Install Viber on an Android Phone
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng, Alma
Hi, you're watching VisiHow. Today I'm going to show you how to install Viber on your Android phone. It doesn't matter which type of Android phone, what manufacturer or what version of Android you're running because they all basically function the same.
- 4Here we have Viber. This appears to be the official app. You'll notice there are some other applications in here as well, but you want to stick with the official app. Don't download other stuff because you never know who's going to be skimming your information, taking your passwords or anything else like that.
- 5Here we have Viber: Free Messages and Calls from Viber Media. It has much better rating than Skype. Let's tap on install. Once we tap on install it's going to say Viber requires access to the following, but as you can see Viber basically requires access to nothing, whereas Skype requires access to a tremendous amount of personal information and details. If you're concerned about privacy Viber is the one to go with. Tap Accept.
- 6After you tap accept it will start downloading. This is a slightly larger application than Skype, approximately 12MB larger. That's not really a significant amount, however, it does mean it will take a little bit longer to download. Viber has now finished installing and now we can simply tap on Open.
- 10Under Security, scroll down to Unknown Sources. You'll get a quick popup saying that installing from unknown sources may be harmful to your device and personal data. By tapping OK you're basically saying you know what you're doing or that you trusted my advice. I am only giving this advice for Viber. Let's go ahead and click OK for Viber. This is specific to one video, I'm going to uncheck it when I'm done downloading this app.
- 17This is how to install Viber. We look forward to assisting you with additional videos and help, just let us know in the comments section. Have a great day.
Video: Install Viber on an Android Phone
Questions and Answers
Will my data be lost if I install Viber to a second cell phone?
I have 2 phones 1 with Viber but the battery is dead. Now I am planning to install Viber to another I am wondering if by doing so all the texts and photos will be still there when I fix the battery and use that phone again or all the previous info will be lost. If I install Viber to a second phone?
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Grimm