Edited by aianne b., Maria Quinney, Charmed, Ephraim and 6 others
It is alarming to realize that today, a large number of people are overweight. This issue will continue to rise if we do not take steps to control it. The major contributor to this problem is the kind of lifestyle many people have. Being sedentary and poor eating generally lead to obesity. You can prevent yourself from becoming obese by getting an adequate amount of exercise and eating a balanced diet.
Basic Tips for Losing Weight:
- 1This is an important factor for you to begin with. You must be determined to change for the better. You must set your goals before losing weight. Without goals, it is impossible for you to pursue what you really want to do for yourself. You may not be able to achieve your weight goals without self-discipline and perseverance.Discipline and mind set.Advertisement
- 2You may want to consult a dietitian to help you create a daily meal plan, or you may want to read magazines about healthy diets or surf the web for menu diet plans. Replace fats and meats with more fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water every day. Do not starve yourself, because this will just lead you to eat more than you should. Eat frequent smaller meals daily.Have a balanced diet.Advertisement
- 3Exercising for only a day does not work to help you lose weight. This is not a one night miracle. You will not see changes, even if you exercise the whole day. Regular exercise is required, which means you have to do exercise daily, even if only for 30 minutes. You can gradually increase the time up to an hour or so, if you are able.Do regular exercise.
- 4Avoid being stressed out as much as possible. Adequate rest and sleep are important to regain energy. Avoid cigarette smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.Change your lifestyle.
- 5A good, balanced diet and regular exercise should go hand in hand. You should make all these work simultaneously to lose weight in no time.Make these all work.
Six Pieces of Exercise Equipment that Can Help You Lose Weight
There are many workout tools that you can choose, but it does not mean you have to pick out any tool just to lose the extra pounds. Some workout tools are not appropriate for your health, or they are not suitable for your goal. What is your goal? What exactly do you want - to lose a lot of pounds or just get rid of fat? No matter what your goal is, you should read the information below about workout tools. This will help you pick out the best options for your goal.
- 2Free weights (kettle bells, barbells, and dumbbells).
- 5Exercise balls.
- 6Rowing machines.
When choosing an exercise tool, make sure that it will suit your purpose. There are many workout machines and tools that you can use. Start with the easiest and lightest exercise equipment, so that your whole body and muscles will get used to exercising and will tolerate heavy-weight workout tools after several weeks.
Foods and Drinks for Dieters:
Regular exercise and a balanced diet are said to go hand in hand - a perfect combination to achieve weight goals faster. What is the purpose of working out, if you do not maintain a balanced diet? When planning to lose weight, you have to ingest foods and drinks equally - no more, no less. You can eat meat, sweet foods, and other sugary recipes, as long as you eat them moderately. If you only eat vegetables and fruits every day, your body will crave more sweet and fatty foods. People need balanced nutrients. Having a balanced diet can control your food cravings, too. Below is the list of foods and drinks that you may want to prepare, and thus help you control food cravings:
- 1Calorie-controlled foods.
- Breakfast: A bowl of whole grain cereal and a glass of skimmed milk.
- Lunch: One fried egg with one slice of toasted wheat bread.
- Snack: Two chocolate biscuits and fruit juice.
- Dinner: A vegetable salad, a small pork chop, and a boiled potato.
- 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup peeled and diced carrots
- 1/2 cup cored and chopped apples
- 1/4 cup of French beans, finely chopped
- 2 sliced pineapples, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup of halved grapes
- 1 1/2 cups of non-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. of chopped almonds
- 10 raisins
- Steam the carrots, potatoes and French beans for 15 minutes. While doing so, you can place a sieve on top of a pot to steam the vegetables. Let them cool afterwards.
- Combine the steamed veggies in a serving bowl and add the grapes, pineapples, and apples.
- For the salad dressing, whisk in the honey, salt, and yogurt into a new bowl until blended.
- Add the dressing to the serving bowl with the salad and toss them well to combine.
- Sprinkle the salad with raisins and almonds and serve.
"What is the best beverage?" Water is always the answer for this question. Nevertheless, there are several other drinks that are healthy and delicious. Below is a list of healthy drinks that you may want to prepare while losing weight:
- 1Not only can they provide you with tremendous health benefits, but they can also help you lose weight fast. Green tea does not contain calories, so you can drink them anytime you want.Green teas are among the healthiest beverages.
- 2These teas can help promote the movement of foods in the stomach, and thus ward off indigestion.Mint teas.
- 3This milk can help control food cravings, because it has carbohydrates, a little fat, and protein - the three major components of a healthy meal. Your digestive tract will absorb the milk slowly, keeping you full most of the time.One percent reduced-fat milk.
- 4As we all know, tomatoes have lycopenes that are believed to be effective in reducing the risk of any forms of cancer. Also, tomato juice can maintain your body weight because of its nutrients.Low-sodium tomato juice.
- 5Who can forget orange juice? This is a very delicious and refreshing drink. Orange juice is an excellent source of vitamin C, an antioxidant that can ward off free radicals and other harmful substances that may result in serious diseases. When you exercise, you will secrete body fluids, as well as energy. You may want to drink orange juice every time you feel un-energized. The juice can boost your energy, as well as your well-being. It also contains fiber that can help eliminate unwanted toxins and fats in your body.Orange juice.
Making an Apple, Ginger, and Carrot Drink:
How about combining veggies and fruits to make a healthy, delicious refresher? Interested in learning a new recipe? If so, below is a step-by-step method on how to make an apple, ginger, and carrot drink:
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend them until smooth.
- Serve immediately to avoid spoilage.
Tips Tricks & Warnings:
- When planning to exercise, start with warm-up exercises to avoid muscle cramps and body pains.
- If you are overweight or obese, swimming is a good exercise for you, because it is less straining on your joints. Other exercises may result in joint pain.
- Before choosing any exercise equipment, ask your health care provider about the right exercise tool for you.
- Simple aerobics and brisk walking can be your start-up exercises before proceeding to compound exercises such as sit-ups, push-ups, lunges, squats, etc. Compound exercises and body-building are good for muscle toning and firming. Be sure you lose weight first, before doing the latter exercises. The same goes for using exercise equipment.
- Remember to practice a balanced diet when losing weight, so that you will get the right nutrients for your body. Avoid taking diet and slimming pills or teas.