Immunize and Scan Your Computer Using Spybot Search and Destroy
Edited by Colette Cole, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, I am going to show you how to immunize and scan your computer using Spybot Search & Destroy 2.4. This is an anti-malware and anti-virus program that can be used along with another one if you wish, or can be used on its own. It is very effective in removing malware and spyware.
- 2Click on "Immunization". Basically what immunization does, and it sounds a lot like the medical term, is it will block common threats, so it's kind of like immunizing yourself against a virus. It's going to test the browsers and take a look at any holes in our system that might allow threats in. When complete, it tells us how many files have been immunized.Advertisement
- 3We can click "Apply immunization" and it will check any of the browsers on our system, and it will also offer us browser extensions to use while we're searching online. It's going to let us know in the middle box where it says "Immunization" whether we're using it regularly. If we go for awhile without immunizing, Spybot will advise us when we open this window as well.
- 4Now we are going to perform a System Scan. We want to make sure that we don't have any malware infections. We are going to click on "System Scan". We can choose "File Scan" as well if we're just interested in looking at a particular file folder and we don't want to take all the time to do a system scan. Windows will ask if we want to let it do so, so we will allow it.
- 8Start the malware scan by clicking the "Start a scan" button in the top box. We have the anti-malware scanner and we're using it alongside a regular anti-virus program. It will pick up trojan horses as well, not just other programs, so it is very effective in cleaning our computer up. We're going to let it do its thing. If we are letting the scan go ahead, we should walk away from our computer because if we do other things while it's scanning, we will slow everything down. It's best to let it do its job. It's especially important to keep the browsers closed because it's going to scan them.
- 9Once the scan has finished, take a look at the scan results. We've stopped this early just to show how to do it, but if there was any malware that had been detected by Spybot, we would see it here under the "Description". We would also see the "Location" and the "Threat Level", so if it is moderate or minimal or severe, we would know. Once we have the malware listed, we would select the malware we want to clean up. Usually, it's all of them.
- 11That's it, that is how you scan and immunize your system using Spybot Search & Destroy 2.4. Thank you for watching VisiHow. If you have any questions or comments about this video, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below. Take care.
Video: Immunize and Scan Your Computer Using Spybot Search and Destroy
There is no user reviews.