Install 4.4.2 on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Melsan, Alma, Maria Quinney, Grimm and 3 others
Are you a T-Mobile subscriber who has a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone? Yet, you only have a 4.3 version of the Android phone that you are using? This article will give you the steps that you need in order for you to have the latest firmware to be installed on your mobile phone. The file size of this update for your mobile phone will take up to 388 MB from your main storage, your phone must be in M919UVUEMK2 which is your phone's current version (4.3) for T-Mobile handset.
The update for your T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with a lot of features, Improved stability, reduced memory usage, a built in wireless printing support, white-status bar icons and a lot of other options that are helpful to improve your experience from T-Mobile's Samsung Galaxy S4. Here are some stock details of the M919UVUFNB4 update:
Model number: SGH-M919
Android version: 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
Baseband version: M919UVUFNB4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-540242
Build Number: KOT49H.M919UVUFNB4
Build Date: 14, February 2014
Release Date: 10, March 2014
Please note that not all Samsung Galaxy S4 will receive an OTA (Over the Air) update for all Samsung Galaxy S4 from T-Mobile. If you are not receiving any updates via OTA (Over the Air). If you want to download the firmware in advance, you need to do it manually on your phone to update it to 4.4.2 (Kitkat).
Prerequisites and Warning
- 1This is for you to ensure that you can restore your data in case it fails or something might gone bad during update.Backup all your data to your computer using the Samsung Galaxy S4 Kies.Advertisement
- 2Battery life must be at least 80% to avoid your phone getting turn off during the process.Advertisement
- 3Install all the drivers on your computer and Enable the USB debugging on your phone.
- 4If you have installed custom ROMs, Custom Recovery will be lost on your phone.
- 5Your phone must be running at official M919UVUEMK2 or 4.3 Android version
- 1https://mega.co.nz/#!U0kgSBgL!oTyV07Oy7OQMtZsen4wxybh3s9ZYT0jeJsC-oe2wR84 You can also re-name the file you just download to a name you wanted.Download the firmware package from this link:Advertisement
- 2Get your USB cord and connect it to your computer, it is best that you use the original USB cord that came in the package rather than using unknown or generic as it may have different transfer speed.
- 3Please do not paste the file to any of the existing folders that you have in the SD card. Just paste it in the root, meaning, as soon as you open the SD card or internal storage of the phone.Go to your downloaded folder, then you need to copy the file or cut it then move the file to your SD card.
- 4You are going to access the Android Recovery Menu on your phone and to do this, you need to:After you move the file, simply remove the phone and turn it off.
- Turn off the phone
- Press and hold the Volume button then the Home button and the power
- Let go of the buttons once you see the Samsung logo on your phone screen.
- 5Once you have the recovery up on your phone screen, use the volume keys to highlight "Apply update.zip" if you have the file copied in the internal storage and select the "Apply update from external storage" if you have it on your external storage.
- 6After the update of the phone, it will automatically restart it's system and your phone will now be on 4.4.2 or on Kitkat M919UVUFNB4 If you want to double check your phone's information for it's version and others. Just go to:Once you found the file, open it then select the install use the power to select it and wait until the process has been done.
- 7On your phone, go to Applications
- 8Tap on Settings then scroll down
- 9Tap on About device to know all the information you needed.
This is applicable for subscribers who do not have WiFi internet at home nor computer access due to security which they cannot install Kies.
Tips & Tricks
If you want to update the phone via Kies, you can also do it that way as it will be pushed through as well.
If you receive an OTA, then you can install Kitkat via OTA if you have WiFi internet at home or to where you are currently at.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Dougie-1, Dougie, Grimm