Install Snapdragon S2 ROM On Galaxy S2
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Eng, Francomario and 2 others
I owned a Galaxy S2 for a long time, liked everything about it, but what I thought that the next Android update will bring Multi-Windows concept in Galaxy S2 like it is on Galaxy S4 or Galaxy Note2, I tried many custom ROMs but still no Multi-Windows, I did find a Multi window browser in Play Store but it's no better than the default one. So, after 3 months of searching I finally found a ROM that has Multi-window concept and almost every Application can support it. It took me a lot of time and I don't want anyone else to suffer as I did so I will share it with you people. In this article I will show you how to install Snapdragon S2 ROM for Galaxy S2.
How to install Snapdragon S2 ROM for Galaxy S2
- You will need Snapdragon S2 ROM. Here
- Your Device must be rooted.
- Make sure to install CWM recovery on your device.
- Make sure that battery is at 85% before the installation.
- 1Connect Galaxy S2 to PC and copy the Downloaded file to the root of your SD card for easy to find.
- 2Unplug the cable.
- 3Turn off your Phone.
- 4Now Press Power + Home + Volume up button to get into recovery mode.
- 5In the recovery select Factory Data Wipe, then select Cache Wipe, then select Dalvik Cache Wipe Just in case.
- 6Then Scroll down to Flash from Zip.
- 7Then Choose Update from SD card.
- 8Scroll down to the last file where you will see your downloaded/copied file and select it.
- 9Select the installation and confirm the installation on the next screen.
- 10Wait for the installation to finish, you don't need to install Google Apps for this ROM, so there is no need to worry.
- 11After the installation is done, return to main screen and select reboot, and wait 2-5 minutes for the first run.
Questions and Answers
Can you please help me with after rebooting my phone with Snapdragon ROM?
I installed the snapdragon ROM for my Galaxy S2 and when I rebooted the phone afterwards , it just went pass the Dorimax sign and the Galaxy S4 boot animation, then my phone turned off, sometimes it goes into a boot loop. Sometimes there is nothing on the screen after the failed boot, if I touch the home button, the menu and back buttons glow. I do not know what to do. Please help me.
Most likely part of the Snapdragon ROM did not install properly, and so you have a corrupted installation of the Snapdragon ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2. To correct this, wipe your data and restart the update process.
Read our guide on how to factory reset an Android device here.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: Dougie, Francomario, Eng