Know the Telltale Signs Your Spouse Is Cheating on You
Edited by Doug Collins, Eng, Amy1978, Maria Quinney
I thought my spouse would never cheat on me but I was wrong. There were lots of signs but I blew right past them and didn't find out for two years. I decided to document them here to help others and also my hope is that you will add signs that I have missed.
- 1Increased interest in losing weight and exerciseAdvertisement
- 2New sexier underwearAdvertisement
- 3Shaving / manicuring private areas
- 4Especially during sharing fantasies.Odd remarks in the bedroom that seem out of place.
- 5Unexplained fights that don't seem to about the actual issue being discussed.
- 6Especially if she/he brings up old issues from years ago.An atypical unwillingness to forgive.
- 7Your spouse has new friends that are single / divorced (male or female).
- 8Your spouse keeps their phone close at all times.
- 9Your spouse will not let you read his or her phone.
- 10Your spouse seems to be placing an emphasis on activities she does you are not involved with.
- 11Your spouse is giving you less priority in her life and decisions.
- 12Your spouse says things like "I don't need you to be happy" or "I am doing this for myself"
Any one of these things don't mean anything but if you see your spouse is doing several of these and it is out of character for him / her then consider taking a closer look. I hope you are wrong because the pain I went through was the worst I have ever experienced. I decided to work through the problem and that also was the more difficult path. However we have kids and in spite of this failure I still love my wife. I hope this list has helped you.
Questions and Answers
Not sure how to ask my husband if he is cheating or am I paranoid?
My husband and I have been married for 13 years, for 2 months now he has always had his phone right by his side. When he is on it and I walk in he quickly turns it off and puts it in his pocket. He says he is playing a game. But when I see him doing that he doesn't react the same. He started going to the gun range with his single guy friend. And has been working overtime. His check doesn't seem to change much. I don't know what to do, we have two young kids. Am I paranoid? Do I have a reason to be suspicious? We don't fight, have zero sex life anymore, he shows me zero attention, (says it's my fault I'm too busy), I try to pay attention to him hugs and kisses and he briefly responds, I feel completely neglected. He doesn't eat much but says its stomach problems. Not much into his appearance. I have tried: Not much I don't want to start a fight. I've just been observant of his behavior. I think it was caused by: I have no idea, boredom. Maybe lack of attention, but I have tried, it doesn't seem as if he wants it.
If he is not cheating, he has something going on. It could be depression or stress. Keep trying to pay attention to him even when he rejects you. Soften him emotionally for several weeks then sit down with him and tell him that you are concerned about his lack of interest in daily family life. Note down other changes you have noticed as well. Be careful to not appear accusatory as this can cause him to shut down and not provide answers.
A medical study published in 2004 noted that depression will often present itself in physical pain. If you do suspect depression, suggest counseling for him or that he speak with the family doctor. Men are often afraid to admit when they suffer from depression because they see it as a sign of weakness.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Amy1978, Eng, Doug Collins