Install Whatsapp on Samsung Galaxy S8
Edited by Jay, Maria Quinney
WhatsApp is one the most popular free Instant Messaging apps available on the market today. Used by millions of people around the world daily, WhatsApp Messenger has gained an enormous userbase because of its; ease of use, various options, and end-to-end encryption. It will function with either mobile data or WiFi, which is excellent for both versatility and data usage efficiency. Because most native SMS apps require a data plan of some kind, WhatsApp makes an excellent alternative for those who are limited in their texting. In addition to the variety of user-friendly options, you can also use two-step verification, which allows you to set a pin, in the event you need to register your number again in the future.
In the following article, we performed a fresh install of WhatsApp Messenger on a Samsung Galaxy S8 running Android Nougat. We'll cover; the installation process, chats, status updates, calls, and also some key settings.
- 8The next couple screens will ask for access to your photos, media, files, and contacts. Allowing access to your files and contacts is optional, but doing so will save some time having to invite friends later on.
- 10The next screen will ask you to make sure the phone number you entered is correct. If the number is correct, tap "OK", if it's incorrect, tap "EDIT" and fix it.
Chats, Invite Friends, Status, and Calls
- 1Because we allowed WhatsApp access to our contacts in the previous section, we already have several people to whom we can begin chatting. To start a new chat, tap the green message icon in the lower right corner.Advertisement
- 3Once you're on the chat screen you'll see several icons, as well as the standard text input and keyboard. To send a message, tap the green circle with the white arrow.
- 1To access the app's settings, tap the three-dot menu in the upper right corner from the main screen, then tap "Settings".
There is no user reviews.