Improve Your Immune System Function with Coconut
Edited by Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
If Aloe Vera is tagged as "the plant of immortality", what is known as the "tree of life"? Yes, it is the coconut tree. Why so? This is because one-third of the population of the world depends on it - for food, employment and the economy.
More reasons why it is called the tree of life? It's because of its many uses from its, including its nuts, trunk, leaves and roots. Another reason is that it has a lot of medical and health benefits. Ever wondered what is the world's healthiest oil? Yes, it's coconut oil.
It was only recently that experts became convinced that coconut oil is healthy, or the healthiest oil, so to speak. Now it is used for cooking, beauty products, manufacturing and as an immune system booster. Coconut as an immune system booster is becoming more and more popular. If you want to try it, make sure that you are willing to change your lifestyle. You should quit smoking, work out, stay away from alcohol and other toxic substances and manage your stress properly.
Read more and learn how coconut can be your lifesaver and a best pal to your immune system.
Coconut and Your Immune System
- 1Coconut oil as anti-viral agent. Fifty percent of fatty acid found in coconut oil is lauric acid. The body converts this acid into monolaurin, which later acts as anti-virus. Lipid layers which are enclosed or attacked by viruses are disrupted, thus killing the virus. Recent studies have shown that coconut oil has an adverse effect on cytomegalovirus, visna virus, herpes simplex virus-1, measles virus, vesicular stomatitis virus and HIV.Advertisement
- 2It is also thought to have anticancer properties. A lab test done in gastic cancer cell-injected mice in 2008 has shown that including a coconut oil in the diet slows down tumor growth.Advertisement
- 3Potential prevention against microbes. Besides having anti-viral elements, coconut oil has also shown some potential to fight against microbes such as yeast, bacteria, fungus or protozoans.
- 4Improves Food Absorption for the Sick. Medium-chain fatty acid like coconut oil is known to help improve the absorption of food and nutrients by the bodies of sick people. This will benefit them because proper nutrition absorption results in a better immune system. This will be of great benefit for sick people who are undergoing surgery.
- 5Speeds up Metabolism. It has been found that coconut oil has the ability to boost metabolism. Speedy metabolism resulting in weight loss can help improve the immune system, thus making the body more resistant to pathogens.
Suggested Coconut Intake for the Immune System
- 1Half the coconut to open.Advertisement
- 2Divide the meat into four parts.
- 3After eating your breakfast, you can eat a quarter of the coconut.
- 4During lunch you can have the half.
- 5In the evening, you can consume the final slice.
- 6Continue with it and make sure to do it daily.
Suggested Coconut Oil Intake
For faster metabolism that results to improved immune system, 2 tablespoons should be consumed daily.
Suggested Coconut Oil Recipe
If you think that your taste buds would not be loving the taste of pure coconut oil or fresh coconut meat, here is a recipe that you can try:
- 1 cup walnuts or almonds
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- shredded coconut
- 3-4 tablespoons of raw cocoa
- cup of organic dates
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Make bite-size balls from the mixture.
- Roll them in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, and they are ready to eat.
Other Known Benefits of Coconut
- Aides in the relief of chronic fatigue syndrome
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Prevents liver ailments
- Aides in the function of the thyroid
- Prevents dandruff
- Reduces inflammation
- Aides in improving digestion
- Repairs tissues
- If you are allergic to coconuts, you should try some other foods to boost your immune system.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Coconut Usage & Benefits
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Robbi