
- It is a filling food that acts as a safe natural appetite suppressant
- People who consume kiwi fruit for a month can lower their blood triglyceride levels by 15%
- It is a very high source of fiber that slows down sugars entering the blood stream thereby preventing insulin resistance and helping sweep debris and toxins out of the intestines.
- It is extremely high in Vitamin C and Vitamin K (more than an orange), which facilitates overall good health and prevents the flu and colds that can occur in people who over-exercise or who are on low calorie diets
- It is a rare vegan source of folate, which helps dieters absorb B vitamins and iron
- It is a rich source of vitamin E, which helps skin that has gone flabby to bounce back after weight loss
- It contains phytonutrients that prevent asthma attacks, allowing asthmatic dieters to work out, walk or jog longer
- It is a water-soluble antioxidant that helps reduce the inflammation caused by diseases that can prevent exercise such as arthritis, rheumatism and diabetes
An orange and a kiwi have the same amount of Vitamin C.
Lose Weight On The Kiwi Fruit Diet
Select kiwifruits that yield a bit to pressure from the fingertips when squeezed. Do not use soft, bruised or shriveled fruit. The inside should be a bright emerald green and have a creamy consistency. Both smooth-skinned and furry skinned varieties of kiwi are good for weight loss.
Kiwis in a market place.
Eat three medium-sized sliced kiwis first thing in the morning instead of your usual breakfast. Kiwis have nearly a full amino acid profile, which makes you feel clear and focused. You won't feel hungry because they are full of fiber. For an extra boost of fiber, eat the skin of the kiwi as well.
Replace your usual breakfast with sliced kiwis every morning to lose weight.
Drink 8-16 ounces of room temperature water in the morning along with the kiwis. The room temperature water enables the soluble fiber to absorb toxins from the intestines. The kiwi matter swells up and makes you feel fuller.
Drink a glass of room temperature water with your kiwis to lose weight.
Add kiwi to your diet in additional ways throughout the day, outlined as below in additional ways to add Kiwi to your diet. The more kiwis that you eat, the more weight you will lose.
Do not eat anything for four hours before you go to bed. This is to prevent you from feeling full at breakfast time the next day and not eating your kiwis.
Eating before you go to bed can negate the good effects of the kiwi diet.
Additional Ways to Add Kiwi Fruit to Your Diet
Add kiwi fruit to smoothies. Kiwis add body and a pleasant strawberry like taste to any smoothie. Kiwi also goes with cocoa or chocolate flavors, ginger, apple and banana.
A kiwi strawberry smoothie.
Make a Kiwi-Spinach green drink. Add two handfuls of spinach, two kiwis and a large frozen banana into a blender and mix until smooth enough to drink.
A kiwi spinach green drink,
Make a Kiwi-Jasmine Green Tea summer punch. To make a jug, mix the pulp of three pureed kiwis with six to eight cups of brewed Jasmine Green tea. Add a pinch of stevia sweetener or Truvia and garnish with strawberries, lemon and kiwi slices.
A glass of Jasmine Green Tea Kiwi punch.
Add sliced kiwis to any fruit salad. Kiwi goes especially well with strawberries or bananas. Be sure to add kiwi last when adding to salads because they can soften other fruits.
Kiwi goes well in a fruit salad.
Mixed sliced kiwi fruit with yogurt for a healthy treat. Use Vanilla Greek yogurt to achieve a dessert-like taste.
Kiwi fruit and Greek yogurt makes a great dessert.
Use kiwi fruit as a fruit puree. Puree three kiwi fruit in a blender and use as a sauce that can be poured directly over fish, fruit or cheesecakes.
Kiwi puree can be used as a condiment or poured over desserts.
Make a kiwi-pineapple chutney. Blend together one kiwifruit, one small orange and a pineapple wedge in a blender. This chutney goes well with fish, chicken or pork.
Kiwi pineapple chutney goes well with fish and meat.
Make a kiwi salad dressing. Brown chopped onion and raw chopped garlic in olive oil for three minutes and then ad it to a food processor. Add the pulp of two kiwis, two mandarin oranges along with ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. This dressing goes particularly well on Southwestern style chicken salads and taco salads.
Kiwi salad dressing is like a tart Green Goddess style dressing.
Make kiwi guacamole. Blend the flesh of two ripe avocados with two ripe avocados, ½ of red Spanish onion, 1 jalapeno peppers, 1 ripe green or red tomato, 2 tablespoons of sea salt, one clove of grated garlic and a 1 tablespoon of salt.
Kiwi guacomole cn be made with red or green tomatoes.
Make a raw, vegan Kiwi-Cantalope Summer Soup. Blend chopped kiwi and cantaloupe chunks together in a blender with a handful of ice cubes to make a chilling and tasty appetizer.
Make guacamole tuna salad. Mix one drained can of tuna in water, three tablespoons mashed guacamole, a half a teaspoon of your favorite mustard, one finely diced small dill pickle, one finely diced carrot and one finely chopped celery stick. Mix together and serve as is on a lettuce leaf or in a wrap.
Use sliced kiwi coins as a garnish for desserts. Kiwis make a pretty garnish for tarts, puddings or any low-fat dessert.They are commonly used to top cheesecakes.
Kiwi is often used as a garnish for tarts.
Suspend sliced kiwi in gelatin desserts. Line a mold with sliced coins of peeled kiwi before pouring in Jell-O to set.
Raw kiwi in gelatin is a healthy low-calorie dessert.
Make Chocolate Covered Kiwi bites. Chop kiwi fruit into bite sized pieces and chill them for an hour. Melt 3/4 cup coconut oil, ¼ cup Truvia,1/2 of a teaspoon real vanilla extract and one cup of sugar-free cocoa or chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler. Dip the kiwi fruit pieces in the melted chocolate on a chilled metal tray.. The chocolate will solidify. Be sure to eat these immediately for best results.
Make a Kiwi Mint Julep. Blend together two peeled kiwis, the fruit of one whole lime a teaspoon of stevia or sugar, two tablespoons chopped mint and two ounces of bourbon for an interesting variation on a classic Southern cocktail.
A Kiwi Mint Julep is a nice twist on a Southern favorite.
Tips and Tricks
Kiwi is best served at room temperature.
- Do not refrigerate or cook kiwis or you risk destroying their Vitamin C content; they are best eaten at room temperature
- Never sprinkle kiwis with sugar as that would defeat the purpose of losing weight; if you do not find the fruit sweet enough then use a bit o Xylitol or Stevia as a sweetener
- You can realistically expect to lose a pound a week eating kiwi and nothing else in the morning.
There is no user reviews.
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna