Install VLC Media Player on Windows 7
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng, terrydangler and 4 others
Install VLC Media Player on Windows 7 and enjoy one of the best free video/audio players out there! VLC Player is an excellent piece of free software that allows you to play virtually any media file type, including MKV. It has all the drivers that a number of other media player software don't have. Sometimes you want to watch a file in Windows Media Player it won't play the sound, or it will play the sound but not the video because it doesn't have the correct codecs. VLC often has almost everything you'll need, and it's genuinely one of the best platforms with which to view and listen to media content.
Download and Install VLC Media Player on Windows 7
- 1Go to VLC's Windows download page, then click the Download VLC button.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
Why does the unpacking stage freeze?
During the unpacking stage after I check yes to authorize download. the unpacking stage goes to 12% and then freezes. I have tried: Downloading several times and looking for answers on the internet
Here are some tips that might help you.
- Disable your resident antivirus when installing the software.
- Close all of the programs on the background.
- Check if there is enough free space on all of the disk drives.
- Check if the TEMP directory is set correctly. Press the Windows and "Pause - Break" buttons together. Click "Advanced system settings". Click "Environment variables..." Check that you have both TEMP and TMP variables set to valid drives and folders.
- You have to be an administrator on your computer, so right-click the downloaded file and choose "Run as administrator".
- If you are in a corporate domain, then you may need to ask the computer administrator to install it for your profile.
- Navigate to the VLC download Web page and click the arrow next to "Download VLC". Choose "Zip package". When you have downloaded the file, unpack it to a folder and run the "vlc.exe" file.