Install Snapdragon S2 ROM On Galaxy S2
Edited by Mohsin, Charmed, Eng, Francomario and 2 others
I owned a Galaxy S2 for a long time, liked everything about it, but what I thought that the next Android update will bring Multi-Windows concept in Galaxy S2 like it is on Galaxy S4 or Galaxy Note2, I tried many custom ROMs but still no Multi-Windows, I did find a Multi window browser in Play Store but it's no better than the default one. So, after 3 months of searching I finally found a ROM that has Multi-window concept and almost every Application can support it. It took me a lot of time and I don't want anyone else to suffer as I did so I will share it with you people. In this article I will show you how to install Snapdragon S2 ROM for Galaxy S2.
How to install Snapdragon S2 ROM for Galaxy S2
- You will need Snapdragon S2 ROM. Here
- Your Device must be rooted.
- Make sure to install CWM recovery on your device.
- Make sure that battery is at 85% before the installation.
- 1Connect Galaxy S2 to PC and copy the Downloaded file to the root of your SD card for easy to find.Advertisement
- 2Unplug the cable.Advertisement
- 3Turn off your Phone.
- 4Now Press Power + Home + Volume up button to get into recovery mode.
- 5In the recovery select Factory Data Wipe, then select Cache Wipe, then select Dalvik Cache Wipe Just in case.
- 6Then Scroll down to Flash from Zip.
- 7Then Choose Update from SD card.
- 8Scroll down to the last file where you will see your downloaded/copied file and select it.
- 9Select the installation and confirm the installation on the next screen.
- 10Wait for the installation to finish, you don't need to install Google Apps for this ROM, so there is no need to worry.
- 11After the installation is done, return to main screen and select reboot, and wait 2-5 minutes for the first run.
Questions and Answers
Can you please help me with after rebooting my phone with Snapdragon ROM?
I installed the snapdragon ROM for my Galaxy S2 and when I rebooted the phone afterwards , it just went pass the Dorimax sign and the Galaxy S4 boot animation, then my phone turned off, sometimes it goes into a boot loop. Sometimes there is nothing on the screen after the failed boot, if I touch the home button, the menu and back buttons glow. I do not know what to do. Please help me.
Most likely part of the Snapdragon ROM did not install properly, and so you have a corrupted installation of the Snapdragon ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S2. To correct this, wipe your data and restart the update process.
Categories : Android
Recent edits by: Dougie, Francomario, Eng