Know the main differences between the iPhone4, the new lower-cost iPhone 5C and the newly iPhone 5S
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Lynn, Lhynne27, Eng and 4 others
In this article, you will learn how to know the main differences between the iPhone 4, the new lower-cost iPhone 5C and the newly released iPhone 5S. All three of these -- iPhone 4, iPhone 5c,and the latest model, iPhone 5S -- have attractive features. Before delineating their differences, let's talk about their similarities. These are the features that have made the iPhone so popular since its advent in 2007.
- Apple created a unique four-in-one mobile device.
- All three of these iPhones have nearly a half-million applications offered at your fingertips. And all these apps are available to you in the iTunes store, which is easy to reach from your PC or iPhone. The iPhone was the first mobile device to make applications easily accessed by the public. Other mobile phones required a "rocket scientist", or rather, a computer science engineer to use such software.
Similarities between the iPhones 4, 5c and 5S
- 1Integrated lithium-ion battery that is rechargeable. The lithium-ion battery can be recharged by a power adapter or by the USB port on your computer. Between charges you will have this maximum time for the following functions:Advertisement
- Talk time is up to 10 hours for both iPhone 5S and 5c, yet only up to eight hours talk time with the iPhone 4.
- All three have standby time of up to 250 hours.
- All have video playback up to 10 hours.
- All have Internet access on 3G for 10 hours, using WiFi or LTE.
- All have audio playback to 40 hours.
- 2Along with the pioneering, pleasing user-friendly software, the iPhone design also sets the standard for other mobile devices. Like the iPod, its simple design and dimensions were not by chance. Apple engineers knew how appealing the golden ratio is to the human eye Artists, sculptors, architects, and the great Mother Nature herself have created works with the 1:1.618 ratio. The iPhones were designed a little longer than the golden ratio for ergonomics, but then the corners were cleverly rounded for comfort. Thus, the rounded corners give the illusion of the aesthetic golden rectangle ratioAdvertisement
- 3Video Recording:
- Easy focusing with just a finger tap.
- 30 frames per second (fps) for smooth life-like recorded movement.
- Professional looking 1080p HD recording of videos. Anytime you see "p" rather than "I" you will have a higher resolution generally.
- Optical image stabilizer (OIS)
- For poor lighting conditions each has LED flash.
- For better security in unlocking the iPhone, there is face detection identification.
- Geo tagging, which means you can find the precise location of any photo or video by latitude and longitude coordinates
- 4Video calling using WiFi: By tapping "Face Time" you can make video calls to another enabled mobile device.
- 5Siri - This is the program that activates your voice commands. It also will reply to your voice with its pleasant "Siri" voice.
Differences between the iPhone 4, iPhone 5S and 5c
So, now comes the iPhone 5S. In the tradition of Steve Jobs, it has improvements in software and hardware over its predecessor of a few years ago, the iPhone 4. There are especially improvements with the 5S camera over the iPhone 4:
- 1Both have an 8 megapixel resolution, but with the new iSight technology, the 5S has a larger area photo sensor that is superior in poor lighting. The 5S pixels are also larger to take in more light. It actually has a one-third boost in sensitivity to light.Advertisement
- 2The iPhone 5S has an innovative True Tone by using two LED flash devices for higher quality, realistic color resolution. No longer will you have a photo washed out from the camera of a mobile device.
- 3Colors and Capacity offered by each iPhone==
- iPhone 5S - Dark grey, and the precious metal colors -- gold, and silver. Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and A7 chip. If you are a gamer, the A7 chip means 64-bit processing. It will give you the graphics of a desktop computer! It has an advanced technology M7 motion co-processor
- iPhone 5c - This phone, although the cheapest among the three, has the most color choices: Bright yellow, soft pink, white, sky blue, and lime green. Capacity: 16GB, 32GB and A6 chip. Note the huge increase over the iPhone 4 capacity
- iPhone 4 - Black and white only. Capacity: 8GB and A5 chip
The affordable and colorful iPhone 5c
Finally, you can get your hands on an iPhone for under $100! Although it is much lower priced than its brother, the iPhone 5S, it still has many fine features. Staying true as an iPhone, there is nothing cheap about its looks and performance. It has the following impressive traits:
- 1Durable polycarbonate coating. And there are plenty of color choices for its silicone case.
These are the main differences among the iPhone 5S, iPhone 5c and the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 is still available as a starter iPhone. The prices of each phone, with a qualified contract: iPhone 5S at $199 for the 16GB, $299 for the 32GB ,and $399 for the 64GB; iPhone 5c at only $99; and the iPhone 4 has its 8GB free. If you are an avid photography buff, or a gamer, and it fits your budget, I suggest the iPhone 5S. Hopefully, these comparisons will help you decide which iPhone suits your needs and lifestyle. The colorful rubber cases are also available.
There is no user reviews.