Insert a microSD Card into a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Edited by David Mason, Eng, VisiHow
If you have run out of space on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you probably want to get yourself a microSD card. The newest microSD cards available are upwards of 200 GB worth of space. This is an enormous amount of additional storage for your Galaxy S7 Edge. However, even 64 GB is more than adequate. Whatever you decide on in terms of the actual memory of a microSD card for your S7, you are going to need to know where to insert it. This is because the Samsung Galaxy S7 has a different SD card arrangement than any previous model. It functions as a dual SIM holder with the topmost SIM card slot doubling as a microSD card slot. This means that you can choose to have either two SIM cards or one SIM card and one microSD card. In this tutorial below we will be showing you how to set up one SIM card and one microSD card.
Removing the SIM Card Tray
- 1The first thing we will need to do is remove the SIM card tray from our Samsung Galaxy S7. This is done by using a SIM-card removal tool, and placing it into the topmost hole on the left side of our Galaxy S7. This hole is directly over the letter 'S' on the front of the phone where it reads 'Samsung'.Advertisement
- 2Once inserted, apply firm but gentle pressure to the tool. When you have done this, the SIM-card tray will slide out slightly. If you have trouble, please reference our article on how to remove the SIM card tray on a Galaxy S7 Edge.Advertisement
- 4Once the SIM-card tray has been removed, take your microSD card and place it into the top section of the SIM-card tray. This is the biggest slot in the SIM-card tray. When placed into the tray, use your finger and apply gentle but steady pressure, making sure that the microSD card sits flush with the edges of the tray.
- 8Swipe down from the notification panel to bring up the memory card notification. Here, you will see that you can explore or eject the memory card. There are other things you can do with the microSD card as well. These are discussed in our memory card tutorials for the Galaxy S7 here on VisiHow. Please reference those tutorials or ask in the questions section below this article if you need additional help.
- 9Congratulations! You have now successfully inserted a microSD card into your Samsung Galaxy S7. From here, you can start using all of the extra memory space you now have.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy S7 Related
Recent edits by: Eng, David Mason