Install Google Apps On Android Device
Edited by Saira, Lynn, Eng, Christine dela Cruz and 5 others
Google apps are the proprietary apps included in almost every Android device. While installing an official ROM, there is no need to install Google apps separately as they are already included in the firmware, but while installing a custom ROM, Google apps are not included. Google Apps basically consists of about seven to eight apps in one package, depending on the version you are about to install. It usually includes Google Play Store, Google Talk, Gmail, Google Sync, Google Back-up, Google Maps, Google Search and YouTube. You can find almost all of these apps in the Google Play Store, except the Play Store itself, but installing them one at a time can be quite a task, so to make it easier, just follow the instructions below to download all of these Google Apps for all Android versions in one action.
- 1Do not extract the file. Download GApps, according to the version you want to install.
- 2Do not download to your phone's memory.Copy and paste the downloaded file to the root of your SD card.
- 3Power off your device.
- 4Depending on your device, there are different ways to get into recovery mode.Turn your device on - in recovery mode.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Select the GApps according to the Android version that the custom ROM is based on.
- Any custom or stock recovery must be installed on your device.
- Google apps are mostly necessary for CyanogenMod only, as any other custom ROM will give you the OTA update for Google Apps.
- Make sure your battery is at least half charged before beginning.
Most Popular and Frequently-Used Google Apps
- 1The popularity of Google Mail has overtaken Yahoo when it comes to both personal, and office use. Google Mail was the first to be able to prevent the influx of a lot of spam. Google Mail also allows for companies to create their company mail through the Google Mail domain. This has made Google Mail extremely useful for companies and those who are doing freelance work.Google Mail.
Questions and Answers
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.