Improve Sleep with Lavender Oil
Edited by Jmgf, Maria Quinney, Lynn, Rebecca M. and 2 others
"Lavender is a flower plant that belongs to the mint family which exudes a fragrant smell that helps in slowing down the heart rate, lowering the blood pressure and moving the body into a relaxed state. Studies have shown that the scent of lavender helps in easing anxiety and insomnia, and it also helps in giving a deeper and better quality of sleep for its users."
Lavender oil is most commonly known as a "calming oil" and it has been often used to help balance the body. It can also be used in a number of other ways, such as helping you sleep better, reducing stress and calming the nerves. The scent of the lavender helps in inducing the brain into a slow wave sleep or a deep slumber resulting to a more relaxed and refreshing rest. It is during this deep slumber that the brain is able to relax itself more.
The essential oil plays a vital part in ensuring the effectiveness of lavender in the body, the consistency by which the compounds found in essential oils are built upon helps in ensuring that the needs of the organs and the cells are addressed.
- Versatile: Can be used as a food and drink flavoring, cleaning material and for relaxation purposes
- Helps in achieving a well balanced mind and body
Sleep & relaxation
- Sleep inducing
- Stress reliever
- Whole body relaxation
Improve your sleep by making use of lavender oil before sleeping.
How to use lavender oil
- 2The scent from the oil will last longer as it seeps in under your pillow.Pour a portion of your lavender oil into a tissue and tuck it under your bed.
- 6Use an aroma diffuser to strengthen the aroma from the lavender - the heat from the candle will help in spreading the scent around the room.
Other functions and uses of the lavender include the following:
Skin body wellness
- Treatment of bruises; lavender also has disinfectant properties
- Eases insect bites
- Treatment of sunburns - prevents peeling and scarring on skin
- Skin moisturizer - pour oil on your skin that's experiencing dryness to help soothe and soften the skin
- Hair conditioner - add 3 to 5 drops of lavender oil in coconut oil to make it an instant perfumed hair softener and conditioner. Leave on hair for at least 30 minutes.
Home & kitchen use
Categories : Holistic Nutrition
Recent edits by: Eng, Rebecca M., Lynn