Lose Weight with Blueberries On The Blueberry Diet vs By Adding More Blueberries to Your Daily Diet vs With a Blueberry Fast
Edited by Donna, Eng
Weight Loss and Other Benefits of Eating Blueberries
Blueberries enable weight loss because:
- They contain hundreds of phytonutrients and phytochemicals that are anti-aging and keep your body working in tip-top shape so that it can easily detoxify and repair itself after a workout
- Blueberries are considered to be a low-glycemic food, which means that eating them should not provoke insulin resistant reactions and consequent weight gain
- Blueberries are very rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin K, which helps those suffering from auto-immune diseases that cause weight gain, such as arthritis or diabetes, suffer from less joint pain so that they are able to exercise more often
- Blueberries contain a substantial amount of manganese, which helps regulate blood sugar levels
- The antioxidants in blueberries improve nerve damage, cognition and mood, thus inspiring overweight or sick individuals to exercise more
- There are four grams of fiber in blueberries, which helps detoxify the digestive system and eliminate body fat
- Blueberries are a filling fruit, with only 57 calories, and a cup of blueberries can help you feel full and also act as a meal replacement diet strategy.
- Blueberries are rich in B6 helps keep the pituitary and thyroid glands working and well and converting ingested calories into fuel instead of fat
- Blueberries are high in potassium, which is mildly diuretic and helps reduce belly fat
Method 1: On The Blueberry Diet
You can expect a weight loss two pounds a week on the blueberry diet, which works because you are replacing two meal a day with a cup blueberries and a big glass of water. You can stay on this calorie-restricted diet without risking health problems for six weeks.
- 1Make a plan to eat 500 - 800 calories less than you do every day. This, along with replacing one meal a day with just the blueberries slices should help you lose weight. There is only 57 calories in a cup of blueberries but the feeling of fullness they supply is enough to sustain most people throughout the day.Advertisement
- 2Buy several pints of fresh blueberries, preferably organic at your market. Try to avoid buying blueberries treated with pesticides, as that is quite common with this super fruit. Choose firm, uniform blueberries with a bit of a white blush to them. Do not buy wet blueberries and check the bottom of the container for mold. Remove any broken or moldy blueberries from the bottom of the container as they will spoil the rest.Advertisement
- 3Replace one to two meals every day with one cup of blueberries and an 8-ounce glass of water. You can split this cup of blueberries a day into a meal a meal and a snack if you find that skipping two meals is hard for year. Drinking water with the blueberries helps the pectin and fiber swell in the intestines so that the blueberries works effectively as a carbohydrate blocker. You can also eat your blueberries with a bit of almond milk, or coconut milk on them. Avoid using dairy or you will be adding to much sugar to the replacement meal and risk possible weight gain.
- 5For dinner eat four to six ounces of protein with a salad. If you are replacing two meals with fruit then you can eat as much as 10 ounces of a high-quality protein. Turkey, chicken, fish, lamb, steak and shellfish are good choices. The salad can be made with any vegetables you want, but stay away from high-fat or creamy dressings and stick to very simple oil and vinegar dressings or fruit and vinegar dressings.
- 6Avoid eating all foods that are white. This means avoiding all sugars and starches including sugar, pasta, refined breads, potatoes and dairy. These foods will sabotage your weight loss goals because they cause you to gain weight. Instead eat nuts, seeds and low-glycemic carbs such as zucchini to satisfy carb cravings.
Method 2: By Adding More Blueberries to Your Daily Diet
Frozen blueberries work as well as raw ones for any recipe. They do not lose their anthocyanins, which are powerful antioxidants that help with weight loss, when they are in the freezer for up to three months. However it is always best to use raw blueberries whenever possible as cooking them lowers the availability of Vitamin C and E, as well as the antioxidants in the fruit. Whenever possible, eat them raw.
- 3Make a Blueberry Mint Iced Tea. Brew four to five cups of your favorite green, orange or black of tea and add a pitcher half full of ice. Then add 2 cups of blueberry juice or pureed, a cup of lemon juice, a tablespoon of Truvia and a handful of mint. Chill for two hours, stir well and serve over ice with blueberries and lemons as a garnish.
- 7Make a Mint-Blueberry Fizz. Fill a glass with ice-cubes and 2 ounces of fresh blueberry juice or pureed blueberries. Top with sparkling water and serve with lemon, lime and a handful of whole blueberries added for visual interest. If a bit more sweetness is required, add a touch of orange juice or a bit of Truvia Sweetener. Add a bit of gin or rose gin to turn this into a tasty low-cal cocktail.
Tips and Tricks
- Eating blueberries is beneficial for those who suffer from Type 2 Diabetes and may help them reduce abdominal fat
- For a change of pace enjoy wild blueberries, which have a very rich, yet still tart taste and which are even more nutritious than farmed blueberries
Method 3: By Making Blueberry Smoothies
You can lose weight drinking blueberry smoothies simply by replacing as many meals a day as you can with a delicious smoothie instead. With most people, this results in a 500 to 800 calorie deficit a day, that can easily amount to a weight loss of two pounds a week. When combined with powdered protein and other ingredients, blueberry smoothies and frosty drinks can sustain your weight loss for months on end. ' Blueberry smoothies can help you lose weight because:
- Blueberries smoothies can be made with greens or sweet fruits, thus offering the dieter a great selection of flavors as well as nutritional options
- Blueberries are a filling fibrous food that works well to help clean out your colon
- Blueberry smoothies satisfy cravings for a sweet tooth and prevent you from resorting to sweet treats
- Blueberries are natural carbohydrate blockers that prevent you from absorbing the fat from other foods
- Blueberries are natural anti-inflammatories that prevent joint pain so you could exercise easier
- Blueberries have magnesium and selenium in them, which helps relax you and make you less likely to eat out of nervous habit.
How to Lose Weight With Blueberry Smoothies
All of these blueberry smoothie recipes share the distinction very low in fat, low in calories and also low carb. Replace as many meals and snacks that you can a day with any of the following recipes. The higher the smoothie is in calories, the longer you will be able to go without eating.
- 1Make a 110-calorie Blueberry Pineapple Smoothie. This luscious smoothie tastes like it has a lot more calories in it and can hold you off until lunch if you have it for breakfast. It contains 8 ounces of vanilla fat-free yogurt, a handful of spinach leaves, 1 cup of fresh blueberries., ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks, a splash of spring water and a cup of crushed ice. Blend together until frosty and then serve in glasses.
Tips and Tricks
- When making a smoothie with cocoa, be sure to use raw cacao or cocoa to up your anti-oxidant intake
- You will not lose weight if you make your blueberry weight loss smoothies with ice cream or sugar-laden frozen yogurt; stick to using nut milks, skim milk dairy and low fat yogurt.
- Using frozen berries is recommended if you want a frostier drink and spring water can always be added to smoothies that seem too thick