Instantly Upload Pictures and Videos Using Google+ on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Carmen and 12 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Use Google+ to upload pictures and videos on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 3 Samsung Galaxy S4 to set profile photo
- 4 Questions and Answers
- 4.1 Lost pictures in Gallery file "auto back up"?
- 4.2 I'm under Google plus but the page is different than displayed I'm trying to locate my profile picture to change it?
- 4.3 Trying to upload pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my Mac and was trying to use Google plus. I cannot seem to find an easy way to upload photos since I got this phone and this mac. I read Google + was the way to go, however, in going through the steps on my phone, I reach a screen that allows backup of existing pictures but no instant upload option appears. What am I doing wrong?
- 4.4 Can I move pictures from Google + to my Galaxy S4?
- 4.5 I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4?
- 4.6 I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this?
- 4.7 How to restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery?
- 4.8 I am at a library wanting to apply for a job. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and want to know how to send the photos on my phone to my email address. However, I am not sure I can do this as this is public library computer and not my own?
- 4.9 My phone is running out of storage space?
- 5 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
You can use your Samsung Galaxy S4 to instantly upload photos and videos to Google+. Follow the procedures below to learn how to do it.
Use Google+ to upload pictures and videos on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 4You can also opt to allow Google to make suggestions based on your usage history of the application. Tap "Next" when you are done.You will be taken to the "Your contacts" page, where you will be have the option to add your Google+ connection details (phone numbers, profile photos, emails, etc.) to the contacts on your S4.
- 8For purposes of continuing with the tutorial, tap on the "Settings" option. All options and their functions are detailed below:Once you tap on the "Menu" button, you will see the following options below.
- Send feedback - Tapping on this option will allow you to send feedback to the developers about the Google+ app.
- Settings - Tapping on this option will allow you to open the Settings menu for the app. Under the Settings menu, you will be shown more available options.
- Help - Tapping on this option will take you to the help files, where you will see the easy fixes and solutions to your problems with the application.
- Sign out - Tapping on this option will sign you out of the application.
- 11The settings are:Once turned ON, instant upload is activated and you can change the settings depending on your preference.
- About Instant Upload - Tapping on the settings will allow you to know more about sharing videos and files with Google+
- Set storage size - Tapping on this option will allow you set the storage size of your photos and files.
- Get more storage - Tapping on this application allows you to purchase extra cloud storage for your photos and videos.
- When to upload photos - Tapping on this option will you to choose uploading photos when phone is connected to WiFi or when connected to the mobile network.
- When to upload videos - Tapping on this option will you to choose uploading videos when phone is connected to WiFi or when connected to the mobile network.
- Roaming uploads - Tapping on the box to the right of this option will allow you to upload photos and videos when roaming on data network.
- Upload only when charging - Tapping on the square to the right of this option will only allow uploads of pictures and videos whenever your charge is connected.
- Upload all - Tapping on this option will upload all videos and photos to Google+ instantly.
- 12You have just learned how to set and use Google+ to upload photos and videos using your S4.Congratulations!
Samsung Galaxy S4 to set profile photo
The following procedures will allow you to set your profile picture on your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- 1If you are not on the home screen yet, tap on the Home button (middle hard button ) once or tap the Back (right soft key) a few times until it takes you to the home screen.Go to your home screen.
- Remove - removes the current photo as the profile photo.
- Image - open the images folder so you can choose the photo that you want.
- Picture by people - open the folder where people share pictures with you. You can use it to upload a profile photo on your device.
- Take picture - sources the profile photo from the camera. The process is simple - point at the subject and take the picture. Cameras on the front or on the main both work.
- S Memo - allows you to source the picture from an S Memo.
Questions and Answers
Lost pictures in Gallery file "auto back up"?
I just followed directions on how to delete some select pictures off my S4 auto back up Gallery folder and now the folder is empty. I didn't want them all gone. Directions said to go into settings, to app manager, to Gallery and clear the cache/data. Was that a big fat mistake?
Clearing your cache won't delete any file on your Gallery. It merely deletes the data that can make you quickly go to the last picture watched on the gallery, or the last point where you are on a certain move when you stopped and closed it.
Clearing data on your device through the application manager will delete any file on your phone's Gallery folder. Upon clicking on Clear data, a prompt will ask you a confirmation that the action will delete all data permanently including all the files on it.
You may have made a mistake but you learned from it. Next time, if you want to empty more space on your device, only clear the cache and not the Application data.
I'm under Google plus but the page is different than displayed I'm trying to locate my profile picture to change it?
I need to change my profile picture
You can change it from within Gmail under My Account and then Photo or on Google Plus. If you are using the app for Google Plus, open it in the browser and select desktop as view. You can then click the photo and select Change Photo. You can also do this on the PC.
Trying to upload pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to my Mac and was trying to use Google plus. I cannot seem to find an easy way to upload photos since I got this phone and this mac. I read Google + was the way to go, however, in going through the steps on my phone, I reach a screen that allows backup of existing pictures but no instant upload option appears. What am I doing wrong?
Unable to reach instant upload screen while trying to learn to use Google+ to download pictures from Galaxy S4 to Mac.
Google Photos is the way to go and not Google Plus. They are two entirely different apps. With Google Photos as an app from the Play Store you can backup. Mine is set to backup daily and you can create a shortcut to your Camera app from your phone. This allows you instant upload.
Can I move pictures from Google + to my Galaxy S4?
I recently got a new phone and lost all of my pictures from my phone. However, they are on my Google+ (pictures) account. I am trying to figure out how to move them from Google+ to be viewable in my Gallery.
The Google+ auto backup feature can be very helpful for what you are trying to do. This is because it will let you access your photos anywhere and from every device. However, sometimes downloading backed up photos from Google can be very confusing. But there are many ways to download them. One of these methods is by using your PC to download the photos from your account and then transferring them to the phone. Follow the steps below to download and transfer your photos from the Google auto backup app:
- 1Turn your PC on.
- 2Open a web browser.
- 4Login into your account, if it's necessary.
- 5Select your photos and download them on your PC.
- 6Once you've downloaded them, plug your Samsung Galaxy S4 via a USB cable into the computer.
- 7When the phone is connected, copy and paste the downloaded photos to your phone.
- 8Your photos should be moved to the phone and you can access them from you gallery app.
If you have any additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section below.
I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4?
I cannot connect to my computer with my Samsung S4
- 1Use the original USB cable;
- 2Make sure that the USB slot that you are using works with other devices.
- 4You can look them up on the Internet or obtain from this location. Download either USB driver and store it on your HDD.If you still cannot connect your device, download MTP drivers.
- Open the Device Manager panel. You can do that by pressing the Windows key and typing "Device Manager". Press "Enter".
- Expand the items in Device Manager to find your phone driver and right-click it. Select "Update Driver Software..." Now, locate and select the driver that you have downloaded in this step. This will install the MTP driver.
- 5Reboot your computer.
I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this?
I would like to delete 2 pics from my auto back file. I do not want to delete them all, how do I do this
Go to the website for the cloud that you are backing up to like Picassa or Google Photos. You can then edit the folder from there and delete the two pics.
How to restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery?
How do I restore backed up pics from Google + to camera Gallery? Thank you.
Go into your Gallery app and click on Settings. There will then be an option to sync and you would choose Google. Your phone should have synced any photos when you assigned your Gmail account to the device. You can also go into your Main Settings and sync your Google Account. The photos usually take a while before they appear. Also, you will need to be connected to WiFi for syncing to happen.
I am at a library wanting to apply for a job. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and want to know how to send the photos on my phone to my email address. However, I am not sure I can do this as this is public library computer and not my own?
Is this even feasible? or do I need to find someone's personal computer to do this.
You would attach the photos from your phone to your email on your phone app. This being said, why do that when you can put an app like Google Photos on which auto-backups to a cloud accessible by website. Personally, I would not send any photos to your email on a public computer unless they were ones that you did not mind the whole world viewing. Rule of thumb is: If you do not want the entire world to know something, do not access the content on public WiFi or a public computer. In fact, even though libraries are cautious about their computers it is simple to install a keylogger on there and then access emails with the information. Always assume a keylogger is on the PC in a public place.
My phone is running out of storage space?
I have too many pictures on my phone. I would like to keep them all somewhere besides my phone and FREE.
Google Photos is free, OneDrive is free and so are many other storage clouds such as Google Drive. You will run out of space eventually but you should be fine if you occasionally go on the PC to Google Photos for instance, and save the images to your PC or external hard drive. Then delete the images from the cloud. I have Google Photos as an app and go in there once a week and delete all photos from my phone that have been backed up. This is simply just a tap and choose the delete all function which is great and keeps my storage on my phone clear for free!