Impress a Girl
Edited by Donna, Maria Quinney, Eng
- 1 How To Make Sure Any Girl is Impressed With You At All Times
- 2 How to Impress A Girl Who Is A Stranger
- 3 How to Impress A Girl You Have Met Online
- 4 How to Impress A Girl on the First Date
- 5 How to Impress A Girl That You Want A Relationship With
- 6 Things That Never Impress A Girl
- 7 Tips and Tricks
- 8 Comments
How To Make Sure Any Girl is Impressed With You At All Times
You never know when you are going to run into that girl that you already want to get to know, or when you might run into someone new that you might feel the need to impress. Here are some general rules to follow, if you want to impress a girl.
- 1Make sure that your personal hygiene is impeccable. Brush your teeth, take a shower every day and make sure that you are clean shaven (unless you are thinking of growing a beard.) Make sure your ears are clean and that your fingernails are short, nicely shaped and very clean.Advertisement
- 2Make sure that you smell nice, but not too strongly of a body deodorant. Many body deodorants made for men are so strong, they actually repel women. Choose a neutral non-scented deodorant and then layer a light, expensive men's cologne over it. Two short spritzes on either side of the nape of the neck should be enough. You can also opt to wear an aftershave, but make sure it does not have an overbearing smell. Scents laced with sandalwood, cinnamon, and tobacco can smell very heavy. Instead, choose aftershaves with a minty, citrus or herbal smell and try to stay away from warm oriental blends.Advertisement
- 3Be well dressed in clean clothes that fit you well a dressing a way that is appropriate for the occasion. Do not wear a tracksuit to a nightclub, for instance. Look your best, even if you are going out to walk the dog because you never know whom you are going to meet. Women tend to be very impressed by a man that shows good taste because it also shows that he likes to go shopping.
- 4Never try to get her attention by putting other people down. Most women find this offensive and you will come off as an insecure individual. She may be laughing just to be polite, but privately, she will be thinking that you would not make a good date.
- 5Mind your manners at all times. Open the door for others, say "please and thank you" and pull out your chair for her at dinner. Being a perfect gentleman at all times can go long ways towards impressing a woman, as most females want someone who is gallant and who is also considerate of her and others.
- 6Do not swear in her presence. Men who cuss a lot come off as ill educated and insecure, and although she may laugh when you swear, she probably is not considering you to be a pleasant person to be around for long.
- 7As a general rule, do not get so close that she can take you for granted. If you are too familiar with her, she will start treating you as a friend. Avoid being her confidante, especially about other or past relationships. Shut all conversations about her personal life with other men down immediately.
How to Impress A Girl Who Is A Stranger
If you spot a girl at a party or in a bar, club, at a wedding or anywhere else, it is absolutely crucial that you make a great first impression. Here are some ways to approach her that may help you to get to know her, and perhaps set up a date with her.
- 1Approach her in a respectful way, look her in the eye for about four seconds and give her your nicest smile. It takes about four seconds for humans to make a meaningful connection with each other.Advertisement
- 2Compliment her on her appearance but do not make it too personal. For instance, it is better to compliment her on some jewelry she is wearing rather than something physical like her legs or hair. If you cannot think of how you want to compliment her in this way, then compliment her on her choice of drink or what she is eating or reading.
- 3Make the conversation about her. Ask her questions and listen to her answers without interrupting. Women adore men who seem to be genuinely interested in what they have to say.
- 4If you are in a bar, order her favorite drink for her. This is the universal gesture that means, "Hello, I notice you and I want to meet you." You can find out what her drink is by observing it or talking to the bartender. Simply say to the bartender, "She'll have another and put it on my tab." This will impress her because the drink is technically a gift that you are sending to her in the name of courtship.
- 5Assess her situation and then do her a favor. Does she need her chair pulled out or her coat taken and hung up? Does she need you to pour her another glass of wine or pass the salt? Any gesture that you make that shows extra consideration for her is sure to also impress her.
- 6Be a bit mysterious and do not talk about yourself. Pretend you are an important businessman, international playboy or secret agent. Do not go too far, but be as cool as possible, while at the same time polite and friendly. This will spark her interest sexually and she will want to meet you again so that she can find out more about you.
- 7Limit the amount of time that you spend speaking with her. Do not spend the whole night talking to her. Withdraw from the conversation, preferably just as she has something important to tell you. This will also make her want to see you again so that she can finish her story. If you have impressed her, it will also create a mild sense of anxiety within her, that you do not want to spend all of your time talking to her, and that she might have a rival that you prefer talking to instead.
How to Impress A Girl You Have Met Online
Sometimes the girl that you want to score a date with, is only available to you online. In this case, making a good impression is important as well as creating a little bit of mystery or a wow factor around yourself that will make her want to agree to go out on a date with you.
If you want to impress a girl online, try the following:
- 1Start by pressing the LIKE button when you see one of her posts and then follow up with some positive commentary. This shows her that you are interested in her life and wish to engage her in conversation.
How to Impress A Girl on the First Date
Once you the two of you have agreed to meet, there are some things that you can do to impress her, regardless of whether you have met online or in person before.
- 1Make sure that you arrive for the date exactly on time. Don't be too early, as that will irritate her because most women want uninterrupted private time to get ready before a first date. If you arrive more than five minutes late, she might see you as someone who does not value her time or like a poor planner who does not know how to plan ahead or organize his life.
- 2Go to her house and pick her up in a vehicle. Women have more respect for men that own a car and that will take the trouble to come to their door and escort them everywhere. Men who want to the woman to meet them at a club or elsewhere are making the outing seem less like a date and more like a casual outing. Women want men who will meet them halfway, and go the distance when it comes to making an effort to see her.
- 3Bring her flowers, chocolates or a gift basket when you pick her up at her door. This impresses her because it makes her feel very special.
- 4Insist on paying everything for the date. This is an old-fashioned way of letting her know that you respect her and feel like she is someone worth investing your attention and money into.
How to Impress A Girl That You Want A Relationship With
Impressing a girl that you have already dated or had sex with is about some day becoming her one and only boyfriend, or even her partner. Here are some things that you can do to seriously impress her enough to make her want to marry you.
- 1Stop texting her and start calling her. A phone call means that you love her so much that you need to hear her voice. It will also impress her because it is so much more adult to call someone rather than text him or her.
- 2Make her breakfast in bed and cook her the occasional meal. Even if you are not a great cook, she will be impressed by the effort, because from her point of view, you will seem like the nurturing type. Women love tough men, but also those that can show off a little culinary skill and it shows her that if you ever have kids, you will be able to cook for them.
- 3Surprise her by cleaning up her place for her while she is at work or away. Do her dishes, vacuum and straighten up. Many women find a man who cleans to be a desirable life partner because it shows that he will want to pitch in.
- 4Take her on a shopping spree. Most women do not expect this and she will be absolutely delighted that you love her enough to actually invest in her.
- 5Bring her flowers every time you see her. Women love this because it keeps the romance fresh and makes every day seem like the day you first met.
- 6Compliment her on her beauty as well as her brains. Make it known that you find her attractive, but also make it known that you recognize her for her career or other achievements. Show her encouragement and she will show you devotion and loyalty in return.
- 7Be incredibly kind to her parents and other relatives. Doing her parents, a few favors will endear you to everyone. It is also important to be nice to any ex partner that she co-parents with, as opposed to displaying any jealousy of that person. This will impress her because it shows her that you can be cooperative.
Things That Never Impress A Girl
If you want to drive her away, rather than impress her, then do these things:
- 1Brag about yourself, who you know, your accomplishments, how much money you make or what you own. Bragging comes off as egotistical and pushy, and most women will picture how you will be talking about her, once she becomes one of her acquisitions.
- 2Talk about women in a sexist way or demean feminism. Almost all women and most men are feminists nowadays, so the old-school off-color jokes or insistence that women are not equal will not impress her. This is because most women are looking for an equal who can become a partner, and not someone who sees himself as better than her.
- 3Be mean to waiters or waitresses or not tip them. Women see how you treat servers as a gauge of your kindness and tolerance towards others. No woman wants to be with a stingy or mean man that embarrasses her by not leaving a gratuity.
- 4Flirt with other women while you are with her. This makes her feel like you do not respect her. Even if you really do think that she is just like all of the others, it is rude to convey this by focusing on other women.
- 5Show up for a date looking disheveled or unclean. This sends her the clear message that you really don't care what she thinks about you and that you expect her to lower her standards to be with you.
- 6Show up late or not at all. Being stood up is a deal-breaker for most women, who will not be impressed by your lack of regard for her time. Being late is just as bad, as it shows that you have little regard for her time.
- 7Refrain from talking about your ex. Women do not want to feel like they are competing in any way with your past.
- 8Never look bored or annoyed while she is telling you a story, especially if it taking her a long time to tell. If she is taking a lot of time to express her narrative, it means that she has an important point to get across to you and that she wants you to listen to every word. She will be impressed if, at the end of telling this tale, you can recap and summarize it for. Women who do this are testing you to see if you care enough to really find out what is important to her.
Tips and Tricks
- Every woman is an individual with her own morals, personal limits and preferences when it comes to men and some women may be more impressed by some behaviors than others, so it is a good idea to know who she is, before trying to impress her
- It is a mistake to keep trying to impress a woman who has already told you that she is not interested in you after you have tried twice, as she will begin to see you as desperate and pathetic
- Keep in mind that all people are moody and can change their mind and what they are impressed by one day, they are not on another
- Whether you are online or not, if she starts talking about her ex a lot, back off and don't talk to her for a few days, as this is a sign that she sees you more as a therapist type or a friend, rather than a romantic prospect