Lose Weight with Cherries
Edited by Donna, Eng, Doug Collins
The Benefits of Eating Cherries to Lose Weight
Cherries are a filling, nutritious food that can help you lose weight.
Cherries assist with weight loss because:
- Cherries are an excellent source of fiber that helps clear out and heal the intestines so that weight loss is possible
- Cherries help clear uric acid from joints and reduce inflammation so it is easier to exercise and they are particularly helpful when for people who are sedentary because they suffer from painful gout or a fatty liver
- Cherries contain flavonoids that prevent the accumulation of bad cholesterol in the arteries
- They contain a rare flavonoid called B17 that miraculously resists inflammation and helps your body recover from exercise
- They are very rich in both Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which helps those with autoimmune diseases such as rheumatism or insulin resistance fight symptoms that can prevent them from exercising
- Cherries also contain iron, calcium and boron, which are minerals that help nourish blood and bone health and also help you feel more relaxed so that you sleep well
- This is a fruit very rich in the mineral potassium, which helps your body stay hydrated so that it can detoxify and repair itself easily
How to Lose Weight Eating Cherries
You should lose at least two pounds a week dieting with cherries.
Make a plan to eat 500 calories less than you do every day
This, along with the cleansing action of eating a lot of cherries, should help you lose two pounds a week.
You can lose at least two pounds a week by eating cherries.
Eat fifteen raw cherries three times a day with a big glass of ice water
This is the equivalent of a cup of cherries. The water helps fill you up along with the cherries. A cup of cherries is between 78 and 97 calories and contains 3 grams of fiber. . If possible substitute a meal, like lunch with the ten cherries.
The fiber in raw cherries can help you lose weight.
Eat a good healthy source of low-fat protein every day
Steak, chicken, turkey, eggs and fish are the preferred animal sources of protein that you should eat every day to ensure that you are getting enough B12. This is also necessary because cherries contain almost no protein.
Eating steak ensure that you get enough protein while you are on this cherry weigt loss diet
Eat vegetables, lettuces, nuts and seeds and avoid bread, potatoes and pasta
Trading in starchy foods for high fiber low glycemic ones will help you peel off the pounds.
Substitute Truvia or Stevia instead. You will be eating enough sugar in the form of fructose on a daily basis as you consume the cherries. A cup of cherries is about ten grams of sugar.
Go for a one hour walk every day
This is a gentle easy way to get the pounds off. Bring some cherries along for a high-fiber snack and bring a bottle of water along to drink.
Going for a daily walk helps keep the weight off.
Do circuit training or weight lifting three times a week for an hour
Cherries are a food that helps build lean muscle and the more lean muscle you have on you, the more weight you will lose.
Weight loss is accelerated if you lift free weights.
Get enough sleep at night
A body that is trying to cleanse and repair itself requires at least eight hours of sleep a night. Consuming black cherries before you go to bed at night is helpful because they are a natural source of melatonin.
Getting enough rest and relaxation helps lose the weight.
Additional Ways to Add Raw Cherries to Your Diet
It is best to eat raw or frozen cherries, as the antioxidants and Vitamin C in cherries are destroyed by heat.
Take a tablespoon of liquid cherry extract three times a day
This may be more convenient and less expensive then eating thirty cherries a day. If obesity, fatty liver or gout is an issue than liquid cherry extract can be very effective.
Drinking cherry extract or concentrate is an expedient way to experience weight loss benefits
Make frozen cherry limeade frosty
Simply whirl a half-cup of frozen cherries, a couple of ice cubes, two teaspoons of fresh juice and a teaspoon of Truvia and blend well. Pour into a tall glass and serve. This smoothie is very rich in cell-repairing Vitamin C.
Make a Raw Cherry and Rice Milk soda
Mix a handful of pitted frozen cherries with a cup of rice milk in a tall ice filled glass. Top off with club soda to make a pink Japanese style weight loss beverage.
A cherry and rice milk smoothie is a delicious, nutritious, low-calorie creation,,
Make a chocolate cherry smoothie
Blend 1-cup vanilla almond milk with one cup frozen dark cherries, two tablespoons of raw cacao powder and a touch of Truvia to taste. This is a good drink to have before a work out because the protein in the nut milk and the sugars in the cherries will help fuel your efforts.
A chocolate cerry smoothie is a nutritious desert drink.
Have Chia and Cherries for breakfast
Slice 8 -10 pitted cherries into a bowl. Blend together, in a blender 1/3 of a cup of soaked chia seeds, ½ cup of almonds, 1 cup pitted dates, two tablespoons of orange juice and a splash of pure vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is a chunky paste and spoon over the cherries. Refrigerate for up until three days and eat for breakfast. Enjoy with an ounce of almond or coconut milk. This breakfast offers all the nutrients that you need to fuel your day and the high fiber and high protein content helps combat mid-morning cravings.
Cherries with granola is a good way to start off the day.
Cherry salsa is a foodie favorite that offers the benefits of cherries along with the anti-inflammatory benefits of onions, garlic and tomatoes. To make the salsa, which can be used in tacos, wraps and as a dip for vegetables and chip, roughly chop up 1 pint of black bing cherries and combined with chopped red onion, 2 large cloves of garlic, lemon juice and a handful of cilantro and mix it all together. You can also add four chopped up tomatoes and a bit of virgin olive oil to taste.
Black Bing cherries go best in salsa.
Tips and Tricks
Yellow cherries are just as nutritious as red or black ones.
- Both sweet and tart cherries contain nutrients that assist with weight loss
- Yellow cherries have a bit more Vitamin A than red ones
- Black cherries, also known as Bing cherries have more sugar and more antioxidants than other types
- Eating sour cherries may help with the loss of abdominal fat
- Juicing cherries is nutritious, but not recommended because the action of juicing turns it into a high glycemic food that speeds fruit sugars to your blood stream and causes weight gain
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna