Know if iPhone 6 Is Original
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow
Purchasing a new iPhone 6 device can be a smooth process. However, for some of our readers, it might turn into a nightmare as they find out that their 'iPhone 6' is actually not an Apple product at all. You might realize too late that you paid for something that is essentially an excellent replica of the iPhone. Obviously it's easiest to have an original iPhone from the Apple store so you can compare the two models, but not everyone can do that. However, while the appearance and features of fake iPhones can be deceiving, it is also possible to spot a fake iPhone without an original one. We're going to show you how to tell if an iPhone is fake in the article below.
Buying the iPhone 6
- 1Package. The box on the original phone is solid white on the upper side. Fake packages may have pictures of the home screen of iPhone. Also, check the overall feeling of the package. It must be solid in color, smooth, and all of the right-angle corners should look premium. The box must have everything in gray. There are specifications on the bottom of the real package with barcodes and other logotypes. There must also be an indentation on the top side of the box.Advertisement
- 2After you remove the cover of the package. The iPhone 6 must not be visible. There should still be one "Designed by Apple" paper lying on top of the iPhone. The real package may have a plastic tray with a camera and center cut-outs too. Under the phone, you should have three spots aligned vertically: for the headphones, for the Lightning cable, and for the wall adapter.Advertisement
- 3Documentation. Documentation varies from country to country, but they should always have a feeling of premium paper and print.
- 5Overall finish. An original iPhone 6 has the SIM-card tray seamlessly integrated into the case. The buttons and the SIM-card tray may be more prominent in color on fake iPhone 6 devices. Check the lines that run around the camera and flash on the back and on the sides. They may be too dark or thick on fake iPhone 6 devices.
- 16Charger. This varies by country. The overall feeling must be that it is of premium quality.
- 19microSD card slot. There is no microSD card slot on real iPhone 6 models.
- 20Battery. The battery is not removable by the end user for original phones.
- 21Lock screen. The fake phones may have no animation on "slide to unlock".
- 22Performance and applications. The fake phones may feel lagged and may miss typical iPhone 6 applications. These applications are mandatory and are to be on all real iPhone 6 models. The App Store must switch to your language.
- App Store
- iTunes Store
- Game Center
- 23Safari Web Browser. All iPhones exclusively use the Safari web browser. There are no exceptions to this, and every factory iPhone will only have Safari installed.
- 24Apple Home Page. All new iPhones default to the Apple home page. They do not ever go to any other web page. If your phone goes to a different page, then it is not real.
Buying the iPhone 6 Online
When buying online, the options for checking if an iPhone 6 is real can be limited. In addition to the above steps, which you would have to visually verify, consider the following:
- Always use web sites that can guarantee your being safe, such as eBay.
- Always find a seller with positive feedback (99-100%), with a lot of transactions, and whose similar devices (iPhone, iPad, or Mac computers) have been sold in the past.
- If you have any doubts about the purchase, always talk the purchase over with the seller before committing to buy it if. A good seller is always proud of his or her reputation and will not hesitate to prove and guarantee the authenticity of the device.
- You can also ask your seller to provide you with the iPhone 6 serial number and check it (see the "Tips and Tricks" section below).
Tips and Tricks
- Avoid buying online from dubious web sites or sellers that have no established history. Too many of these sellers exist only for one day. Remember, the few dollars you might save on a cheaper phone is money the seller isn't able to put back into their business. Choose someone you can trust, who will give you a dependable phone.
- Connect to iTunes to know if your iPhone 6 is genuine. Take a laptop with you, and plug in to see if the phone is recognized by iTunes. If it isn't, you've got a fake on your hand.
- Check the serial number of the iPhone. Navigate to the Coverage website from Apple, and enter the serial number of your phone to check if the phone is original. You can find the serial number by pressing the home button, tapping on "Settings", "General", and "About". Find the serial number (and IMEI, MEID, or ICCID) there. If you are still in doubt, you can always Apple support and give them your serial number, IMEI or MEID, or ICCID to see if your iPhone is real or counterfeit.
- Hardware specifications. To check your hardware specifications, open a page with technical specifications for the iPhone 6, such as the GSM Arena iPhone Page and then install Device Info on your phone to compare the specifications. Please note that there are several iPhone 6 models, which are listed in the link provided above.
We hope that your iPhone purchase will be comfortable and easy. Or, if you already own an iPhone 6, that you have an original. Thank you for reading our tutorial on how to determine whether your potential or current iPhone 6 is fake or real! If you have any questions, suggestions, or comments, please leave them in the appropriate section.
See more tutorials on iPhone devices: Migrate Data from One iPhone to Another, Set Up iPhone after Updating, Set Up an iPhone 6s Plus, Set Up and Manage Location Services on iPhone 6, Set Up APN on iPhone, Perform Factory Reset on the iPhone 6s Plus, Do Hard Reset on iPhone 6s Plus, Manage Fingerprints on iPhone 6, and Turn Off the Lock Screen Passcode on an iPhone 6s Plus, Unboxing iPhone 6, Restore iTunes Backup on iPhone 6s Plus, Back Up iPhone 6s Plus with iTunes, Deal with an Unresponsive iPhone, Fake vs Original iPhone Learn Garageband: Guitar Amplifier, Basics of Garageband, Learn Garageband: Drums, Learn Garageband: Keyboard, and Learn Garageband: Microphone.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Train Wreck