Jailbreak iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.1 and 6.1.2
Edited by Fritzel Mae Banzon, Maria Quinney, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
If you have at least an iPod, iPad, iPhone or an Apple TV, then you may have heard the word "jailbreak" or "jailbreaking". This is not what you literally think it is, because for Apple products, jailbreaking is a process of eliminating Apple's restrictions on their iOS operating system in order to take advantage of privileged access. A jailbroken iOS device can still use the App Store, iTunes and other functions normally. It allows users to fully customize the way the Apple device functions, how it looks and a whole lot more.
Disclaimer: Jailbreaking voids your Apple warranty. The company will not be responsible anymore if you break it. Jailbreaking can also cause performance issues on the device, depending on the situation.
If you have already decided to jailbreak your Apple device, follow the steps below. We will be using a software called Evasi0n as our example.
Before we proceed, please be reminded of the following:
- 1You may use Apple's iCloud service to easily do so.If you have iTunes installed on your computer, back up your Apple device.
- 2Disable your device's pass-code temporarily.
- 3Do not use iTunes or your Apple device while Evasi0n is running.
- 2Run it and click "Jailbreak".Download the Evasi0n software at http://evasi0n.com.
- 3In the middle of said process, it will request that you unlock the device and hit the Jailbreak shortcut on your device's screen.Jailbreaking will take about five minutes to finish.
- 6This process will take a while, so sit back and relax.
Jailbreak iOS 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.1 and 6.1.2 Untethered: Must-Knows Prior to the Jailbreak Process
Users of iPhone should be thankful for the emergence of iOS hackers, who teamed up and worked hard in order to craft a tool that could free a myriad of iOS devices from various factory-subjected boundaries. As highly cognizable iOS 6 is already out, and finally, the 6.1 untethered jailbreak 'evasion' has been finally introduced on the 3 primary platforms, which are Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
According to these experts, Evasion can work well with all kinds of iOS 6. This newly developed untethered jailbreak weapon could aid each iOS gadget (but Apple TV 2 and 3 are not included), which could run iOS 6 and beyond. Listed below are devices that it could support: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 5.
Even though evasion could support any kind of iOS 6 firmware, it is still much better to upgrade the gadget to version iOS 6.1, before finally do the jailbreak process. This must be done in order for the user not to miss out the brand new features of the current firmware update of Apple.
On top of that, the users should as well not update their gadgets OTA or Over the Air, if they truly want to jailbreak. Instead of doing OTA, users could download the firmware of iOS 6.1, as well as update through iTunes, in order to defy any kinds of issues.
- 1The computer must be running at Mac OS X v10.5 or beyond, Linux x86/ x86_64, or Windows XP or beyond. iOS device that is running iOS 6.0 via 6.1 (See the version, specifically in Settings, General, About, and then Version). User should have USB cable, which could be used in connecting the gadget to the computer.The Requirements.