Locate Saved Videos and Screenshots on Your PlayStation 4
Edited by Melsan, Maria Quinney, Alma, Eng and 2 others
Most people want to share their screenshots and video game-play, but often they don't know where to locate these after they've been saved. They also often don't know how to trim a video or different ways to share.
- 1 Sharing Game-Play
- 2 Three Options in the Share Menu
- 3 Trimming a Video
- 4 Location of the Screenshots and Videos
- 5 Add Live Streaming Sites To Broadcast Live Game-Play
- 6 Face Recognition Login
- 7 How To Use Gyro Sensor On Your PlayStation 4 Virtual Keyboard
- 8 Secure User Login On Your PlayStation 4
- 9.1 Can I use one login for my PlayStation Network?
- 9.2 Can I broadcast a link to my Facebook or Twitter to let them watch my live feed on Ustream or Twitch?
- 9.3 I have slow internet at home. How can I change the resolution of the broadcasted live feed?
- 9.4 How can I play music and video files from my USB adapter, connected to the console?
- 10 Questions and Answers
- 11 Comments
Did you know you can share your screenshots and video game-play while you are playing? To share while you are playing. Press the share button on your Dualshock 4 controller to access the share Menu.
Three Options in the Share Menu
In the Share Menu, you can select any of the three following options.
- 1Upload Video Clip. Upload a video clip you've taken during the game, and share a walkthrough. You can share it to social media (Facebook or Twitter).Advertisement
- 2Upload Screenshot. You can select Upload Screenshot, which basically shares still images you've taken during your game. Share it to Facebook or to TwitterAdvertisement
Trimming a Video
Not all of us have high-speed internet connections at home, and don't want to share large video files from the video game play you're planning to share. Thanks to the trim feature on PlayStation 4, you can:
- 1Select a starting point and ending point of a video you want to share.
Location of the Screenshots and Videos
For first timers who have no idea where to locate find those screenshots and videos on their PlayStation 4 System.
- 1Before you can access these files on your PlayStation 4, you must login to your PlayStation network.
- 2Once you're logged onto the network, go to your profile and select the folder for "Captures".
- 3On the "Captures" menu you'll find a list of game folders you have - by title.
- 4Open any of the titles that you want to check, like the screenshot you made during game-play, or any videos you've recorded during the game.
- 5In the same location, you can press the share button on your Dualshock 4 and follow the steps for sharing.
Add Live Streaming Sites To Broadcast Live Game-Play
If you want to share your live game-play, select one of the two live streaming websites for your PlayStation 4 system. You can select either use:
- 1If you don't have a login for either of these live-streaming services, go to your computer and register at twitch.com or ustream.com to get a login name and password to share your PlayStation 4 live game-play.
- 2Once you have a Ustream or Twitch account, go back to your PlayStation 4 and launch the game you want to play.
- 3Once the game launches, press the "Share" button on your Dualshock 4 controller, and select "Broadcast a Game-Play" from the three choices.
- 4Enter your Username and Password to login.
- 5Once you are logged in, it will automatically broadcast a live PlayStation 4 feed on your Twitch or Ustream page for the viewers to watch your live game-play.
Face Recognition Login
PlayStation 4 system has a feature that detects your face in order to log onto your profile. To enable this feature, login to your own account then go to:
- 2Login Settings.
- 3Check Face Recognition.
- 4Go to Face data Management.
- 5Add face data.
- 6Let it scan and save.
Make sure you have a PlayStation 4 camera to use this feature.
How To Use Gyro Sensor On Your PlayStation 4 Virtual Keyboard
For many, their PlayStation 4 console needs to be as stylish as possible. Selecting letters on your Dualshock 4 Keyboard can make your thumb numb with the continual pressing - Left. Right. Up Down. Using your Dualshock 4 Gyro sensor can help you manage your controller by simply tilting it to select a letter on the virtual keyboard. Shown below is the regular on screen to select a letter - with a lit box highlighting each letter.
To switch to Gyro sensor - while you are holding the Dualshock 4, push the right stick of the controller to enable the Gyro sensor. Instead of the square selecting the letters, it will change to a glowing blue circle. See the screens below:
Secure User Login On Your PlayStation 4
Most of us have multiple logins for our gaming consoles to accommodate friends, relatives, and anyone else we've played games with. Be careful, as some of these other logins might overwrite your progress in a game, and you'll have to start from scratch. To prevent this annoying situation, PlayStation 4 offers secure login by adding a pass-code to your login, to protect your own game data. Here is what you need to do:
- 1Go to your PlayStation 4 and login with your own User ID.
- 2Once logged in, just go to "Settings."
- 3Go to "Login Settings".
- 4Select the last option for "Pass-Code Management", then select buttons to login.
- Left Directional pad for number 1.
- Up Directional pad for number 2.
- Right Directional pad for number 3.
- Down Directional pad for number 4.
- R1 for number 5.
- R2 for number 6.
- L1 for number 7.
- L2 for number 8.
- Triangle for number 9.
- Square for 0.
Once this has been applied to your gaming console. Whenever you login or someone mistakenly selects your user ID, there will be a prompt to enter your user pass-code to unlock and login to your own system. So obviously, it makes sense to keep the pass-code to yourself.
Can I use one login for my PlayStation Network?
Yes you can use one PlayStation network login on your PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3.
Yes you can, as long as your Twitter and Facebook are linked to your PlayStation 4 System, it will automatically post a link.
I have slow internet at home. How can I change the resolution of the broadcasted live feed?
Simply go to your sharing options to change the Quality. While you are on the PlayStation 4 home screen, press - Share > Options (for the share settings) > Broadcast Settings. There you can change the Quality to match your internet speed.
How can I play music and video files from my USB adapter, connected to the console?
Unfortunately, there is no way to play those files on your PlayStation 4 system. Currently, it is not supported, but it may be supported soon.