Increase Vocal Clarity and Protect your Singing Voice From Overuse
Edited by Denise Naugle, Eng, Doug Collins, Nuance
In this article you will learn the differences between certain foods that are good and bad for you for your vocal clarity. You will also find information on what you need to know if you are going to use your vocal chords are used all the time, whether singing or speaking.
Increase The Clarity Of Your Vocal Abilities
There are things you can do, and you should get into the habit of doing, to be kind to your voice. Likewise, there are things you shouldn't do, and things you should avoid.
What You Need To Do For Your Voice
- 5Foods that contain Vitamin C include; bell peppers, dark leafy greens, kiwi fruit, broccoli, berries, citrus fruits (don't eat citrus fruits on the day of your event though because of the acid), tomatoes, peas, and papayas.Vitamin C helps prevent colds and sore throat as well, it improves the body's immune system.
- 7The honey also makes it hard for mucus to dwell within the vocal cords. A spoon full of this will help keep bacteria away and will also help to heal sore throats faster than regular honey. If you can't find Manuka honey, try to find honey that is natural and organic. You can also add a teaspoon of honey to hot water.Manuka honey, which has anti-microbial properties - bacteria will find it hard to survive and reproduce in honey.
What to Avoid Consuming
Ways to Keep Your Vocal Chords Healthy
- 1Your vocal cords are muscles that require much attention before you sing. Without warming up before a performance it can cause minor injuries or worse. Just as athletes before competition warm up, singers should do warm-ups as well. They are essential to prevent damage or strain to the vocal chords, which can lead to long-term issues. 15 minutes before the event would be a good time to warm up your vocals folds. This VisiHow article that will explain [Warm up your voice/vocal cords before singing Various Vocal Exercises.]Doing warm-ups is essential.
- 2When anything is stressed, it cannot work properly. This is how we should view our vocals when we haven't gotten that 8 hours important sleep. When our bodies are tired, so are our vocal chords, making our voice raspy and hard to hit high notes because lack of rest.Rest.
- 3As soon as you feel the urge to clear your throat, drink some water instead. This takes practice but, it can be done. Clearing your throat constantly causes damage to your vocal folds. This becomes a vicious cycle - the more one person does it the more they feel they need to do it.Drinking water instead of clearing your throat.
What To Do When Your Vocal Cords Are Hurt Due To Overuse Or Abuse
- 1Do not use them during this healing period no matter what.When your vocal cords get damaged due to overuse during a performance, it takes 24-36 hours for them to heal fully.
- 2The truth is - nothing can clear the vocal folds in order for you to have a unstrained clear sound better than water. So drink plenty of water while they are repairing.If they don't improve within two days, and you are taking care of your throat, they will begin to constrict, causing minor if not permanent damage to your vocal chords.
I can talk so well from this place because several months ago my vocal cords or vocal folds were torn and I had to take 21 days to get them back to normal and the things I listed were the things I did and they are stronger than they have ever been. I still take the cod liver oil pills ever day with them keeping my vocals lubricated.
I hope this article has been helpful to you, for any question or concerns you may have concerning your vocal cords comment below I will be happy to answer your questions. If you follow these steps you are on your way to a healthy clear singing voice.