Install Cm10.1 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110 Final Jelly Bean Custom Rom
Edited by Batkingnz, Lynn, Eng, Nana Moreno and 1 other
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 was released back in May 2012, with many users purchasing one up to enjoy the experience of a mobile Tablet, but as it often happens these days, Samsung was behind in announcing an official release for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on the device. While many users aren't worried about upgrading the OS, there are a number of enthusiasts and power users who want to keep up to date with the various Android revisions.
Installing Android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy Tab 2
If you are one of those people who want to keep your Tab 2 updated to the latest revisions, and you want the Jelly Bean custom ROM on your phone right now, just read the instructions below.
What You'll Need
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Model P3110.
- Your device should be rooted.
- The Firmware and Google Apps packages that are linked to in the next section.
- You will need a custom recovery installed on your rooted device. In the example we will use CWM.
- A PC for transferring files.
- A compatible USB cable to connect your phone to your PC. The cable that came with your devise is the best.
Install Android 4.2.2 On Your Galaxy Tab 2
- 2Once your downloads have completed, connect your Tablet to your PC using the original or compatible USB cable.Advertisement
- 3Locate the Android 4.2.2 CM10.1.zip file in your downloads folder.
- 4Copy the file to your SD card. This should be in the root directory (just copy it to the main directory of the card without opening any folders first).
- 5Turn off your Tablet and turn it back on by holding the "Home" and "Volume Up" keys. This will launch the custom recovery.
- 6Once CWM or other custom recovery on your Tablet has loaded, you will need to clear some of the stored data on your device before installing Android 4.3
- Select "Full Data Wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- Next select "Cache Wipe" and wait for this to complete.
- The final clean-up here is performing a full "Dalvik Cache Wipe". Select the option for this and wait until it is completed.
- 7After you have completed the above steps, scroll down on the menu and select "Install Zip From SD card". You can now choose the .zip file that you previously copied to the root of your SD card. You will be prompted to confirm the installation; just confirm any prompts and the installation will begin. This should take less than 20 minutes.
- 8One the installation is complete: you'll see an option to reboot the system from the recovery menu. Let your Tablet reboot normally and you will now be running the Android 4.2 custom OS.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- This guide is intended for the Galaxy Tab 2 and will have mixed results for other devices. You should only apply these instructions to a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
- Installing custom ROMs, firmware or OS's can be risky. Ensure you have backed up any important data and that you have followed the instructions exactly.
- In some regions, modifying your device will void your warranty.
- Ensure that your battery is fully charged before beginning. If your Tablet discharges while installing, the file system may become irreparably damaged.
Questions and Answers
Help unlocking my Maxwest 4.2 Jellybean.
I forgot my pin and can't log in and the reset button won't reset.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Nana Moreno, Eng, Lynn