Jailbreak iOS 7
Edited by Sean Zylow, Eng
Hi! You're looking at the VisiHow tutorial on jailbreaking iOS 7. To start off, here are some precautions to note.
Precautions to Note
- 1This tutorial is only for users of iOS 7, 7.1 and 7.1.x. If you'd like to see how to jailbreak iOS 8 and 9, you can see our other articles on VisiHow.Advertisement
- 2Performing a jailbreak may 'brick' your device, or to put it simply, render your device useless. Jailbreak your device at your own risk.Advertisement
- 3Performing a jailbreak will void your warranty from Apple.
OK, let's start!
- 1You'll need:Advertisement
- A Mac running OS X Mountain Lion or later.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10.
- The iOS device you want to jailbreak.
- 2You'll need to install a third-party application on your computer. It's called Pangu. Don't worry too much, Pangu is actually trusted by Apple to jailbreak its devices. Like I warned you, it will void the warranty of your device. Go to pangu.io to install the Pangu application. Scroll down till you see the correct application. If you're a seasoned hacker, tell you what, you don't need an iPSW file. Just download Pangu and you're ready to go!
- 3You have to remove your password and turn off restrictions on your device. I've heard of unfortunate people getting stuck on boot loops due to passwords. You can also consider backing up your device and resetting your phone. Erasing all the data will help in your jailbreak.
- 4Open up the Pangu application once it's installed on your computer. It's an .exe file, click on Run to start it. Now, you'll find some hieroglyphics (Pangu is Chinese) so let me translate everything.
- 5Connect your device to your computer using the original Apple USB cable with no extension cords. You should see Pangu detect your device, let's say it's an iPhone 4 I'm using, so I should see the numbers 4 and 7.1.2.
- 6After that, allow it to run. Pangs will prompt you to change the date to June 2, 2014. Do so and wait till your device reboots. After that, open up the Pangu app on your device, and it will continue the jailbreaking process. Do not disconnect your device from the computer!.
- 7After you're done, keep the Pangu app on your phone. One thing is there: CYDIA!!!! The moment you've been waiting for! Open Cydia and your device will reboot a few times before you can actually see its contents.
- 8Now you can feel free to put in any preposition to tweak your device, including to put SIRI on iPhone 4, currently impossible. Have fun tweaking your device!
There is no user reviews.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Sean Zylow