Impress a Woman
Edited by Donna, Maria Quinney, Eng, Alma
Are You Trying to Impress A Woman or A Girl?
A human female's physical transformation from being a girl into a woman happens in her teens, but mentally and emotionally, the individual personalities of females evolve at different rates. There are some females that demonstrate a personal sophistication and emotional maturity well beyond their years, who are barely in their twenties. Then there are the women over fifty, who have yet to achieve emotional maturity and seem to be like little girls who never want to grow up. These older females with girlish attitudes are sometimes called Wendys, after the character in the story of Peter Pan, who wanted to be just like the main character stay a child for the rest of her life.
This matters because females who are still little girls at heart are much easier to impress than women who have fully evolved personalities. You can tell that you are trying to impress a woman (as opposed to a girl) if:
- 1She does not have marriage as a goal and can be very independent of you, but she does not tolerate infidelity. By contrast, a girlish personality will be very clingy and insecure seem to be unable to be without you for more than a couple of hours. Keep in mind that many cougars (older woman on the make with younger men) tend to be more like girls because they are more interested in sex than a relationship with you. No matter what her age, a woman will want to have a relationship with her lover as part of the high of making love has to do with any emotional bonding that takes place during the courtship. It is the emotionally immature girlish personality that will consider being "just another notch on your belt" to be an accomplishment.Advertisement
- 2She seems more interested in her career, than marriage and only requires you to treat her as an equal partner. A girlish personality will insist on bonding with you immediately and simply assume the two of you will be married without discussing the matter with you first. An evolved feminine personality will always think things through and let you know that she is very careful about who she brings into her personal realm.Advertisement
- 3She does not tend to gossip and prefers to discuss current events rather than people. By contrast, the female who is more of a girl will want to talk about celebrities, friends and will also put others down to make herself appear in a better light. Emotionally mature women do not measure their personal value by what others think.
- 4She is fine with having just a sexual relationship, as long as the matter is agreed upon beforehand (this is especially true if she is a cougar looking for sex on the side). Females with girlish personalities tend to think that having a sexual relationship is proof of having an emotional relationship with a man.
- 5A woman will prefer you call her or ever email you as she sees texting to be an adolescent and time-consuming form of communication. A girl will text you constantly and displays a lot of anxiety if you do not reply to her texts immediately. You are more likely to get an email from a mature, busy woman than a text.
- 6An emotionally mature woman is not as impressed by spontaneity because she is organized and prefers to make plans. A girl is usually up for doing anything, the minute you text her. Emotionally mature women like to have a bit of notice to prepare for their dates.
- 7A woman does not spend a lot of time on social media and may not even have a Facebook account. Women tend to be more on Instagram or Twitter and girlish personalities tend to be on Facebook and Snapchat. Part of emotional maturity is valuing your own privacy. However, this may not apply as much if the woman you are trying to impress is an actress or public relations person and somehow depends on
- 8Emotionally mature female personalities tend to not put the same emphasis on having children that a girlish one does. You know you are dating an emotionally mature woman when she does not seem driven by the sound of her biological clock ticking.
- 9Evolved female personalities tend to take life as it comes and lay less blame, shame and guilt trips on you if a thing doesn't quite work out. The more immature Wendys tend to create dramas if you do not live up to their unrealistic limitations.
- 10A woman does not resort to sexual behaviors that infantilize her such as talking in baby talk or pretending to dumber than you to impress you. Girlish personalities try to bond with you by treating you more like a parent, rather than as an equal.
- 11You are probably dealing with a woman if you are attracted to what she does, rather than how she acts. A girlish personality will use her looks to get what she wants from you, whereas a woman does not want anything from you that badly. She values herself above anything or anyone else.
- 12A woman does not require you to rescue you emotionally, financially or in any other way. It is the girlish personality that relies on a man to pay her rent or be her retirement plan.
- 13A woman is well groomed, physically fit and has some sort of mastery over her vices and health. A girl tends to be a bit lazier, indulges in recreational substances (like alcohol) to escape reality, and may put everything but her health first.
- 14A woman has very high self-esteem and will not try to keep you in a relationship that does not work out. A girl will throw all dignity out the door and beg you to stay with her, without any consideration for what you want.
- 15An emotionally mature woman does not talk about her ex or relationship issues with other men. On the other hand, a girl will try to lead you to believe that other men want her very badly, in order to make you jealous
- 16An emotionally mature woman is not afraid to let some time pass before she makes a decision about wanting to date you. A girl may be frenetic to have that first date because her sense of self-esteem rests on whether or not a male accepts or rejects you.
How to Impress A Woman
Keep in mind that women are much harder to impress than girls, simply because they have higher self-esteem and tend to have more of a pragmatic, rather romantic view of life.
Here are some ways to impress a woman.
- 1Make sure that your grooming is impeccable and that you are well landscaped with a good haircut. Women tend to go for men who are less creative with their hairstyles and who are neater in appearance. If you have a beard, make sure it is symmetrical and that your nose hairs are plucked.Advertisement
- 2Take a shower instead of dosing yourself in a strong smelling deodorant or aftershave. Subtle masculine scents are preferable to the ones that stay in the room for hours after you have left. The strong smell of scented deodorants are more associated with younger immature men and also men that do not have the time to indulge in some proper hygiene.
- 3Make sure that you are dressed either in a very trendy way or in a classic way that never goes out of style. Women do not go out with people dressed in hunter's jackets, flak jackets, came wear, sweatpants, hoodies, T-shirts with logos or anything else that is slightly ill-dignified. A guy in a suit, expensive jeans, impresses women and a sweater and a person who shows up to a date dressed appropriately for the occasion always impresses them.
- 4Call her by her first name always and never ever call her a pet name or give her a little nickname. Women who are emotionally mature hate being called "babe", "baby" or "sweetie." You should be especially sure not to do this when you first meet her or on the first date, as infantilizing her in this way is insulting to an intelligent woman.
- 5Do not comment on her appearance or anyone else is unless you are delivering a compliment. You can say that you find another woman beautiful, as long as you do not set up that woman as being her rival. You should also make sure that the compliment is not too personal. You can compliment her clothes but stay away from commenting her on her skin or body type.
- 6Do not put yourself down in front of her. Even if you are doing this in a humorous way, she will be mentally taking you off of her list of males to date. This is because men who make self-deprecating remarks come off as being insecure and even unstable.
- 7Mind your manners and do not swear. If you are rude, or inconsiderate to her or anyone in any way, she is not going to be impressed by you. Swearing in front of her makes, you seem like you have anger issues or like you never graduated from high school. If you do, things like taking her coat or open doors for her, she will see you as being courteous and kind.
- 8Make the conversation a little bit about her but make it mostly about current events or culture. It is fine to ask her questions about herself, but a more mature female personality will likely want to play her cards close to her chest and not reveal everything. Avoid making the conversation all about you, or she might perceive you as a narcissist who has no idea how to relate to others.
- 9If you are in a bar, walk up to her and ask her what she would like to drink, then order it and pay for it. Don't just send her a drink and have the bartender point you out to her, as that can seem a little bit too much like you are expecting to pick her up that night for sex.
- 10If you make a date with her, make sure you plan it well and that you let her know about it well in advance. This shows her that you respect her time and that you care enough to give her an experience that is worth dressing up for. Emotionally mature women prefer a more upscale experience, whereas a girl will be just as happy if you take her to a fast food restaurant, rather than a fancy bistro.
- 11Do not be precocious, irresponsible or act like a Peter Pan. The Peter Pan male personality behaves like he never wants to grow up. He goes on and on about his expensive toys and insists that she do things that may not be so good for her health or the relationships such as drugs, drinking too much or staying out too late. An emotionally mature woman prefers to be with her equal, not a man-child.
- 12Do not make remarks that seem like you are trying to bribe her or emotionally blackmail her into a relationship with you. For instance, don't say something like, "I would like you to come with me on my camping trip, you can be my girlfriend." Let any involvement that you have with her be the result of her decision, not hers. Men who try to make emotional deals come off as codependent, desperate and needy.
- 13Do not talk to her in a way that is disrespectful or overly familiar. Emotionally mature women care about their personal boundaries and being appreciated for who they are. For instance, you should never say to her something like, "You're the type of babe that is going to be high-maintenance, I can tell." Another would be, "You were the brain in high school right?"
- 14Avoid being arrogant, do not play games with her and be yourself. Women appreciate a candid straightforward suitor who is not role-playing with them in some way. A more evolved female will not fall for a male who is treating her like a sexual submissive or who pretending to be a playboy or secret agent.
- 15If she has children, include them as part of your life experience together. Women tend to fall in love with men that do not compartmentalize her emotionally and that have a few domestic skills. Above all, do not show any jealousy of any of her children or ever display resentment that they might be taking time away from your time together.
- 16If she has an ex who co-parents with her, show respect for that person. Many mothers are deeply impressed by a man who can get along with the man that supports her and her children without displaying territorial behavior or jealousy.
- 17Demonstrate that you have the ability to agree to disagree and that you are not so opinionated that your mind cannot be changed. Do not internalize or react to every bit of information or she will feel that she can never be honest with you about what is going on her life. You will gain her respect if you can learn how to consider both sides of an issue before coming to terms with it.
- 18Limit your contact with her on social media or through text. Emotionally mature women do not tend to fall for men who are on social media a lot because it indicates a person who is a player or not busy enough to have a real life offline. Texting and social media contact are also more associated with short-term relationships and flirtations that lead to nowhere. One of the worst things you can do is tell her something important with a text.
- 19When you call or see her, limit the amount of time that you spend in conversation with her. Be exact with what you say and get to the point. Mature women are impressed with men that do not play with her emotions or keep her wondering. Any message you send her should be very clear, and never ever send her a sarcastic or coy comment that could indicate a lack of respect.
- 20Send her flowers or chocolates with a note as a way of introduction. This is old-fashioned, but it works, because it sends the person the message that you are serious about dating her and that when you do go out, you want to treat her.
- 21Be on time always and never keep her waiting. This shows the woman that you value her time. If she asks you to call at a certain time, then makes sure you call her at that exact time. If you are to meet somewhere, be as prompt as possible.
- 22Always pick her up, preferably in a vehicle, before going out on a date. This will make her realize that you are the kind of man who will meet her all of the way, instead of half way in life. Emotionally mature women are attracted to men who make the effort.
- 23Take her to a romantic restaurant and a really fantastic night on the town. Don't be cheap about it and look your best. A woman will appreciate the expense that you have gone to and feel respected and appreciated by you.
- 24Be a bit of a philanthropist. Emotionally mature people tend to be impressed more by men who put the less fortunate before their own needs. Demonstrating kindness, compassion and a sense of fair play go a long way towards capturing her heart.
- 25Never suggest a night of casual sex without the promise of some kind of commitment or at the very least, that you will make some time for her in the future. Meaningless sex makes most women feel a bit used and they also do not want to waste time with a man who is only interested in sex.
- 26Make it a rule between you that you never go to bed angry. Women are deeply impressed by a man who cares for her peace of mind and who would rather see her get a good night's rest, rather than worry about what he might be thinking after a fight all night.
Tips and Tricks
- One of the worst things you can do is ask a woman to lend you money, as most women do not want a man who is dependent on her, whereas a girly female may like the idea of controlling you with the money she lends you.
- Bragging about yourself will make you seem like needy and like a bit of a little boy to her.
- Being mean to a waiter or waitress, or refusing to tip them is a deal-breaker in the romance department for some women.
- Never talk about your ex and especially don't complain about her as she will be picturing you talking about her the same way some day.
- If she tells you that she is not interested, she means it, so do not force the issue by persistently contacting her if she rejects you.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Eng, Maria Quinney, Donna