Insert Symbols in Word 2010 with Hotkeys
Edited by Thor, Leomar Umpad, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow! In this video I am going to show you some of the more unusual and less common hot keys that can be used with Microsoft Word 2010. These hot keys are less well known than their brethren but they can be very useful so it is good to know them - and know that they are there, if the occasion arises.
- 1To use the copyright symbol, we have to press the "Alt", "Ctrl" and "C". Alt, Ctrl and C brings up the copyright symbol (we can do that a few more times). If you need to copyright this piece of work, then you know what to do - like when you want to make it seem like official.The first hot key I have is the copyright symbol.
- 4Ellipsis comes from the ancient Greek word meaning omission. As you can see it's a series of dots that represents the omission of possible text and is used in order to present the desired information without having to include the complete text. This allows someone just to highlight the certain areas they want to express without having to include the full, complete text causing too much, unnecessary, and superfluous information.Another symbol is the ellipsis which is "Alt", "Ctrl", "PERIOD".
- 8Go to a section, in this case- 4, and press "Alt", "Ctrl" and "L" and we will have "4)a)" - section 4, subsection A. Press Enter. Press "Alt", "Ctrl", and "L" and we have "b" - section 4, subsection B. Once more press "Alt", "Ctrl", "L" and it has actually changed the sections into alternative subsections. If we are to go here and press Enter then Alt Ctrl L, then we have subsection F.If you need to make other sections, you can break it down into subsections.
- 9If you want to move on to the next page then you happen to press Enter and Scroll and press Enter all the way down, you can instead press Ctrl and ENTER and that will automatically take to the next page - save you a little bit of time and making it a lot easier.Another hot key that can be useful is when you finish the page and you would like a page break, press Ctrl ENTER will activate a page break.
- 10If you have any suggestions or you have your own favorite unusual hot key, something you would think that you need to share with people - then please do. You can leave that in the comment box below and we will publish them in the future. You have been watching VisiHow, and goodbye!These are some of the less well-known and more unusual hot keys to using Word 2010.
Video: Insert Symbols in Word 2010 with Hotkeys
Categories : Microsoft Suites
Recent edits by: Leomar Umpad, Thor