Lose Weight by Eating Pineapple On the Pineapple and Cottage Fast Weight Loss Diet vs As A Diet Food That Promotes Weight Loss
Edited by Donna, VC, Eng, Maria Quinney
Pineapple is a fat-burning fruit that will help you shed the pounds and lose inches because:
- Just one cup of pineapple contains less than about 80 calories, but at the same time it is very filling which means that eating it can cut hunger pangs and make you feel satiated enough to skip eating foods that are not as good for you
- There is no starch in pineapple, thus making it a sweet low-calorie fruit that is okay for people with insulin resistance or metabolic disorders to enjoy without enduring huge swings in their blood sugar
- Pineapples contain less than .20 grams of fat per cup, making it a weight loss superfood because it's sweet taste can satisfy cravings for high fat and sugary desserts like cake and ice cream without causing weight gain
- Pineapples are almost all water, which keeps you hydrated with plant-distilled fluids and enables your body to better able to detoxify your digestive system, which in turn, leads to faster weight loss
- Pineapples contain bromelain, an enzyme that is a potent anti-inflammatory that can diminish muscle and joint pain and also help the colon deal with undigested food and plaque in the intestines that might be causing bloat and weight gain
- Pineapples are very high in potassium, which helps eliminate excess sodium from the blood, lowering blood pressure and diminishing inflammation that might be provoking high insulin levels in the blood or causing so much joint pain that you are unable to exercise
- Pineapples are a very rich source of Vitamin C, which helps reduce inflammation, reverse metabolism disorders and also helps skin snap back to its former shape after extreme weight loss
- Pineapples most vitamins and minerals and are extremely high in manganese, copper, iron and B vitamins, which are good for the pituitary gland, the master gland that governs weight loss
- Pineapples have a mild diuretic effect that gently detoxifies the liver and kidneys that reduce bloating, especially in those who gain weight due to hormonal imbalances
Method 1: On the Pineapple and Cottage Fast Weight Loss Diet
You can lose one to four pounds a week if you follow this pineapple and cottage cheese fast weight loss diet. You can stay on this calorie-restricted diet without risking malnutrition for thirty days and in that ten days, you can expect to lose twenty to thirty pounds. The goal is to prevent yourself from eating between 500 and 100 calories a day by replacing meals and some snacks with a cup of cottage cheese paired with a cup of raw peeled pineapple fruit. The reason that the pineapple is paired with the cottage cheese is that pineapples are rich vitamins and minerals, but which lack protein. Adding a cup of cottage cheese to a serving of pineapple helps supply the protein that is missing from the superfruit's nutritional profile.
- 1If you buy groceries weekly buy four pineapples of any kind as you can expect to be eating a half of a pineapple to eat a day. Read labels to make sure the pineapple is GMO free. Buying organic pineapples is recommended but buying non-organic is okay because organic tropical fruits can be very expensive. The heavier the pineapple is, the riper it is. Never buy a pineapple that is bruised, smells musty or a bit like booze. Stay away from buying smaller "personal" pineapples or ones grown in Hawaii as they are most likely to be genetically engineered fruits.Advertisement
- 2If you are buying groceries weekly, purchase three 16-ounce tubs of fat free or light cottage cheese. This should be enough cottage cheese to last you for a week. When buying fat-free cottage cheese make sure that the sugar content is not more than 5%. If it is then you are better off to buy a light cottage cheese, which will not have as much sugar. Sugar is added to some no fat cottage cheese brands to give it a better mouth feel. To add a bit of variety to the diet you can also purchase dry curd cottage cheese, which has a different texture than regular cottage cheese because it has smaller curds and less moisture.Advertisement
- 4For lunch every day, eat a salad that contains at least cup of chopped pineapple. Pineapple goes well with leafy green leans and kale and can be combined with two or three of the following vegetables and fruits: Spanish onions, garlic, orange segments, shallots, arugula, red leaf lettuce. You can also add crumbled bits of dried red tomato. This salad only needs salt and pepper but you can add a touch of olive oil and red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar to the mix. The reason that you want to keep the number of ingredients in your salad to two or three is to help you keep the calories down to 300 or less per serving. It is also a good idea to avoid dressing entirely if you want to drop as much weight as possible in the ten-day diet period.
- 5For dinner eat four ounces of a quality low-fat protein along with another cup of raw pineapple that has been integrated into your meal. Proteins that go well with pineapples are grilled shrimp, octopus, tilapia, tuna, chicken, beef or pork. Consume these cooked proteins along with a cup of chopped up pineapple on a bed of greens. Be sure to count up your calories when you make these meals as you want your dinner to be in the 400 to 600 calorie range per dish. Pineapple slices can be grilled and they also go best with other grilled foods such as grilled shrimp or spicy grilled pork.
- 6For a snack, you may have a cup of pureed pineapple or a cup of chopped up pineapple. For variety, you can add a splash of almond milk or a dollop of Greek yogurt to the puree or on top of the chopped fruit. This balances out the acidity of the fruit and adds a bit of protein to fuel your muscles and keep your blood sugar levels steady. Chopped pecans also go well with pureed pineapple but if you use these mince only three or four of them and sprinkle them on top as they are a very fatty nut that can cause weight gain if you eat too many of them.
- 7For an additional snack or small meal, you can have you can have a fruit salad mixed with fruits that go well with pineapples such as bananas, papaya, melon or watermelon. Squeeze lime juice over the salad with a touch of honey or a bit of stevia to sweeten it up a bit. You can also add crushed mint leaves or chopped raw coconut to the salad to perk up the overall taste. Do not use more than one small banana per salad as of all of the fruits recommended, they have the most starch and carbs and could slow your weight loss down. On the other hand, bananas can fill you up and prevent the urge to eat more calories than is recommended by the weight loss diet guidelines.
- 8Avoid consuming food any "white carbohydrates" such as potato's, rice or bread as these foods not only add pounds, but they also trigger cravings or more of the same. It is especially important that you stay away from the refined versions of these foods such as potato chips, French fries, crackers, ice creams and packaged cakes as these consuming these foods will cause you to put on the pounds.
- 10Exercise for at least one hour every day. A one-hour swim, walk or bike ride or every day of the ten days can help stimulate your digestive organs to eliminate toxins and encourage your endocrine system to metabolize fats and carbohydrates instead of storing them as fat. However, as this is a low-calorie diet, do not attempt vigorous or strenuous workouts as you are not taking in enough calories during the day to fuel your workouts. Headaches, muscle cramps, extreme weakness, and nausea can be the result of straining yourself while on a calorie-restricted diet.
- 12At the end of the thirty days, ease yourself gently out of the no-carb zone by adding vegetables, whole grains and fattier foods like salmon or avocado back into your diet. You want to increase your calorie intake to at least 1500 calories a day. Do your best to continue to stay away from bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes, to ensure that your weight gain does not come creeping back.
Method 2: As A Diet Food That Promotes Weight Loss
Here are additional ways to include pineapple in your diet so that you can lose weight by either using snack replacement or by using them as a substitute for a food that you would have normally eaten that also might have had a higher fat or calorie content.
- 1Replace a full meal or snack by eating one cup of raw pineapple whenever you feel a craving for something crisp, tart or sweet. You can eat the chopped pineapple raw, cut up into cubes or cut up into slices. You can also eat it pureed like an apple sauce. Pureed pineapple is also delicious sprinkled with a bit of vanilla, raw unsweetened chocolate shavings or with a bit of chopped mint crumbled on top. You can also add an ounce or two of vanilla almond milk and ice to pureed pineapple and eat it like a frosty pudding.Advertisement
- 2Add raw pineapple to a bowl of cooked oatmeal. This is a very filling low-fat meal that provides you with all of the vitamins and minerals that you need to get through the day so that you go without being hungry. You can add a bit of coconut milk or almond milk to the oatmeal to make it a bit richer, but if you want to lose weight, the juice in the pineapple chunks should contain enough liquid to gently moisten the oatmeal.
- 3Replace a full meal or a snack with a diet version of a non-alcoholic pina colada smoothie. Blend a cup of chopped raw pineapple with a cup of coconut milk and a cup of ice in a blender and puree it all until slushy. For flavor, you can also add a dash of vanilla or a dash of rum flavoring. You can also add a couple of frozen strawberries to the recipe to make a strawberry pina colada. For thickness, you can add unsweetened coconut flakes or toasted coconut chips to the mix. Adding coconut flakes helps add essential fatty acids to the virgin pina colada and adding strawberries increases the diuretic quality of the smoothie.
- 4Replace a full meal, snack or a dessert with a low-calorie fat-burning pineapple and ginger smoothie. Puree cut up pieces of pineapple with a minced one inch piece of ginger, half of cup of plain yogurt, half of a cup of crushed ice and a dash of cinnamon. Whirl all of these ingredients together in a blender until smooth and icy and serve in a tall glass. The ginger and cinnamon in this smoothie help rev up your metabolism and the yogurt adds the protein that helps balance out the acidity of the pineapple.
- 5Replace a full meal or snack with a green pineapple smoothie. Pineapples go incredibly well with just about any leafy green including spinach, kale, and Swiss chard. A good recipe for a pineapple green smoothie is to whip together one small ripe banana, a half of a cup of plain or vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt, a cup of chopped pineapple and a handful of spinach in a blender. Mix it all together until smooth and then enjoy it served in a tall chilled glass.
- 6Drink pineapple infused water instead of the usual coffees or colas to give you a bit of energy during the day. Add a cup of fresh raw pineapple, a splash of coconut water and lime slices to a pitcher of water full of ice and let it chill in the refrigerator for about two hours before serving. This delicious cold is a good way to get your part eight cups of water a day as well as get more anti-inflammatory Vitamin C into your diet.
- 7Drink iced tea made with fresh pineapple juice as often as you like to create a powerful diuretic and detoxifier for your liver, kidneys, lungs, sinus, and colon.. You can make this fat-destroying beverage with mint tea, black tea, green tea, orange pekoe or ginger tea.. Simply brew four cups your favorite type of tea and add it to a pitcher packed of ice cubes. Add 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice or raw pineapple p and freshly squeezed lime juice to the mix and stir it all together well with a long bar spoon. You can garnish this iced tea drink with limes if you like. The result is an ice tea that has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on every system in your body because it is very rich in Vitamin C.
- 8Add fresh, raw pineapples to any salad and substitute it for lunch or dinner. Add raw pineapple chunks to any type of salad including fruit salads and leafy green salads. Pineapples go well with red onions, green onions, shallots, tangerines, coconut chips, blueberries, spinach, kale, cucumbers and all kinds of peppers, including the spiciest of habaneros and jalapenos.
- 9Replace breakfast, lunch or dinner with a detoxifying pineapple, black grape, celery, apple and tangerine fruit salad. This salad is very high in vitamin C and is a powerful detoxifier of the kidneys and liver because every single ingredient in this salad is a diuretic and liver cleanser. You can drizzle it with lime juice and a very small amount of coconut oil to add a bit more flavor.
- 10Make a pineapple and white wine vinaigrette to drizzle over your salads. Add the chopped pieces of 1 ripe pineapple, ½ cup of white wine, 1 clove garlic, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, ½ cup of ground pepper into a jar. Add ¼ cup of olive oil and then shake it up along with a bit of salt and pepper until well mixed. If you like your dressing to be a bit sweeter, then you can add a tablespoon of freshly squeezed orange or mango juice.
- 11For a delicious snack or side dish, or even as a meal replacement, grill sliced pineapples that have been brushed with a bit of honey, cinnamon and lemon juice over and cook them on the grill for about two minutes on each side. Cinnamon helps you lose weight by lowering your blood glucose levels. Serve the grilled pineapple with a drizzle of melted 70& cocoa or two ounces of vanilla low-fat Greek yogurt. You can make the grilled pineapple more of a savory dish by adding liberal amounts of ground chili pepper or hot sauce on top as it grills. Balsamic vinegar is another great choice for a topping for grilled pineapple slices.
- 12Make a pineapple salsa and serve it with low-fat unsalted corn chips. Combine raw or grilled chunks of pineapple with finely chopped onions, finely chopped tomatoes minced multi-colored jalapeno peppers, lime juice, chili powder, ground cumin powder and fresh coriander leaves. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with lime juice, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with tortilla chips or toasted flatbread.
- 13Make a chilled pineapple and mango soup it as a replacement for a meal or a snack. Combine 1 cup each of chopped pineapple and mangos with 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a blender. Add two tablespoons of stevia and ½ of a cup of water to the mix and blend until very glassy-looking and smooth. Chill the fruit soup for at least two hours in the refrigerator. Serve cold with a slice of lime. This pineapple and mango soup is very high in Vitamin C and a powerful diuretic that can help your body eliminate fat and toxins.
- 14Eat shrimp, pepper and pineapple kabobs for lunch or dinner. This is a paleo dish that consists of whole peeled shrimp, six chunks of pepper, and six chunks pineapple that have been marinated in lime juice and hot chili sauce slid on skewers and grilled like kabobs. There are almost no carbs in this very healthy low calorie dish. You can use any type of pepper on the skewer, including hotter smaller peppers like jalapenos or habaneros. You can also choose to omit the peppers if you lie |
- 1Eat chocolate dipped pineapple slices as a snack. You can melt an organic chocolate bar that is at least 70% cacao in the microwave, or you can melt a chocolate bar over a double boiler to create a healthy, almost sugar-free dip. The chocolate will taste sweet because the pineapple is quite sweet. Dip chilled pineapple rings or slices into the warm chocolate, arrange them on a plate and let the chocolate set. This is a delicious, low-fat way to enjoy pineapples that also contains a full dose of heart-healthy antioxidants.
- 2Make a pineapple sorbet to for a refreshing snack or to enjoy as a dessert. Blend together four cups of chopped pineapple with ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, one cup of Stevia in the Raw or Truvia and sprigs of mint. Mix everything together and then process the mixture, according to manufacture's instructions, in an ice-cream maker. Unfortunately, pineapple does not take well to unchurned sorbet or ice cream recipes as freezing can change it's taste slightly. For this reason, it is best to eat a pineapple sorbet or ice cream batch that is made in an ice cream maker all in one sitting.
- 3For a low-fat alcoholic pineapple cocktail, make a diet version of the traditional pineapple martini. Shake together 1 oz of vodka or pineapple vodka with two ounces of pineapple juice with ice in a cocktail shaker and then pour it into a traditional martini glass. Garnish with a lime slice or a fresh cherry. This drink has much fewer calories and sugar than traditional alcoholic beverages made with pineapple, which is usually made sweet syrups and high-calorie flavored rums.
Tips and Tricks
- Never use canned pineapple in syrup in any of these recipes as canned pineapple does not have the vitamins, enzymes or taste of freshly cut fruit
- Pineapples stop ripening as soon as they are picked, even as they sit on supermarket shelves, so there is no need to refrigerate them
- Cut pineapple slices or chunk last as long as six days if stored in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed covered container or in a sealed plastic bag
- Buy organic non-GMO pineapples whenever possible to reduce your exposure to pesticides and fruit contaminated with fertilizers
- When eating pineapple be sure to leave as much of the core of the pineapple as you can as these contain the most benefits
- Pineapple can be frozen but when it thaws out the flesh loses its texture and has an unpleasant sour taste so it is best to use it chilled from the refrigerator
- It is not necessary to do the pineapple weight loss diet for the full two weeks as you will probably of weight loss doing it for just 3 days, 5 days or a week
Questions and Answers
We read that cottage cheese and pineapple together is hard on the heart?
Is this true? I know it is an excellent food while trying to lose weight. Never heard of it being hard on the heart, but a big article flashed on the screen saying so. I think it was probably just an attention getter.. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you,... Bonnie. Nothing more to explain really. I have always eaten the two together and was surprised by the "news flash" of this being hard on the heart.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Eng, VC, Donna