Install and Setup Instagram on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Gordon, Eng, Bedfrid and 7 others
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to install and set up the Instagram application on the Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3The 'Store' tile has a blue background, with the Store symbol in white on it. The Store symbol is a white shopping bag with the Microsoft logo on it. The image on the tile will often change to that of apps that are currently popular in the Microsoft Store, so it will not always be the same image. If the Store application is not pinned to the home screen, swipe from right to left to view the apps menu. Find and tap 'Store' in the Apps menu to open the Microsoft Store.Find and tap the Store tile to open the Microsoft Store application.
- 5If 'Instagram' does not appear in the list of suggestions, finish typing the full app name in the search field and tap the enter icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to initiate the search.Begin to type 'Instagram' into the search field and tap 'Instagram' in the suggested searches below the search field when it appears.
- 8In this example, Instagram BETA has already been installed on the phone in order to save time in the video. As a result, instead of 'install' the box reads 'view'. Wait a few minutes for the application to be downloaded and installed on the phone. Once the app has finished installing, continue the steps below to set up the Instagram application.Tap 'install' in the bottom left corner of the screen to install the app.
- 11There will be two options to register for a new Instagram account. Tap 'Register with Facebook' to register using a Facebook account, or tap 'Register with Email' to register using an email account. Registering using a Facebook account shortens the process, as information from the Facebook account will be used to create the new Instagram profile. Also, the Facebook and Instagram accounts will be linked, meaning we will not have a separate login username and password for Instagram and will be able to use our Facebook login information to sign into Instagram. When registering with an email account, we will need to create a new Instagram username and password and provide an email address. In this example, we will register with an email address.Instagram will open to the sign-in screen.
- 14There will be a message above the username field, to the right of 'create a username', that will notify us whether or not the username that was entered is available or not. If the username has already been taken, try a variation of the name by adding additional numbers, or create a new name.Tap the checkmark icon at the bottom of the screen to finish typing a username.
- 17Before viewing the main screen, we will have the option to enter our full name and phone number. These will not be shown on Instagram, but these details allow our friends to find our account without knowing our username.Once a username, password, and email have been entered; we will be able to enter the application.
- 24If you have any questions or comments, please post them in the comments section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to install and set up the Instagram application on the Microsoft Lumia 535.
Video: Install and Setup Instagram on Microsoft Lumia 535
Questions and Answers
Why am I getting 'couldn't refresh feed' when I try to load?
I have been using Instagram Beta now for several months. A few days ago, I started experiencing a problem when I try to load my feed. Sometimes, it will load the feed when I tap the 'home' icon, but it pops the 'couldn't refresh feed' message. The major problem is on my 'profile' icon - it is completely not loading. When I go to my profile, I can see my bio, but I can't see any of my posts. I can't even comment back when someone leaves a comment.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.